Ferrari Is Recalling Nearly Every Car It's Sold Since 2005

Windwaver

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ferrari-brake-failure-recall-2005-2022/

Ferrari Is Recalling Nearly Every Car It's Sold Since 2005

Even the LaFerrari is implicated in Ferrari's latest NHTSA recall for brake failure.

Ferraris are mostly known for one thing: going fast. Perhaps they should be better known for their brakes, then. Anyone—in any car, almost—can go fast; it's stopping that matters. Now, Ferrari has a big stopping problem, with 19 of its models dating all the way back to 2005 reportedly at risk for potential brake failure, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

It's job is to go fast, not stopping what, brakes never their strength. I think only Subaru is pround of it's braking ability. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 5

17 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Who made Brakes for Ferrari.?Brembo.?Then those Cars using Brembo Brakes also must Check.

May not be the caliper issue...sekali it's the brake pedal...too puny for big foot...😁

6 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Thier F1 Car got kenna recall also? 

Oh shix...i also have one...i better also check that one out later...i tink it's Räikkönen era...oh oh...it's also a RC variant 😁

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Oh shix...i also have one...i better also check that one out later...i tink it's Räikkönen era...oh oh...it's also a RC variant 😁

Lucky I am a red bull fan. hahaha. Honda better! hahahah 

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Lucky I am a red bull fan. hahaha. Honda better! hahahah 

Also got a Redbull...thought could race with my young boy back then...only to realise that both cars have same frequency...😅

• Haha! 1

I thought is some serious problems.

😂

"According to the NHTSA filing, the issue relates to the brake fluid reservoir cap which "may not vent properly, creating a vacuum inside the brake fluid reservoir, and resulting in a brake fluid leak that may lead to a partial or total loss of brake function.""

"The repair is fairly straightforward. Ferrari will replace the brake fluid reservoir cap and update the software in the affected vehicles to provide for a different warning message if the vehicle should lose sufficient brake fluid."

"a whopping 23,555 Ferraris are implicated and will need to be serviced"

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3