Xiaomi Mix Fold 2

Carbon82

4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Daytime not much difference. S22 night mode is not the best... 

I guess the more you know. The more u ponder differences. Anyway since its a want buy for me, I like to take my time.

I really like my current phone still actually. Two screen repairs and 1 battery change! 

Thats ttrue.

Do remember that once you repaired your phone, the water proofing is not there, so do not dip into swiimming pool.  My Mrs did that to her S8 after a repair, and it instantly gone case.  lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Just now, Ingenius said:

Can I ask you, do you actually use the s-pen frequently ? 

yes a bit, for drawing or editing photo, and sometime for work. I dun have a laptop at home hence i use phone for preparing, signing or highlighting on document then save it and email to people, the pen is useful as such.

occasionally use it as remote for taking wefie photo [laugh]

• Praise 4

3 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

yes a bit, for drawing or editing photo, and sometime for work. I dun have a laptop at home hence i use phone for preparing, signing or highlighting on document then save it and email to people, the pen is useful as such.

Thanks.  Then maybe you can consider getting the Fold 4, which seems to suit your use case.  Edit : you have bought s22 ultra.  Nowadays dont have a laptop or tablet at home is quite rare.

Edited by Ingenius

8 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

wah seh u so many loot. don't have laptop at home? 

• Haha! 1

Agree with many here that when it comes to UX, apple is unbeatable.

Android definitely serves a different market. You can find a 200+ Android phone with a snapdragon chip, OLED 120hz screen and reasonable cameras but no way you can get anything like that with an iphone. 

Bang for buck, android works for the middle ground. Of cos, the Mi ultras, s22/23 ultras and pro phones and iPhones serve a more atas market and are very competitive and somewhat similar in their offerings.

Just look at Xiaomi with their 1-inch sensor camera. That's pretty impressive. Pictures can rival some mirrorless cameras with its computational power.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

i always thought the samsung flip phone is for women [laugh] , but now can see more men using in in kdrama [sweatdrop]

If i have their height and look and complexion i will also use the Samsung flip phone.😅😅😅

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

wah seh u so many loot. don't have laptop at home? 

[laugh][laugh]  cos i dun do much work that require pc at home and my last own laptop was 2010.

Last month my son pass me his old laptop with damage keyboard and camera, i have to buy back case with keyboard from aliexpress to transfer the motherboard, etc over. Maybe i can use it to do something now........ 

9 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

[laugh][laugh]  cos i dun do much work that require pc at home and my last own laptop was 2010.

Last month my son pass me his old laptop with damage keyboard and camera, i have to buy back case with keyboard from aliexpress to transfer the motherboard, etc over. Maybe i can use it to do something now........ 

my old PC that my dad was using on-off for a number of years died that day.

So luckily the hard disks were still working and i bought a SATA hdd to USB reader to copy out the data (mostly old photos from their previous travels).

I wanted to buy a cheap laptop for my dad, but they say don't want.
So now they are using my sis old lenovo laptop which the hinge broke off. So basically u need to prop the screen up from the back to use the laptop...

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 3

Why man need such a big one?

Who here wishes his one is bigger?

I never met anyone that said

he wished his phone had a bigger screen!

:D

7 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Haha schoolboy error me. Read the wrong line. Good for sg consumers. 

Would be good going forward.

Samsung announced that they ditching exynos chip from now onwards. 

11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I'm still surviving on my 64gb S9+. Almost paid for an Oppo find x3 pro on 8.8. But think i will wait for find x5 pro price to drop when new flagship comes out.
Cos the battery life is better on the find x5 series vs x3.

Better remove from cart, if not very agonizing while waiting :grin:

7 hours ago, Ingenius said:

Thats ttrue.

Do remember that once you repaired your phone, the water proofing is not there, so do not dip into swiimming pool.  My Mrs did that to her S8 after a repair, and it instantly gone case.  lol.

She's trying to get a new phone la :secret-laugh:

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Vratenza said:

Samsung announced that they ditching exynos chip from now onwards. 

Ihttps://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-exynos-business-discontinue-denial-3191172/

I don't think they will ditch it whole sale. But they need some better design. 

They will never ditch it cos it would mean they become relegated to a manufacturer. And you cannot compete with apple if u are not involved in the design process of the chip to optimise your phone.

Even Google has tensor even though they are still a small part of the android phone market. 

Albeit tsmc is a manufacturer/foundry that had done well just purely focusing on the latter. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

40 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Ihttps://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-exynos-business-discontinue-denial-3191172/

I don't think they will ditch it whole sale. But they need some better design. 

They will never ditch it cos it would mean they become relegated to a manufacturer. And you cannot compete with apple if u are not involved in the design process of the chip to optimise your phone.

Even Google has tensor even though they are still a small part of the android phone market. 

Albeit tsmc is a manufacturer/foundry that had done well just purely focusing on the latter. 

Thanks for the updated info, I read the "rumour"  a couple of weeks ago. 

If I read between the marketing talk statement lines, seem like samsung is  taking a break in pushing out top of the line performance chips from s23 till possibly s25 in a not so subtle way to admit that they have trouble keeping up with qualcom snapdragons. Whether the 2-3 yrs of close door development is sufficient to put exynos back on the map is an unknown. 

Who knows, in 3 yrs, Samsung can simply just decide to stop exynos entirely if the 闭关修炼does not yield any viable competitive chip. :D

Supercharged
13 hours ago, Lala81 said:

if 256gb, i would have not much incentive to change phone cos the screen is still very good. 

but using almost 4.5 years liao, my ROI already more or less max out liao. And its still a solid backup phone. Lol.

4.5 years still very new. For me, my phone need to last at least 10 years before I change......😁

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Starry said:

4.5 years still very new. For me, my phone need to last at least 10 years before I change......😁

Din know phone also got COE:D

• Haha! 5

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Impressive! [thumbsup]

Too bad many of these models are limited to china only. 

Hopefully there will be a global model for this one.. looks good.

↡ Advertisement