[Official] 2023 4th Generation Toyota Vios (AC100)

Carbon82

Will it see the daylight on our sunny island soon? I seriously doubt so given the unreasonably high cat A COE premium.

toyota_yaris_ativ_32_03a30219089a05bc.jp

toyota_yaris_ativ_80_01cd000009b20600.jp

toyota_yaris_ativ_35_01ae00000a7d07c6.jp

toyota_yaris_ativ_4_00f601f707ee05ef.jpg

toyota_yaris_ativ_41.jpg

toyota_yaris_ativ_819.jpg

The new Vios was launched on 9 August 2022 in Thailand as the Yaris Ativ. It is developed by Daihatsu through a joint Toyota-Daihatsu internal company known as Emerging Market Compact Car Company (EMCC) under the lead of executive chief engineer Hideyuki Kamino.

It is based on the DNGA-B platform shared with the Raize and the W100 series Avanza. The model is introduced with a 70 mm longer wheelbase at 2,620 mm (103.1 in). Compared to its predecessor, the car features a fastback-like sloping rear roof section which stretched the window line further back.

Following the foot steps of Mitsubishi Attrage, it will be equipped with the 3NR-VE 1.2-litre engine with Dual VVT-iE technology producing 93 horsepower / 110 Nm torque, and paired with a Toyota-made CVT gearbox marketed as Super CVT-i. No words if it will be followed by the regular 1.5L engine.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 14

1 minute ago, Watwheels said:

If AD dont bring in surely PI will bring this in.

PI bring in Thaiyota?

Edited by inlinesix

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The design not nice le. Looks like Toyota designer really have bad fashion sense?!

It is just a car. No need to do catwalk bah?

• Haha! 3

Looks good for interior. I still remember the 1st generation of Vios was without center armrest / storage to save space. And the big center speed display tat tells everyone in car the speed you are travelling at.

• Haha! 3

Front: Toyota Altis

Side: Honda City

Rear: Kia Cerato

Dash: Mazda 3

To be rebadge as Perodua Bezza in Malaysia. lol

Edited by theory_87
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

Quite a few makes are adopting this body shape.

image.png.5e1f300a7e96fbf96f8a22bbd36e1870.png

I think it's called fastback style or design. Makes the car looks like it is going fast even though it is not.😄

4 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I think it's called fastback style or design. Makes the car looks like it is going fast even though it is not.😄

I dont like car with such design. The headroom inside the car looks lower.

• Praise 1

Gotta see the car in flesh... and more importantly, in the trim that will be brought in. The interior looks decent though.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3