[Official] 2023 4th Generation Toyota Vios (AC100)

Carbon82

3 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Ya the new vios currently has two options for engine 1.2L NA and 1.5L hybrid.

My guess is that Honda or kah motor deemed our market is too small to do a custom-made 1.5L NA engine for the civic, so it came turbocharged even at the base model.

BUT maybe BM can sell alot of 1.5L NA to the driving schools so got chance for a special 1.5L NA just for SG market?

the driving schools now using a lot of hybrid and recently announced they getting electric also, so i doubt that's that big a market for BM anymore 

↡ Advertisement

9 minutes ago, josh98 said:

the driving schools now using a lot of hybrid and recently announced they getting electric also, so i doubt that's that big a market for BM anymore 

Driving school already using hybrid and electric car? Now what car model are these driving school using?

11 minutes ago, josh98 said:

Yeah saw some EVs at Ubi... But they will still need manual cars... =D Wonder got manual hybrid ah!

24 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Driving school already using hybrid and electric car? Now what car model are these driving school using?

I see some nissan note e-power being used, i think is a slow phasing out then not sure what EVs they intend to get, but i would guess either leaf or kona given driving schools all use small sized cars

1 hour ago, josh98 said:

I see some nissan note e-power being used, i think is a slow phasing out then not sure what EVs they intend to get, but i would guess either leaf or kona given driving schools all use small sized cars

Driving school using nissan note? Think i saw nissan kicks being use by those private driving instructor. Dont understand why driving schools now use small sized cars? Using hatchback car as learning car think too easy liao. Esp during parking, hatchback is more easier to park. So when the person got his/her driving licence, might have problem driving a sedan car. Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Ya the new vios currently has two options for engine 1.2L NA and 1.5L hybrid.

My guess is that Honda or kah motor deemed our market is too small to do a custom-made 1.5L NA engine for the civic, so it came turbocharged even at the base model.

BUT maybe BM can sell alot of 1.5L NA to the driving schools so got chance for a special 1.5L NA just for SG market?

New Vios has no news about 1.5L hor.

Hearsay KM has to pay factory extra money for that previous 1.6L

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Driving school using nissan note? Think i saw nissan kicks being use by those private driving instructor. Dont understand why driving schools now use small sized cars? Using hatchback car as learning car think too easy liao. Esp during parking, hatchback is more easier to park. So when the person got his/her driving licence, might have problem driving a sedan car. Lol.

Haha but it has been the norm to use small hatchbacks, like fit. Im not sure if its private only using the new note or the schools also but have been seeing a few around. I guess easier for the learners to pick up driving as newbies than to just throw them into learning sedans haha

Just now, josh98 said:

Haha but it has been the norm to use small hatchbacks, like fit. Im not sure if its private only using the new note or the schools also but have been seeing a few around. I guess easier for the learners to pick up driving as newbies than to just throw them into learning sedans haha

Dont know when the norm to use small hatchbacks started? My era when learning driving all using sedan, never see hatchback.

4 minutes ago, josh98 said:

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dont know when the norm to use small hatchbacks started? My era when learning driving all using sedan, never see hatchback.

That's why a lot of drivers skill CMI.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

That's why a lot of drivers skill CMI.

Ya lo, esp during parking and turning. And yet many drivers like to drive big cars.

15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Ya lo, esp during parking and turning. And yet many drivers like to drive big cars.

This is especially so among Senior Citizen

22 hours ago, inlinesix said:

1.2L NA is what Toyota Thailand sells now.

I guess 1.2na serves those profile of buyers who need a bread and butter engine with no frills.

A hybrid engine has high replacement costs, so will put off those buyers with cost as a main factor.. especially when petrol is cheap in countries like malaysia.

Don't remember vios even been here with turbo so this isn't a surprise.

Definitely down to costs, especially with omission of many extras.

@yellowshaun but the 2022 1.5 civic turbo offered here is 129HP for COE CAT A compare to the real turbo of 180HP offered in Malaysia, Thailand, Japan and more. Our civic more expensive but is a different engine and lesser spec. 

Edited by Fellows
  • Sad 1

Twincharged
On 8/23/2022 at 10:34 AM, 13177 said:

That’s why on more than a few occasions I get women p plater parking. Next to me when the whole bloody carpark was empty! Used my car as a marker

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Fellows said:

@yellowshaun but the 2022 1.5 civic turbo offered here is 129HP for COE CAT A compare to the real turbo of 180HP offered in Malaysia, Thailand, Japan and more. Our civic more expensive but is a different engine and lesser spec. 

Same engine buddy, can be tune back to 180bhp... Its not some downsized 1.2L engine :)