Meaning of happiness!

RadX

1 minute ago, Jman888 said:

so lucky, my wife will only tell me "want to eat buy lor" [:(]

Oh! You triggered my thought!
Now I know! Happiness is when wife allows me to eat cake outside even though there is home-baked cake.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 9

2 hours ago, RadX said:

I’ll be happy when I stop breathing 🪦!

end all and be all🧟‍♀️

So fast marriage life gotten to you liao ah? [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

Supercharged
2 hours ago, RadX said:

Beautifully written! 

not abt CoE, condo, rolex…. Well to some la

Good insights to meaning and purpose!

https://lawgazette.com.sg/practice/practice-support/mistakes-i-made-in-searching-for-happiness/

thanks @Viceroymenthol for sharing

D1377EAE-AD70-4645-BCC8-3DFFD9C00BBB.jpeg

Since I was a teenager, I have been asking what is the purpose of our life? I mean what is the purpose of our existence on Earth?

Took me a long time to figure out.... and I came to this conclusion ---> We are here to serve others. 

Here, to serve others means be kind, be considerate, be fair and with that, generally bring happiness and value to others.  Or at the very least, do not bring trouble to others.

When we are nice to others, it brings us a life of peace and fulfilment.  A mind that is peaceful, and a heart that is calm will brings us opportunities and success in many things that we do. 

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

Yeah when it's off or broken.

:D

1 hour ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

There are two sides to a coin. Handphones, advances in tech, etc can sometimes bring some peace..... 😁:

• Haha! 1

I rub people to serve them.

What do you do?

3 minutes ago, Starry said:

Since I was a teenager, I have been asking what is the purpose of our life? I mean what is the purpose of our existence on Earth?

Took me a long time to figure out.... and I came to this conclusion ---> We are here to serve others. 

Here, to serve others means be kind, be considerate, be fair and with that, generally bring happiness to others.  Or at the very least, do not bring trouble to others.

When we are nice to others, it brings us a life of peace and fulfilment.  A mind that is peaceful, and a heart that is calm will brings us opportunities and success in many things that we do. At least that from my own experience.....

As one aged, the way he/she looks at things will change, and so does his/her definition of happiness and meaningfulness. 

These are my motto relating to happiness:

• 知足常乐 (Be contented) 
  • 比上不足,比下有余 (There will always be someone better and worst than you)

In the recent years, I started to give a more serious thought about meaningfulness. To the current me, these signified "meaningfulness":

• My family carry on with my belief and value of life, even after I am gone
  • My friends, colleagues, learners, etc. have benefitted from my sharing
  • I have contributed to the society in one way or another (talking nonsense on MCF not counted hor)

Well I have started to slow down and just told my boss I have no intention to take over his position when he left (get someone else please). Something that I never imagine I will say just a couple of years ago...

• Praise 17

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, RadX said:

Beautifully written! 

not abt CoE, condo, rolex…. Well to some la

Good insights to meaning and purpose!

https://lawgazette.com.sg/practice/practice-support/mistakes-i-made-in-searching-for-happiness/

thanks @Viceroymenthol for sharing

D1377EAE-AD70-4645-BCC8-3DFFD9C00BBB.jpeg

He made me laugh a lot when i was a teen. His Teenage Textbook books were awesome. 

• Praise 7

Yes sex with a male or female depends on what you like.

Some like one of each I like with two females but I don't judge.

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

By sex you mean this: male/female?:XD:

• Haha! 2

29 minutes ago, Starry said:

Here, to serve others means be kind, be considerate, be fair and with that, generally bring happiness and value to others.  Or at the very least, do not bring trouble to others.

When we are nice to others, it brings us a life of peace and fulfilment.  A mind that is peaceful, and a heart that is calm will brings us opportunities and success in many things that we do. 

Write very easy, practical is almost impossible 

26 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

As one aged, the way he/she looks at things will change, and so does his/her definition of happiness and meaningfulness. 

• 知足常乐 (Be contented) 

In the recent years, I started to give a more serious thought about meaningfulness. To the current me, these signified "meaningfulness":

• I have contributed to the society in one way or another (talking nonsense on MCF not counted hor)

Well I have started to slow down and just told my boss I have no intention to take over his position when he left (get someone else please). Something that I never imagine I will say just a couple of years ago...

How old are you?

I am not happy with what I have.

I have too much.

I want to share.

Can someone take my MIL on weekdays and someone else on weekends?

Share your blessings as they say.

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
Just now, RogerNg_185295 said:

Write very easy, practical is almost impossible 

Bro..whatever I write is my own experience....me no professor...I don't know how to write theories......😄

4 minutes ago, Starry said:

Bro..whatever I write is my own experience....me no professor...I don't know how to write theories......😄

As long as you practice what you write,  you will be a nice guy 

I serve ladies by rubbing them so they no need to serve themselves.

Who wants to self service when someone can give you a hand?

Serving people makes them happy.

• Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

• 知足常乐 (Be contented) 

If tell boss that you have no intention to take over his position or your life is not all about working and work life balance is important, i think most bosses would roll their eyes and disappointed that their staff think this way, esp if your boss is those type who is workaholic. 😅

• Haha! 3

Supercharged
40 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If tell boss that you have no intention to take over his position or your life is not all about working and work life balance is important, i think most bosses would roll their eyes and disappointed that their staff think this way, esp if your boss is those type who is workaholic. 😅

I feel the most important is to be authentic and be ourselves.  If we come to an age that we don't want any further responsibilities, then nothing wrong to let the boss know.  That's better than taking up further responsibilities and then could not deliver them well because we don't have the same motivation or energy anymore. 

But we have to be prepared that they may not like to hear that, but usually after awhile, they will appreciate that we are honest.  There will always be another guy who is willing to take up the higher roles. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3