I See, I Laugh, I Share...

therock

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/man-orders-food-restaurant-1km-away-receives-it-2-hours-later

Man orders food from restaurant 1km away, receives it 2 hours later

Despite expecting around a 40-minute wait for his food, Tai KX ended up waiting a whopping two hours.

To add salt to his wound, the delivery rider couldn't be bothered to send the food up to his unit and instead left the food order at the void deck of his HDB block in Sengkang. 

Upset, Tai took to Facebook on Monday (Jan 16) to rant about the rider's behaviour. 

On Sunday (Jan 15) at around 6pm, the 36-year-old man ordered food for his family from Boon Tong Kee at Compass One via Foodpanda.

The distance from that mall to his block is just 1km away.

The app said the food would take about 40 minutes to arrive, and the food collection time was 6.53pm. That delivery time also stated that the rider would take three minutes to reach Tai's location. 

However, despite the app indicating that the food had already been picked up from Compass One, the GPS location revealed the rider was elsewhere. 

Out of courtesy, Tai said he messaged the rider to check on his order, adding that this was done "without [him] being hostile". 

In response, the rider claimed he had "stack orders" and told Tai to wait. 

However, 30 minutes later, the rider's location, strangely, had not moved on the app.

Frustrated and hungry, Tai clicked on the help link on the Foodpanda app and was directed to an agent.

But even after speaking to five agents, he said he was unable to find a solution and only received system auto-generated responses as well as an offer for a $4 voucher. 

Around 8pm, Tai messaged the rider again and the rider admitted that he had five orders and was juggling orders on two delivery apps, hence the delay. 

"I've been monitoring the [rider's] GPS since around 7.15pm, it's very clear that the rider collected my food and went to another place to wait and collect food," said Tai. 

Food left at void deck

Finally, at around 8.18pm, the delivery rider told Tai that his food had arrived. 

But instead of sending it up to Tai's unit, the rider told him: "Left at void deck table go take." 

"I was amazed by such behaviour," Tai said, adding that the rider was a "coward". 

Speaking to AsiaOne, Tai said that while he knows the life of a delivery rider is tough, he felt this rider was too unreasonable. 

"I do understand riders work hard to earn a living. Delay a bit can understand. But the rider's GPS location monitoring is very obvious. [He was] not being understanding enough to the customer and [delayed my order] for 1 hour 20 mins," Tai told us. 

"If the rider delivered [the food] to my unit, I wouldn't scold the rider. But by leaving the food at the void deck, it's really ridiculous." 

Tai also told AsiaOne that he did not report the incident to Foodpanda because he felt like it was "useless" and the delivery company would likely "ignore this matter". 

Rider given warning: Foodpanda

In response to AsiaOne's queries, Foodpanda said it has given the rider a warning for not following the standard delivery protocols, which include delivering customers' orders to the address specified in the app.

The company has also contacted the customer to resolve the issue.

Foodpanda also explained that delivery partners are freelancers. Hence, they can make deliveries for more than one platform if they wish to.

Taking on deliveries from different platforms at the same time, however, can cause delays in delivering orders to customers and the company advises delivery riders against doing this.

"We value the trust that our customers place in us and our delivery riders in ensuring that their food and grocery orders are delivered timely and accurately," said Foodpanda.

20221601%20food%20delivery%202%20hours.j

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

44 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/man-orders-food-restaurant-1km-away-receives-it-2-hours-later

Man orders food from restaurant 1km away, receives it 2 hours later

Despite expecting around a 40-minute wait for his food, Tai KX ended up waiting a whopping two hours.

To add salt to his wound, the delivery rider couldn't be bothered to send the food up to his unit and instead left the food order at the void deck of his HDB block in Sengkang. 

Upset, Tai took to Facebook on Monday (Jan 16) to rant about the rider's behaviour. 

On Sunday (Jan 15) at around 6pm, the 36-year-old man ordered food for his family from Boon Tong Kee at Compass One via Foodpanda.

The distance from that mall to his block is just 1km away.

The app said the food would take about 40 minutes to arrive, and the food collection time was 6.53pm. That delivery time also stated that the rider would take three minutes to reach Tai's location. 

However, despite the app indicating that the food had already been picked up from Compass One, the GPS location revealed the rider was elsewhere. 

Out of courtesy, Tai said he messaged the rider to check on his order, adding that this was done "without [him] being hostile". 

In response, the rider claimed he had "stack orders" and told Tai to wait. 

However, 30 minutes later, the rider's location, strangely, had not moved on the app.

Frustrated and hungry, Tai clicked on the help link on the Foodpanda app and was directed to an agent.

But even after speaking to five agents, he said he was unable to find a solution and only received system auto-generated responses as well as an offer for a $4 voucher. 

Around 8pm, Tai messaged the rider again and the rider admitted that he had five orders and was juggling orders on two delivery apps, hence the delay. 

"I've been monitoring the [rider's] GPS since around 7.15pm, it's very clear that the rider collected my food and went to another place to wait and collect food," said Tai. 

Food left at void deck

Finally, at around 8.18pm, the delivery rider told Tai that his food had arrived. 

But instead of sending it up to Tai's unit, the rider told him: "Left at void deck table go take." 

"I was amazed by such behaviour," Tai said, adding that the rider was a "coward". 

Speaking to AsiaOne, Tai said that while he knows the life of a delivery rider is tough, he felt this rider was too unreasonable. 

"I do understand riders work hard to earn a living. Delay a bit can understand. But the rider's GPS location monitoring is very obvious. [He was] not being understanding enough to the customer and [delayed my order] for 1 hour 20 mins," Tai told us. 

"If the rider delivered [the food] to my unit, I wouldn't scold the rider. But by leaving the food at the void deck, it's really ridiculous." 

