Meaning of happiness!

RadX

5 minutes ago, Starry said:

I feel the most important is to be authentic and be ourselves.  If we come to an age that we don't want any further responsibilities, then nothing wrong to let the boss know.  That's better than taking up further responsibilities and then could not deliver them well because we don't have the same motivation or energy anymore. 

But we have to be prepared that they may not like to hear that, but usually after awhile, they will appreciate that we are honest.  There will always be another guy who is willing to take up the higher roles. 

If tell boss i dont want to take up further responsibilities, high chance i would be hentak kaki in my current position until i resign or retirement, whichever come first. Also salary would not increase much liao and stagnant there. Since boss find that i have no more ambition and wanted any more career advancement, so just leave me in the cold storage. Lol.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

If tell boss that you have no intention to take over his position or your life is not all about working and work life balance is important, i think most bosses would roll their eyes and disappointed that their staff think this way, esp if your boss is those type who is workaholic. 😅

Lucky my boss is ok with me saying such thing.  He just said - I wish I could also do that.... hahahahah

End of the year, I intend to apply for a 4 day week with a 20% pay cut.  Did I once for 2 years before the pandemic and want to go back to that again.  

• Praise 10

Saw in LA when I was driving to Santa Monica beach. U-turned to take a photo.

9A709027-2FAF-429C-AB3D-E4AF6F161A29.jpeg

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 7

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

How old are you?

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

As long as you practice what you write,  you will be a nice guy 

If u practice what u write, u r definitely not a a easy guy to get along with… 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 11

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

As one aged, the way he/she looks at things will change, and so does his/her definition of happiness and meaningfulness. 

These are my motto relating to happiness:

• 知足常乐 (Be contented) 
  • 比上不足,比下有余 (There will always be someone better and worst than you)

In the recent years, I started to give a more serious thought about meaningfulness. To the current me, these signified "meaningfulness":

• My family carry on with my belief and value of life, even after I am gone
  • My friends, colleagues, learners, etc. have benefitted from my sharing
  • I have contributed to the society in one way or another (talking nonsense on MCF not counted hor)

Well I have started to slow down and just told my boss I have no intention to take over his position when he left (get someone else please). Something that I never imagine I will say just a couple of years ago...

Boss..... but the most important is your passion to bake cakes ........ share share lah ........ friend friend @Hoseyboh say 1 ...... real friend hor :grin: 

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

So fast marriage life gotten to you liao ah? [:p][laugh][laugh]

He still waiting for 69 (not I say 1) he ownself say :a-fun: 

• Haha! 4

Ah give to @RadX ……. Since he belly Senti 2day …….. here goes 

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did

THE AUTHOR IS NOT KNOWN.   IT WAS FOUND IN THE BILLFOLD OF COACH PAUL BEAR BRYANT, ALABAMA, AFTER HE DIED IN 1982

The Magic Bank Account

Imagine that you had won the Following *PRIZE* in a contest: 
Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 In your private account for your use.
However, this prize has Rules:
The set of Rules:

1. Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you.

2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account.

3. You may only spend It.

4. Each morning upon awakening, The bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that Day.

5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time, it can say, Game Over!" It can close the account And you will not receive a new one.

What would you personally Do?

You would buy anything and Everything you wanted right?  Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for.  Even for people you don't know, 
because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself, right?

You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning, right?

ACTUALLY, This GAME is REAL...   Shocked ???    YES!

Each of us is already a winner Of this *PRIZE*. We just can't seem to see it.

The PRIZE is *TIME*

1. Each morning we awaken to Receive 86,400 seconds As a gift of Life.

2. And when we go to sleep at Night, any remaining time is Not credited to us.

3. What we haven't used up that Day is forever lost.

4. Yesterday is forever Gone.

5. Each morning the account is Refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time WITHOUT WARNING...

SO, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds?

Those seconds are worth so much More than the same amount in dollars.  
Think about it and remember to Enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than You think.

So take care of yourself, be Happy, love deeply and enjoy life!

Here's wishing you a wonderful And beautiful day.
Start spending....

"DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT GROWING OLD !"

SOME PEOPLE DON'T GET THE PRIVILEGE!

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 10

Turbocharged

A poem by Li Hong Zhang describes it best

享清福不在为官,只要囊有钱,仓有米,腹有诗书,便是山中宰相;

祈寿年无须服药,但愿身无病,心无忧,门无债主,可为地上神仙。

Who want to translate? 😁😁😁

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

20 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Boss..... but the most important is your passion to bake cakes ........ share share lah ........ friend friend @Hoseyboh say 1 ...... real friend hor :grin: 

Boss, dis one bake roti lah....

Walau eh, you should ask him to organise more makan MU lah....😆

Edited by Hoseyboh
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Hoseyboh said:

Boss, dis one bake roti lah....

Walau eh, you should ask him to organise more makan MU lah....😆

He bake loti for us ...... for his wife he bake hot cakes lah :grin:  

• Haha! 2

May be the below article is a case of happiness; willing to forgive when someone who did you injustice owned up his/her misdeeds and pleaded to you for leniency or forgiveness, and willing to seek closure to the matter.

