If my car seldom use coz I retired....

Axela525

1 hour ago, BoneStock said:

my car is 3year plus now but I stopped going back to agent after the free servicings were used up.  Have been servicing once every 10 months since I clock only 1000km a month nowadays.  No issue, engine is still very smooth.

btw, my car still has almost 2 years warranty left.  Once, I sent it back to agent to rectify a noise in the door and they didn't even check my service records.

That is because they are hard pressed to void the warranty of the car door based on you changing the engine oil outside.

You try going back to them to solve a leaking radiator or timing belt issue...see if they find it an issue with you not going back for agent servicing... :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Gnahp said:

@Jamesc 

this is a very good point

car A - drive everyday, 5km reach destination, park for hours, drive 5km back

car B - drive once a week, each time 70km non stop

both car clock the same low-ish 3,650km in a year

car A engine and gearbox will die much faster

After 10 years COE expire both cars at 36k km will be perfectly OK. It's only a car, pai either repair or sell. Don't worry so much. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hmm I did a major servicing at 60k km. Changed spark plugs. Transmission fluid etc. 

Then due to covid and also bit bo chup about servicing, i did only 2 servicings since then and the only reason I went for one the last time was cos the battery died and I went to workshop thinking something was spoilt. Albeit with the recent flat tyre, I did change my front brake pads. 

Car is 7+ years old. I think I may just service once more next year before scrapping in 2025 January. 

I doubt will have any issues. Or if anything, it's not what preventive maintenance would have helped with. 

My wife's car has been serviced twice over last 4 years. Driven maybe 4-5 days a week. Sometimes more sometimes less. I'm planning to keep it for 20 years. But haha will drag out the service interval also. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

5 hours ago, Axela525 said:

@Volvobrick ok thks boss ...anyway mine 3 more years die liao ..will stretch till year end...I service on 15 th march at 109k....now only 111k....lol

No more warranty go jb service cheap cheap and also cheap grocery makan massage. From top to bottom all shiok

• Haha! 1

If you sign package at agent, check when is the expiry. The last I did at TEK Mazda, was there for 30k and prepaid for 40k. I had one year to send in for 40k. 

Now I service outside, since the cost isn't so high, I stick to the 6 months schedule. Sometimes I'll stretch to 7 or 8 months if busy. 

I do a lot of city driving and short trips too, mileage is not high but I think the car gets stressed more. 

20 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

no expiry....lucky!🙏

nowadays AD package price very attractive 

warranty

car pickup

for me outside more ex than AD 

1 minute ago, Axela525 said:

@Inlinefour that's why I take up for a piece of mind....only thing I dun like is can't see wat they doing...😁

maybe they doing nothing:ninja:

just vacuum and wash :XD:

my friend check his dash cam video to make sure oil change etc :grin:

33 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

@Lovemyride no expiry....lucky!🙏

SmartSelect_20220812-193424_Piktures.jpg

Noticed different mileage has different price. The most expensive one is most likely major servicing. Any break down on what these package include? 

If say you go for 120,000km servicing package when you are actually 150,000km...how does it work? They still go ahead without question ask? 

↡ Advertisement