Sealant or coating for vinyl wrap?

alphapunk2

Hello everyone,

I just got my car wrapped white and i want to prevent (or slow down) the rate of it turning yellow as i park the car outdoors most of the time. May i know any special type of sealants or detailing services that can at least delay the onset of yellowing?

Thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, alphapunk2 said:

Hello everyone,

I just got my car wrapped white and i want to prevent (or slow down) the rate of it turning yellow as i park the car outdoors most of the time. May i know any special type of sealants or detailing services that can at least delay the onset of yellowing?

Thanks in advance

I asked my friend, Google. And this is one of the answers :

1661797098_Screenshot_20220816-231924_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5e02aa90185c8286156c92a58478c1a5.jpg

More information here :

https://www.acmegraphic.com/paint-protection-film-over-vinyl/

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, alphapunk2 said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance

I did some research about vinyl wraps as I'm thinking about installing it recently. My suggestion is that you change your wrap every 2 or 3 years especially if you park it under the sun as the heat and uv may cause the vinyl to bond to your paint and damage it.

Noob question ….. if wrap and Kenna accident …. Then how ?? The affected panel after repair or knock with bando ….. the film colour will be different due to aging n strong UV weathering ? Or have to re-wrap the whole car over again ?? But Ins. won’t pay for that right ?

@BanCoe insurance most likely won't pay for the wrap. Though it'll be good to ask them in an email now if it's covered, for documentation purposes.

Yes rewrapping of the whole car will need to be done.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, alphapunk2 said:

@Rickster yes this is the current plan. But still, will a layer of sealant on top of the wrap help slow down yellowing?

I didnt do research into this yet. But I guess the standard answer is yes, else these products will not be in existence. Only question is how effective it can prevent yellowing.

10 hours ago, alphapunk2 said:

@BanCoe insurance most likely won't pay for the wrap. Though it'll be good to ask them in an email now if it's covered, for documentation purposes.

Yes rewrapping of the whole car will need to be done.

So how much will it cost your current ride  - paint vs wrapping the whole car (paint as in change to a new colour ?right)