[Official] 2023 4th Generation Toyota Vios (AC100)

Carbon82

On 8/18/2022 at 8:28 AM, Mooose said:

The Vios Ativ does not seem to replace the Vios (the present model sold here) as both models are sold side by side in Thailand now ..

Vios has been removed from Toyota Thailand

Edited by inlinesix
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Fellows said:

Let's wait and see what our spec will be from AD. They sure try to take this and that out from the official spec. The worst will be removal of Toyota Safety Sense, Electronic parking break + Auto Hold.

Cannot believe they remove Electronic parking break + Auto Hold for sg version since such feature is consider a standard item in new cars. Like i said, BM is selling old school Toyota cars in sg.

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Cannot believe they remove Electronic parking break + Auto Hold for sg version since such feature is consider a standard item in new cars. Like i said, BM is selling old school Toyota cars in sg.

W/o these features, it cannot sell in market like Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.

We are just suckers

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Singapore market always get short end of the stick in terms of car specs and features. In other countries features which are standard are removed for SG market, pay more for less 🙄

• Sad 1

On 8/18/2022 at 2:18 AM, Heartbreakid said:

The new Almera is such a nice package and yet Tan Chong didn't bring in. The previous model was ugly and they brought in but ended up low sales. 

I thought if Almera comes with epower equipped like the Note, it would have been such a great package. Don't know what the Japanese are thinking these days. 😆

Almera in MY and PH (maybe TH also) comes with Turbo engine without epower from what i remember...

13 hours ago, 13177 said:

BM take in without hybrid engine to stay in Cat A (until COE no longer so ex) and no Elec parking brake + auto hold, maybe will happen and many can accept...

But take away the toyota safety sense really super annoying lor wah lau!

2 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Almera in MY and PH (maybe TH also) comes with Turbo engine without epower from what i remember...

Yes. It is a 1.0 Turbo engine. It is not available with E-power hybrid, which I thought would be an even better package in terms of performance and economy. There is no mention of the Almera will be made equipped with the E-power hybrid. 

Twincharged
20 hours ago, 13177 said:

Save upfront cost and then future repairs. We should be thankful 🤣

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

BM take in without hybrid engine to stay in Cat A (until COE no longer so ex) and no Elec parking brake + auto hold, maybe will happen and many can accept...

But take away the toyota safety sense really super annoying lor wah lau!

Paiseh, what do toyota safety sense have?

Edited by 13177

On 8/21/2022 at 10:32 AM, 13177 said:

They want to lower the omv so as to make more profits 

17 hours ago, inlinesix said:

What engine you expect le?

Since BM has both NA and hybrid altis, maybe they will bring in both for Vios also?

But 1.2L NA engine can be Toyota attrage liao. Good luck when going up Benjamin shears 😂

36 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Do all these stuff available in our toyota cars sell in sg?

Yea, like the camry, harrier and even altis elegance variant 

1 hour ago, yellowshaun said:

Since BM has both NA and hybrid altis, maybe they will bring in both for Vios also?

But 1.2L NA engine can be Toyota attrage liao. Good luck when going up Benjamin shears 😂

1.2L NA is what Toyota Thailand sells now.

13 hours ago, inlinesix said:

1.2L NA is what Toyota Thailand sells now.

Ya the new vios currently has two options for engine 1.2L NA and 1.5L hybrid.

My guess is that Honda or kah motor deemed our market is too small to do a custom-made 1.5L NA engine for the civic, so it came turbocharged even at the base model.

BUT maybe BM can sell alot of 1.5L NA to the driving schools so got chance for a special 1.5L NA just for SG market?

↡ Advertisement