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/boy-admitted-and-apologised-alleged-thief-returns-empty-purse-which-contained-1690-after?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR02dMVM9lasnVyQ08yQOAIllmccgcE4smTUfEuyKpvsXJSDM3hT4BT2PJo#Echobox=1660707437

'The boy admitted and apologised': Alleged thief returns empty purse which contained $1,690 after stealing from single mum of 5 in Punggol

AUGUST 17, 2022PUBLISHED AT 10:34 AM By CHERLYNN NG

image.png.4673c5ccce3cd00515673d543a34c17c.png

$1,690 stolen from single mum of five in Punggol: Alleged thief owns up, returns empty purse. Stomp

A woman whose purse was allegedly stolen at a playground in Punggol Central said that the thief has owned up to his misdeed.

Stomp contributor Nora (not her real name) earlier shared how her purse had been stolen by a teenager at a playground near Horizon Primary School on Aug 5, between 4pm and 5pm.

The purse contained $1,690, which was part of a sum that the 27-year-old single mother of five kids received as financial assistance

Nora alleged that a teenager had, on the pretext of asking her for directions, stolen her purse while she was distracted. She subsequently lodged a police report.

The police confirmed with Stomp on Aug 10 that a report was lodged and investigations are ongoing.

Nora, who is unemployed, emphasised in her Stomp appeal on Aug 12 that she was not looking for sympathy and just wanted the culprit to be found.

Hours after the Stomp report, Nora said she received the following message from a woman who identified herself as the culprit's mother and a neighbour staying at the same block.

The woman claimed she had found Nora's purse under her son's pillow and that all the cash had been spent.

The woman begged Nora not to make a police report as her son was still schooling. She promised to pay Nora back $100 every month and said her family was not wealthy too.

"U [you] have [a] son and I'm sure u [you] will do anything for ur [your] son [to] not go [to] jail (sic)," the woman texted Nora.

image.png.90a3d029d768cfb24ed34486e02bee17.png

PHOTO: Stomp

Nora told Stomp: "I had been reading the negative comments on my appeal and it really hurt my feelings. Some said it was a scam and that I was trying my luck.

"It was so heartbreaking to see the comments and I felt badly affected. I can't believe that there are still so many of such people."

Many netizens were sceptical about similarities between Nora's case and that of another Stomp contributor who received over $15,000 in donations after she lost cash of $1,900 earlier this month.

Nora added: "My intention from the start was just to look for witnesses for my case for the culprit to be caught. I did not want any financial sympathy and was not asking for donations. I believe in God's will.

"I am already depressed with my current situation. Yet this is another phase that I have to go through, reading all those nasty comments. Even though I am anonymous, I still felt the heartbreak when some people said those bad things.

"The pain is too painful to bear. I have to face my children each and every day and force myself to be strong.

"For those wondering, yes, I'm the type that prefers using cash. I was scammed before and all my money in my bank was gone in a blink of an eye. It's traumatic for me to keep even a single cent in my bank.

"Nonetheless, I considered this case closed. I do have sympathy for the boy and I am doing this for this mother who is pleading for her son."

Nora said she met up with the culprit and his mother on Saturday morning (Aug 13). They returned her purse - with its contents gone.

Nora recounted: "I got my purse back but it was empty.

"The boy admitted to what he did and I decided to give him a chance. He apologised and told me he regretted it. They also promised to pay me back as soon as possible. I will contact the police and ask if I can drop the case.

"I feel relieved that there is some sort of closure. Although I couldn't get back the amount I lost, I still feel blessed that my five children are with me. We have been struggling so much after that incident and I feel grateful to have such understanding children.

"Money can be replaced or even come from anywhere, but not our children. I may not be rich like some of you. But I still have a heart.

"I did grieve and almost got into depression after I lost everything, especially after reading all the nasty comments. But God has opened my heart to forgive and let this be a lesson for me too.

"Thank you for reading and I'm sure the story posted on Stomp had somehow helped me too.

"I may be penniless now and don't have anything to sustain my coming days but I pity the boy's mother more as they are needier than me. Money is not important anymore now, as long as I have some sort of closure.

• Sad 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

As one aged, the way he/she looks at things will change, and so does his/her definition of happiness and meaningfulness. 

These are my motto relating to happiness:

• 知足常乐 (Be contented) 
  • 比上不足,比下有余 (There will always be someone better and worst than you)

In the recent years, I started to give a more serious thought about meaningfulness. To the current me, these signified "meaningfulness":

• My family carry on with my belief and value of life, even after I am gone
  • My friends, colleagues, learners, etc. have benefitted from my sharing
  • I have contributed to the society in one way or another (talking nonsense on MCF not counted hor)

Well I have started to slow down and just told my boss I have no intention to take over his position when he left (get someone else please). Something that I never imagine I will say just a couple of years ago...

Nice........well said....

There are more important things in life then chasing money and titles.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
8 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

May be the below article is a case of happiness; willing to forgive when someone who did you injustice owned up his/her misdeeds and pleaded to you for leniency or forgiveness, and willing to seek closure to the matter.

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/boy-admitted-and-apologised-alleged-thief-returns-empty-purse-which-contained-1690-after?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR02dMVM9lasnVyQ08yQOAIllmccgcE4smTUfEuyKpvsXJSDM3hT4BT2PJo#Echobox=1660707437

Although the victim lost $1690 in this case, I believe she will gain back more in other ways due to her kind and forgiving nature.  

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Starry said:

Although the victim lost $1690 in this case, I believe she will gain back more in other ways due to her kind and forgiving nature.  

She will be blessed.
Also such stories are disheartening; but I still wish the two families well. 

• Praise 2