Unusual or Rare Cars - Part 3

Carbon82

the straight line is nice.. the s curve handling is something else unfortunately...

On 3/27/2023 at 11:06 AM, Volvobrick said:

Had one before. T5. 225hp (I think) from a 2.0T wasn't too shabby. Definitely a lot quicker than it looked! Enjoyed it very much.

↡ Advertisement

On 3/27/2023 at 1:00 PM, Sdf4786k said:

the straight line is nice.. the s curve handling is something else unfortunately...

Straight line acceleration (and comfort) is most important for me. Sg roads no curves one anyway. 

On 3/27/2023 at 1:42 PM, Confusedboi said:

Hardly see new Suzuki swift sport around. Champagne color Bentley, driver look like new citizen from PRC.

68D74597-5891-4F1B-AEAE-400799958F11.jpeg

F04B622F-101A-4091-AD35-2D37648F7640.jpeg

Rich PRC drivers have got at least 1 thing right - they don't waste money on vanity plates 😂 Got money, upgrade to higher luxury car better

I used to look at the new RR and Bentley drivers with randomly generated plate numbers with disdain, but I realise that in the end no matter what plate you have, you got RR/Bentley, you can talk louder.

• Haha! 9

Over a quarter century old 993 Cabriolet, the last air cooled 911. Look stock and well maintained. [thumbsup]

9Y60t4a.jpeg

5xQyZbr.jpeg

GzzooMl.jpeg

mVQVOZT.jpeg

7PpLgbY.jpeg

q8Wz6wx.jpeg

3hUHpgH.jpeg

Wzkejlg.jpeg

• Praise 20

On 3/30/2023 at 10:18 PM, Carbon82 said:

Over a quarter century old 993 Cabriolet, which was the last air cooled 911. Look stock and well maintained. [thumbsup]

9Y60t4a.jpeg

5xQyZbr.jpeg

GzzooMl.jpeg

mVQVOZT.jpeg

7PpLgbY.jpeg

q8Wz6wx.jpeg

3hUHpgH.jpeg

Wzkejlg.jpeg

Those are some trippy rims!

On 3/31/2023 at 7:36 PM, 107fan said:

Collector item

But left hand drive come to UK market for what?

Unlike SG, UK allows registration of LHD.

Since it is collector item, ppl will grab it.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

On 3/31/2023 at 7:55 PM, inlinesix said:

Unlike SG, UK allows registration of LHD.

Since it is collector item, ppl will grab it.

Makes sense, given its shared proximity to France!

On 3/30/2023 at 10:18 PM, Carbon82 said:

Over a quarter century old 993 Cabriolet, the last air cooled 911. Look stock and well maintained. [thumbsup]

9Y60t4a.jpeg

5xQyZbr.jpeg

GzzooMl.jpeg

mVQVOZT.jpeg

7PpLgbY.jpeg

q8Wz6wx.jpeg

3hUHpgH.jpeg

Wzkejlg.jpeg

Exterior and interior are sibeh kilat ! Not sure if the Tiptronic gearbox on Porsches from this era is better than a manual though. 

On 3/27/2023 at 11:06 AM, Volvobrick said:

Had one before. T5. 225hp (I think) from a 2.0T wasn't too shabby. Definitely a lot quicker than it looked! Enjoyed it very much.

Me too. Non R version. FC was horrendous but the engine was smooth and made beautiful sounds. From GF to top of Centrepoint car park on boost all the way, 1/4 tank gone. Luckily for me, my petrol then was paid for by company. Very fast off the line. When it came to curves, the torque steer was very apparent. I took the 850 up the NS highway frequently where it was a great cruiser, and fantastic for over taking lorries on dual-carriageways.

Still, it was a great drive and I kept it for 9 years. Gave up on it for a Subaru LGT when it started to break down frequently. Every visit to workshop cost thousands. The Legacy GT was another great drive. I did minimal of mods to get a better brake pedal feel.

• Praise 4

On 4/1/2023 at 12:18 PM, serenade said:

Me too. Non R version. FC was horrendous but the engine was smooth and made beautiful sounds. From GF to top of Centrepoint car park on boost all the way, 1/4 tank gone. Luckily for me, my petrol then was paid for by company. Very fast off the line. When it came to curves, the torque steer was very apparent. I took the 850 up the NS highway frequently where it was a great cruiser, and fantastic for over taking lorries on dual-carriageways.

Still, it was a great drive and I kept it for 9 years. Gave up on it for a Subaru LGT when it started to break down frequently. Every visit to workshop cost thousands. The Legacy GT was another great drive. I did minimal of mods to get a better brake pedal feel.

850 was pre-S70. S70 smoothened out the corners of 850. Volvo raced the 850 wagon. Maybe as a joke.....