Tai also told AsiaOne that he did not report the incident to Foodpanda because he felt like it was "useless" and the delivery company would likely "ignore this matter". 

Rider given warning: Foodpanda

In response to AsiaOne's queries, Foodpanda said it has given the rider a warning for not following the standard delivery protocols, which include delivering customers' orders to the address specified in the app.

The company has also contacted the customer to resolve the issue.

Foodpanda also explained that delivery partners are freelancers. Hence, they can make deliveries for more than one platform if they wish to.

Taking on deliveries from different platforms at the same time, however, can cause delays in delivering orders to customers and the company advises delivery riders against doing this.

"We value the trust that our customers place in us and our delivery riders in ensuring that their food and grocery orders are delivered timely and accurately," said Foodpanda.

20221601%20food%20delivery%202%20hours.j

I really hope this happens all the time. Then users will stop using FootPanda/GrabFoot and we will have much less ebike/PMD menace around. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 6

12 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

I really hope this happens all the time. Then users will stop using FootPanda/GrabFoot and we will have much less ebike/PMD menace around. 

Healthier lifestyle too :D

AMDK? :D

YRCZ2Am.gif

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/mother-of-three-divorced-husband-lost-more-than-200000-in-love-scam

Mother of three divorced husband, lost more than $200,000 in love scam

SINGAPORE – A mother of three was so in love with a man she met online she surrendered more than $200,000 worth of her insurance policies and divorced her husband. 

The woman, 40, believed her lover, who claimed to be a military doctor from the United States, needed the funds to pay his hospital bills after claiming he had been shot by terrorists while on a mission in South Sudan.

Her husband discovered the affair and reported the money transfers to the police. But even when police officers told her she was being scammed, she refused to believe them until it was too late.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner (DAC) Aileen Yap from the police’s Anti-Scam Command talked about this case during a panel discussion during the Scaminar! ACT Against Scams event at the Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre on Wednesday.

The session was moderated by Minister of State for Home Affairs Sun Xueling.

Said DAC Yap: “She believed when (her lover) recovered, he would come to Singapore and take care of the three children with her.”

DAC Yap said they were two, nine and 12 years old.

Over three months, police officers tried to convince the woman, an accountant, that she was a victim of a love scam.

They immediately recognised the photographs the woman’s lover had sent, which he claimed were taken at a hospital, were heavily photoshopped.

DAC Yap said: “My officers spoke to her many times but she just did not believe us.” 

The woman finally accepted the truth after she noticed the e-mails the hospital was sending her had originated from the same e-mail address her lover used.

Although police officers were unable to prevent the initial transfer of more than $200,000, they recovered $170,000 of the losses by freezing the bank accounts to which the woman sent the funds.

DAC Yap said: “She faced more than financial losses. Her husband said they were unable to reverse their relationship. The three children suffered and she borrowed from her friends and relatives. They might not get the money back.

“The impact the scam caused is really very devastating. We need to act against scams, to come together to add, check and tell.”

DAC Yap said the public can add security features to their devices, check for warning signs and tell the authorities and people around them about scams.

Other panellists included Ms Loretta Yuen, head of group legal and compliance at OCBC Bank; Mr Dan Yock Hau, assistant chief executive of the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore; and Ms Grace Ann, chief executive of social enterprise Friendzone.

Ms Yuen said: “We have seen all education types (of scam victims). From illiterate folks to PhD holders. From students, hawkers, and cleaners to office workers. Even university professors and company chief executives. No one is spared.

“Scammers prey on hopes, dreams and fears. You want a better financial future, you want to find love and happiness, so we have love scams. Nobody wants to be in trouble with the law, so we have government impersonation scams.” 

During the panel, the speakers also discussed the importance of remaining vigilant, with Ms Sun reminding the public not to fall for job scams, the most common variant in 2021.

She said: “Anytime you come across such an offer, always check, not only the signs of a scam, but also your own emotions.” 

She said whenever people receive a phone call or message asking for their personal information or to send money, they can always check with the organisation involved, whether it is a bank, government agency or delivery company. 

Ms Sun said: “You can also tell your family and friends about the latest scams so as to protect them. In the fight against scams, everyone can play a part.”

btscam20230118_2.jpg?VersionId=B6_0a86_P

Edited by Windwaver
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Think the whole world now knows somebody don't wash their bird bird correctly :D

There are so many different type of pisang...some are just not appealing to some...even monkeys like to check what's underneath the skin before a bite... 😁

• Haha! 2

I was eating at casuarina prata at 1pm today. I saw a monkey opposite the prata shop. The monkey dashed across the one lane road, jumped onto a diner’s table and snatched a prata away. The diner jumped up and screamed at the top of her voice. 

the shop worker then ask me to move inside as I ordered prata also. 

lol

9D6A607F-AE67-4585-A921-6EAF4E87F1CF.jpeg

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7

2 hours ago, Windwaver said:

screenshot-www-facebook-com-2023-01-19-1

Why nobody or his parents never tell Eugene to pull down the foreskin and clean the cock cheese inside. 🙄🤣

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

I was expecting the hospital to reply they don't have any doctor by that name.... 

image.png.fdc05cd4bbec6ceb096a28d2f4ec8d98.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

I was expecting the hospital to reply they don't have any doctor by that name.... 

It was  true cock up....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Ingenius said:

I was eating at casuarina prata at 1pm today. I saw a monkey opposite the prata shop. The monkey dashed across the one lane road, jumped onto a diner’s table and snatched a prata away. The diner jumped up and screamed at the top of her voice. 

the shop worker then ask me to move inside as I ordered prata also. 

lol

9D6A607F-AE67-4585-A921-6EAF4E87F1CF.jpeg

Must be banana prata 😂

images.jpeg

• Haha! 1