Xiaomi Mix Fold 2

Carbon82

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Impressive! [thumbsup]

The reviewer mentioned about software compatibilities for Chinese foldables. I guess it meant mainstream apps such as whatsapp/YouTube  or the office suite when using the fold out screen.

What do you think? 

↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, Invigorated said:

Too bad many of these models are limited to china only. 

Hopefully there will be a global model for this one.. looks good.

Available for export (Chinese set) now. 

https://www.giztop.com/xiaomi-mix-fold-2.html

I am keen to get the 512GB variant, not now but a few months down the road, when the price starts to soften. Or better still, if I have friend coming from China, just get them to hand carry for me. [:)]

I am still using the 1st Generation Xiaomi Mix (2016) which come with ceramic case as my backup phone, thus I have absolute confidence with the Xiaomi's quality. 

4 hours ago, Vratenza said:

The reviewer mentioned about software compatibilities for Chinese foldables. I guess it meant mainstream apps such as whatsapp/YouTube  or the office suite when using the fold out screen.

What do you think? 

The original Xiaomi Mix Fold and most other Chinese phone (domestic model) do not come with Google play store (user have to download it separately through 3rd party app).

So it become a big thing when the Fold 2 come preloaded with full Google suite and Play store which is expected to be fully compatible with this Chinese foldable. It should be usable on both external and internal screens. 

One thing that many report missed out is that this Fold 2 is also using Android 12L (same as Galaxy Fold 4), with a version optimised for foldable. 

• Praise 7

With phones costing 4 digits for better ones. Prefer to buy ones with warranty in Sg. Few hundred dollars OK lah can take the risk. 1000+, prefer to have warranty.

Must also take into account that the phone will not be repairable here most of the time. Like cracked screen etc. So if got issue, instant write off. 

• Praise 5

lol above advice was for myself as I was considering the oppo find X5, Xiaomi mi 12pro earlier on. Almost considered buying those import sets.
But decided against it as i do crack my screens from time to time.

11 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Available for export (Chinese set) now. 

https://www.giztop.com/xiaomi-mix-fold-2.html

I am keen to get the 512GB variant, not now but a few months down the road, when the price starts to soften. Or better still, if I have friend coming from China, just get them to hand carry for me. [:)]

I am still using the 1st Generation Xiaomi Mix (2016) which come with ceramic case as my backup phone, thus I have absolute confidence with the Xiaomi's quality. 

The original Xiaomi Mix Fold and most other Chinese phone (domestic model) do not come with Google play store (user have to download it separately through 3rd party app).

So it become a big thing when the Fold 2 come preloaded with full Google suite and Play store which is expected to be fully compatible with this Chinese foldable. It should be usable on both external and internal screens. 

One thing that many report missed out is that this Fold 2 is also using Android 12L (same as Galaxy Fold 4), with a version optimised for foldable. 

Specs look really good.  That said,  I had quite a few issues when I bought the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra because of the China only ROM.

Had the Google play store, but had to fiddle for a few days to get the various apps on the phone to recognise my contact list, android auto didn't work for me,  and Google maps location history didn't work etc. Drove me nuts after a bit and I went back to Samsung.  

Nonetheless,  looking forward to your review !

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, fungyee77 said:

Specs look really good.  That said,  I had quite a few issues when I bought the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra because of the China only ROM.

Had the Google play store, but had to fiddle for a few days to get the various apps on the phone to recognise my contact list, android auto didn't work for me,  and Google maps location history didn't work etc. Drove me nuts after a bit and I went back to Samsung.  

Nonetheless,  looking forward to your review !

Wait for global versions although that'll usually be a waiting game.

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Err sg doesn't even have xiaomi 12 or 12 Pro for sale officially. 

You using Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra? Pretty good cam.

35 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

You using Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra? Pretty good cam.

Nope. I was considering xiaomi 12pro 

Turbocharged

i guess these are their strengths...

Apple - ecosystem
Samsung - innovative features
Huawei - camera
Xiaomi - price

can we have one that combine all of the above 😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Scion said:

i guess these are their strengths...

Apple - ecosystem
Samsung - innovative features
Huawei - camera
Xiaomi - price

can we have one that combine all of the above 😁

Oppo...?😁

6 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Wait for global versions although that'll usually be a waiting game.

Yea. Learned my lesson. 

Mi 10 Ultra never came out with a global version, if I'm not mistaken.  Mi 11 Ultra did though, so hopefully this will be a trend going forward. 

Samsung is solid, but with the clampdown on Huawei, they have a firm grip on the massive US android market. 

The rate of innovation has clearly slowed, per the incremental improvements in the latest Galaxy Fold 4 / Flip 4.  Hopefully Xiaomi can inject a bit more competition into the fray. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4