If my car seldom use coz I retired....

Axela525

29 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Eurokar Standard.

Are we talking Porsche or Mazda !

$600 can get 2-3 routine 4 cyl services at PML even.

1 minute ago, shrjun said:

Are we talking Porsche or Mazda !

$600 can get 2-3 routine 4 cyl services at PML even.

Almost the same price,only have Warranty go back Eurokar,or else go outside.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

@Kb27 Any link to apply? Need PHV license? I dun have...thks!

I drive with Grab with phv license, then they offer me more jobs, Grabfood, Grabdelivery, but I stop doing those after a while. Now, I only do passengers.

Perhaps you can write to Grab. Imo, you don't need phv license for food and parcel delivery, as you're not fetching people around, but you never know. Maybe it's part of the driver app, which requires phv. Anyway, if you have to, you can think about taking the license. It's not that difficult. Then your choice bcum even wider.

https://www.grab.com/sg/driver/deliver/

Think about making your car work/pay for you...

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

@Kb27 PHV can get online for e test no need go there take test?

The last time I took was during Uber time. They paid for the course, but maybe now can claim from skills development fund. 

https://www.gojek.com/sg/blog/dp-gojek-singapore-driver-vocational-licence-application/

Actually I drive gojek more often now than for grab. It's just different platform, on a phone.

I think then was a couple of days course, must pass 2 tests. Don't think there's online.

You can also check with LTA.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Those checklist from AD is just for show la. They default tick everything, whether or not got check or do. 

Should save time by printing the tick marks on the forms.

• Haha! 1

For low mileage usage, Ok to extend the 6 months interval by another 1-2 months generally. 

So if you clock abt 500-1000km a month, it will be ard 4-8k service interval. 

In addition, you can do simpler oil change servicing ($130 or cheaper) at ourside WS for each 6-8 mths interval. Only for major mileage interval like 40k, 80k, 120k etc then you can opt to do AD or other comprehensive servicing since this is major interval.

• Praise 1

@Axela525

In the event you want to lengthen your servicing interval, at the least watch out for the brake fluids.

Why you should have your brake fluid checked

Think about how often you depress the brake pedal on your daily commute to slow down. It’s repetitious, and that’s why it’s critical that your vehicle’s braking system is in tip-top condition. Things like brake pads and discs have visual indications of wear and tear but brake fluid however often goes unnoticed and therefore unchanged.

Ensuring your brake fluid is topped up to the mark on the side of the reservoir is a good start, but it’s also the condition of your brake fluid which can affect your braking performance. If you need your brake system checked, make an appointment with NRMA mobile mechanics where we can inspect your vehicle's braking system and provide advice on what is required to ensure your brakes are in top condition. We can carry out a brake fluid system flush and replace brake pads and disc rotors if required.

Brake fluids are hygroscopic, what does this mean?

Most brake fluids such as DOT 3 and DOT 4 are hygroscopic, meaning they will absorb moisture when exposed to air. The main enemy of brake fluid is moisture and this can be absorbed through brake lines or the brake fluid reservoir even when the vehicle is not driven. This is the normal process of the fluid’s life cycle but it is exacerbated in more humid conditions and climates.

After a year in service your brake fluid will absorb approximately 2% of moisture. This decreases the boiling point of your brake fluid and heightens the risk of a brake failure.

Note: Make sure you use the correct brake fluid specification as per the vehicle manufacturer’s manual.

How a low boiling point can put you and your family at risk

When driving your vehicle, your brake pads can reach extremely high temperatures and this heat is then passed onto the brake fluid which can raise the fluid temperature to over 200°C. When the fluid gets too hot, small air bubbles start to form as it begins to boil and because air is more compressible than fluid, the risk of a spongy brake pedal increases. If the fluid is repeatedly heated past its boiling point, eventually the brake pedal will travel all the way to the floor without providing much force on the brake pads, meaning you may struggle to pull up at intersections. This is called brake fade.

• Praise 3

Good point

Don't change engine oil never mind

car just cannot move.

