Cheap and Good Eats

Mercs

15 minutes ago, Mercs said:

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/mixed-rice-stall-should-display-prices-of-all-food-items-so-customers-dont-get

Mixed rice stall should display prices of all food items so customers don't get surprised, says Stomper

4_1.jpg

normally the dish that surprise ppl is fish, sotong ,prawns. its been 2 years since i last order a fish dish at cai png stalls😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Beregond said:

normally the dish that surprise ppl is fish, sotong ,prawns. its been 2 years since i last order a fish dish at cai png stalls😅

The other day had cai png from a random neighbourhood kopitiam stall- rice with pork minced meat, long beans, slice of fried egg, braised peanuts = total damage $6.60 😒

No fish, sotong or prawns ... but I too was surprised 🤣

Edited by Mercs
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Mercs said:

The other day had cai png from a random neighbourhood kopitiam stall- rice with pork minced meat, long beans, slice of fried egg, braised peanuts = total damage $6.60 😒

No fish, sotong or prawns ... but I too was surprised 🤣

Nowadays cai png dont have at least $5 no talk, no matter what type of dishes you ordered, even the stall is at some coffeeshop/hawker centre. Even now for char siew rice or chicken rice at hawker centre/coffeeshop, also no $4 or $4.50 no talk.

Stall helpers at those cai png stall should inform customers when they order expensive dishes, like fish and specially cooked meat. The other day when i was buying cai png, saw one guy infront of me while selecting dishes, wanted to get pork chop but when the stall helper informed him that it costs $3.50 per piece, the guy immediately says dont want and choose sweet and sour pork instead, which is cheaper than pork chop. Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 2

22 hours ago, 13177 said:

Nowadays cai png dont have at least $5 no talk, no matter what type of dishes you ordered, even the stall is at some coffeeshop/hawker centre. Even now for char siew rice or chicken rice at hawker centre/coffeeshop, also no $4 or $4.50 no talk.

Stall helpers at those cai png stall should inform customers when they order expensive dishes, like fish and specially cooked meat. The other day when i was buying cai png, saw one guy infront of me while selecting dishes, wanted to get pork chop but when the stall helper informed him that it costs $3.50 per piece, the guy immediately says dont want and choose sweet and sour pork instead, which is cheaper than pork chop. Lol.

1 meat 3 veg, typical 'cheap' dishes non seafood, was expecting 4+ at the most 5+ which is already pricey, 6+ was a shocker to me.

With inflation some price increase is understandable, anyhow up is not. Some hawkers just use the excuse of inflation & gst to anyhow up prices.

Me the type dun like to complain, just pay up eat and go, one time carrot no more return from me, cai png stalls a dime a dozen 🤣

• Praise 6

22 hours ago, 13177 said:

A lot of stalls got put price days nowadays for those more premium products, if not everyday see the shock faces of those queuing in front of me. Nowadays if eating cai png I mainly will just get Vegetables, healthy living. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Tabao loo curry rice at Tiong Bahru yesterday , 2 prawns , pork chop , veg & steam egg , 9.80 but luckily it’s very nice lo …

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

59 minutes ago, Mercs said:

1 meat 3 veg, typical 'cheap' dishes non seafood, was expecting 4+ at the most 5+ which is already pricey, 6+ was a shocker to me.

With inflation some price increase is understandable, anyhow up is not. Some hawkers just use the excuse of inflation & gst to anyhow up prices.

Me the type dun like to complain, just pay up eat and go, one time carrot no more return from me, cai png stalls a dime a dozen 🤣

Food stalls anyhow up prices, they know customers would not complain and also maybe dont know where to complain, or even complain also no use. So they just anyhow up prices. Even no more return to buy from them, likely they also would not close down. Same as food stall with bad service attitude, many of them business still as good even losing some customers.

• Praise 1

45 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

A lot of stalls got put price days nowadays for those more premium products, if not everyday see the shock faces of those queuing in front of me. Nowadays if eating cai png I mainly will just get Vegetables, healthy living. 

Careful on the veggies you choose hor. Doesnt mean veggies mean cheaper. Lol.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Food stalls anyhow up prices, they know customers would not complain and also maybe dont know where to complain, or even complain also no use. So they just anyhow up prices. Even no more return to buy from them, likely they also would not close down. Same as food stall with bad service attitude, many of them business still as good even losing some customers.

We as consumers always have a choice, if price expensive just dun patronise go somewhere else. Some food stall bad service attitude or high price still good business as their food is good. While I may feel paying 6+ for normal cai png is pricey, others may find the price reasonable, me too wouldn't mind too much to pay slightly more if food taste is good to justify the higher price.

• Praise 5

16 hours ago, 13177 said:

Careful on the veggies you choose hor. Doesnt mean veggies mean cheaper. Lol.

Pure vege, not with those with meat. must choose carefully also, if not paying meat price for nothing. 

• Praise 2

43 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

Pure vege, not with those with meat. must choose carefully also, if not paying meat price for nothing. 

Pure vege also must see what type of pure vege hor. If choose mixed mushroom, price should be higher than cabbage.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Pure vege also must see what type of pure vege hor. If choose mixed mushroom, price should be higher than cabbage.

never take with mushroom, better off taking meat 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

https://singpromos.com/dining-restaurants-food/starbucks-offering-50-off-any-christmas-beverage-of-any-size-on-1-december-2022-5pm-7pm-at-spore-stores-262729/

Starbucks offering 50% off any Christmas beverage of any size on 1 December 2022, 5pm – 7pm at S’pore stores

100% of the money collected from the sale of these drinks will go directly to The Salvation Army through Community Chest,

Starbucks-1-29-Nov-2022.jpg

Starbucks-feat-29-Nov-2022.jpg

Edited by Mercs
  • Praise 5