So where next?

I want to take me MIL shopping

and make sure she has

a smashing good time.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

You mean the technician brief the press what happen? 

I mean management release a brief hanging the technician.... thus clearing themselves of blame

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Playtime said:

I mean management release a brief hanging the technician.... thus clearing themselves of blame

OIC, but isn't they managing the building? Don't they have standard SOP for such works? Working at height and public space leh. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Silverkris said:

NEX ceiling falls

Westmall Ceiling falls

Far East Ceiling falls.

See the pattern yet?

JEM still the winner.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

So where next?

I want to take me MIL shopping

and make sure she has

a smashing good time.

:D

You can start recce for a good spot liao. If Singapore doesn't have then may be Johor...or Bangkok.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

OIC, but isn't they managing the building? Don't they have standard SOP for such works? Working at height and public space leh. 

maybe someone signed off the permit to work and risk assessments etc,  overlooking safety precautions and work hours.🤔.... so lets just blame the lowly technician lor.

usually these properties u must work after hours.

48 minutes ago, Playtime said:

maybe someone signed off the permit to work and risk assessments etc,  overlooking safety precautions and work hours.🤔.... so lets just blame the lowly technician lor.

usually these properties u must work after hours.

Actually inlinesix already answered.

'The reply does not looks like it had been vetted' a surprise for an organization like FE. Let's not rub salt to the wound but hope they will learn from this mistake.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

next time you're in a mall, better look up.

Life really getting stress, even go shopping also need to look up?! 😅

• Haha! 1

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/commentary/buildings-water-leakage-cracks-ceiling-nex-westgate-built-environment-2889166

It is timely someone started to question why. Brain drain the reason?

1) most of the award winning developments are designed by famous foreign architect. if the same design is submitted by a local architect no developer will build. We are brand crazy.

2) if it is designed by an expert oversea, would the submission architect going to teach the expert how to do it right or just ensure codes are complied?

3) what is BCA role? Check the consultants works or simply ensure someone endorse the plan and hold him responsible?

4) what is the quality of our people involved in construction today. More locals, more qualified foreigners, and who actually monitor this? Which authorities monitor or just look for the rubber stamps on the documents?

5) what are the focus today? GreenMark, more balconies, more landscape, PV panels, etc. Construction quality base on what measurements? 

With construction at it peak, would our buildings last that number of years it is designed for? Maybe those directly involved can share some lights.

↡ Advertisement