Don't check brake fluid dangerous

car cannot stop

:D

59 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

@Axela525

In the event you want to lengthen your servicing interval, at the least watch out for the brake fluids.

Why you should have your brake fluid checked

Think about how often you depress the brake pedal on your daily commute to slow down. It’s repetitious, and that’s why it’s critical that your vehicle’s braking system is in tip-top condition. Things like brake pads and discs have visual indications of wear and tear but brake fluid however often goes unnoticed and therefore unchanged.

Ensuring your brake fluid is topped up to the mark on the side of the reservoir is a good start, but it’s also the condition of your brake fluid which can affect your braking performance. If you need your brake system checked, make an appointment with NRMA mobile mechanics where we can inspect your vehicle's braking system and provide advice on what is required to ensure your brakes are in top condition. We can carry out a brake fluid system flush and replace brake pads and disc rotors if required.

Brake fluids are hygroscopic, what does this mean?

Most brake fluids such as DOT 3 and DOT 4 are hygroscopic, meaning they will absorb moisture when exposed to air. The main enemy of brake fluid is moisture and this can be absorbed through brake lines or the brake fluid reservoir even when the vehicle is not driven. This is the normal process of the fluid’s life cycle but it is exacerbated in more humid conditions and climates.

After a year in service your brake fluid will absorb approximately 2% of moisture. This decreases the boiling point of your brake fluid and heightens the risk of a brake failure.

Note: Make sure you use the correct brake fluid specification as per the vehicle manufacturer’s manual.

How a low boiling point can put you and your family at risk

When driving your vehicle, your brake pads can reach extremely high temperatures and this heat is then passed onto the brake fluid which can raise the fluid temperature to over 200°C. When the fluid gets too hot, small air bubbles start to form as it begins to boil and because air is more compressible than fluid, the risk of a spongy brake pedal increases. If the fluid is repeatedly heated past its boiling point, eventually the brake pedal will travel all the way to the floor without providing much force on the brake pads, meaning you may struggle to pull up at intersections. This is called brake fade.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:43 AM, Beehive3783 said:

10K or 6 months, whichever comes first. For me personally i clock 10k in about 7 to 8 months max, so I go with every 10k.

Risk of leaving oil sitting in the engine for prolonged period is the formation of sludge. 

During Covid, i couldn't service my car, the agent said can wait. No problem one but not servicing at all is asking for trouble.

• Praise 1

On 8/12/2022 at 4:04 PM, Gnahp said:

@Jamesc 

this is a very good point

car A - drive everyday, 5km reach destination, park for hours, drive 5km back

car B - drive once a week, each time 70km non stop

both car clock the same low-ish 3,650km in a year

car A engine and gearbox will die much faster

So now we know to avoid those "Family second car, for grocery shopping only, for fetching kids to school" cars

Must look for high mileage, daily driven cars 

Just joking 😁

• Haha! 1

On 8/12/2022 at 11:39 AM, Axela525 said:

Can I service at 10,000km interval but at more than 6 months interval? Coz I sign the servicing bundle with Transeurokars mazda...coming is 120k servicing.

Will the car perform ok? 7 years old Mazda 3 with 3 years more to go....can save better, coz retired no income...thanks! Input and feedback, thanks!

More than 6 mths ok, but dont more than a year.  And please use fully synthetic oil which does not break down so easily.  

• Praise 1

On 8/13/2022 at 6:16 PM, Voodooman said:

During Covid, i couldn't service my car, the agent said can wait. No problem one but not servicing at all is asking for trouble.

Talking about servicing, my car is due for 120,000km servicing. 
but basically engine oil and oil filter amd maybe spark plugs.  Change a pair of wipers since old one a bit torn.

probably another $400-500 fly away

hai….,,

• Praise 1

On 8/12/2022 at 8:16 PM, Vratenza said:

All ADs will do that, or they cover the cams with some cloth when the car is in their workshop...

Mechanics also need their privacy ok.... :D

If they do nothing wrong,  I wonder what is there to hide?

↡ Advertisement