Cheap and Good Eats

Mercs

On 8/9/2022 at 1:16 AM, Mercs said:

Sure thing, if come across any good and yummy, will share here 😉

BTW, with inflation, cost of living up, food prices also been going up and i expect prices to rise further when GST increase do come into effect next year and 2024. Someone should probably start a 'cheap and good eats' thread, support local hawkers that still keep food prices affordable, something like this -

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/food/where-to-eat-cheap-and-delicious-meals-for-3-and-below

Where to eat cheap and delicious meals for $3 and below

(30 JUL 2022)

Happy SG day and makan! 🙂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/hawkerfood/vi-cai-png-hong-lim-669781

Chinatown Hawker Still Sells 2 Meat 1 Veg Cai Fan At $2.80, Keeps Prices Low For Elderly

“As long as they can eat and I can eat, it's okay,” quips veteran hawker Fu Ruiqiang, who serves up tasty, homely cai png at under $3 a plate despite intense global inflation.

vi_economical_rice_hong_lim_food_centre_1_1.jpeg

• Praise 12

11 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

So sad, $3 food portion has shrank so much.

If they sell you at $3, then portion sure must shrank lo. Difficult to sell cheap with big portion.

• Praise 5

13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If they sell you at $3, then portion sure must shrank lo. Difficult to sell cheap with big portion.

The title (ST) says "cheap and delicious" but didnt mention portion. Must read with a pinch of salt.😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

(edited)
10 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Sell expensive kena explain, sell cheap cheap also kean explain, sigh!😅😅

Haha, great to see these good hawkers around, flipside there's also some who use the opportunity to not just increase price but also shrink portion size, really due to higher cost of inflation or to max profits? You decide.

I always vote with my pocket, at most kanna once I avoid, understand costs are much higher now for hawkers, reasonable up price can accept, anyhow up is cannot! 

Or maybe should also incorporate some of these in this thread give a heads up to avoid? 😄

Happy makan all 🙂

Edited by Mercs
  • Praise 7

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Unbelievable siah, this stall everything at $2, even cheaper than Daiso le!? esp the items they sell quite filing de, like fish soup and porridge.

I saw the video, they said the fish soup is bland, I think you will like it!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

Unbelievable siah, this stall everything at $2, even cheaper than Daiso le!? esp the items they sell quite filing de, like fish soup and porridge.

Hearsay closing for 3 mths reno liao 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, SiLangKia said:

I saw the video, they said the fish soup is bland, I think you will like it!

Soup bland or not can see one meh? Must taste then can confirm bland or not lo. 😅

• Praise 1