Drop in filter vs Airspeed air intake

itsmeagainhk

Thank you guys. Seems like I should avoid option 2 and just get a good drop in filter. I will look at the filters available or there. Thank you. 

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

lol your car no need mods cos engine powerful enough mah, k20A 😁

But then most CL7R's like other type R's ( civics, integras)  are modded for even more power 😂( most of them at least),

hahahaha. My hand also itchy lah. will mod. 

But I like to mod it tastefully. Stock+ kinda mod. won't go too overboard. 

I trust Honda engineer. And I understand that in order to sell at the price, they have to sacrifice some cost with some quality. I am only helping to bring the full potential of the car. hahahaha.  

• Haha! 1

@itsmeagainhk Option 1 prefer - u can remove the air-intake funnel to have a louder sound if u want too. U cam install back the funnel if the sound is too loud later. Very slight improvement in acceleration  Option 2 - more for higher cc and tuning is a must after install (need to change exhaust system too). A never ending mod (Must well get a higher cc car). Depend very much on your budget. KnN filter is the filter choice for myself in Option 1. Ensure the filter is genuine too. Happy modding

Point A to B NA car....just stay stock.

Don't even bother with K&N drop in filter.

Been there done that with K&N, sometimes if your K&N is not washed and reoiled properly, over time oil and dirt will find their way to the MAF sensor and mess up your idling and throttle response. then you will have to clean your MAF with non contact non grease electrical contact cleaner.

Any performance gain is all in the mind and helped by the lighter wallet. :D

• Praise 2

I had jazz gd1. Current car 1.6t tuned to 150ish kW with drop in bmc filter. This is similar to k&n. Honestly dont think a change in filter do anything meaningful at this level. Maybe sports car can feel a diff. So advice dont waste time. Noise? No diff also. I dont like noise anyway.

Many in this forum have extensive years of  experience with cars and "zhnging" their ride...many also have paid the tuition fees to learn what works and what doesn't.

End of the day, many will just yolo and still go ahead with the mods despite well meaning advice, that will be their prerogative.

For myself, I have been there and done that moving from NA cosmetic+ performance mods  --> TC cosmetic + performance mods --> now TC cosmetic mods.

There comes a point when the chase for BHP/Nm becomes an exercise of diminishing return vs drivability in non-track daily road condition. If a person wants a better performance car, just save up longer to get one.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Shibadog said:

add 2 bhp? 😄

Evolve Automotive modded E39 M5 with Eventuri Intake and Supersprint downpipe.

It included remapping.  I think about 20hp.

The mod was completed last year (i rem).

1 hour ago, Shibadog said:

add 2 bhp? 😄

exhaust mods normally can add up to 5-10 bhp or more after tuning depending on what kind of engine lol ( turbo engines definitely easier to squeeze much more power) and whether people go dark side like decat or operate. Other than that, its mainly for looks and sound especially the big mufflers.

sorry for off topic a little, exhaust swap for BMW F10 523, sound is so much different after change 

Edited by Confusedboi
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Agreed,N/A Car,just forget about to mod,my Ex-Car,Nissan 370z,changed Intake to HKS R-Suction & Exhaust to HKS Hi-Power & tuning by Reflashed ECU using Uprev,result only up 18 Bhp,now my Turbocharged M240i,just a stage 1 ECU Reflash using Bootmod3,can easily up 50Bhp.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

12 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Agreed,N/A Car,just forget about to mod,my Ex-Car,Nissan 370z,changed Intake to HKS R-Suction & Exhaust to HKS Hi-Power & tuning by Reflashed ECU using Uprev,result only up 18 Bhp,now my Turbocharged M240i,just a stage 1 ECU Reflash using Bootmod3,can easily up 50Bhp.

Kline Inconel Exhaust and middle pipe

About 50hp

19 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Kline Inconel Exhaust and middle pipe

About 50hp

Ferrari big V12 only 50 Bhp.?Must well remain stock,Disgrace.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Evolve Automotive modded E39 M5 with Eventuri Intake and Supersprint downpipe.

It included remapping.  I think about 20hp.

The mod was completed last year (i rem).

i had to google the specs for E39 M5. 4.4 L S63 twin-turbo V8?

turbo performance mod is way more effective than trying to eek out performance gains from a small cc NA. 

if i changed the DP and MP on my car to a 3" catless unit, i would get another 20-30whp across the torque curve after tuning too. But illegal here. 

• Praise 1

Just now, Shibadog said:

i had to google the specs for E39 M5. 4.4 L S63 twin-turbo V8?

turbo performance mod is way more effective than trying to eek out performance gains from a small cc NA. 

if i changed the DP and MP on my car to a 3" catless unit, i would get another 20-30whp across the torque curve after tuning too. But illegal here. 

E39 M5 NA 4L V8

Stock about 400hp.

The mod was done on a 20 year old car.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

a msian friend of mine had a 350z (MT). swapped to LS engine, lup turbo, lup supercharger.... set up for drift... power is never enough 😄

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

E39 M5 NA 4L V8

Stock about 400hp.

The mod was done on a 20 year old car.

my google search fail 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1