HDB and URA carparks grace period reduced from 20 mins to 15 mins

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

Parking PSA: 

1️⃣ From 1 Sep 2022, we will adjust the grace period for short-term parking in all car parks with the Electronic Parking System to 15 minutes, to give motorists time for pick-ups and drop-offs. 

2️⃣ From 19 Sep 2022, we will discontinue the sale of parking coupons at all HDB branches, as 9 in 10 motorists now use the Parking.sg app at most coupon-based car parks to take advantage of per-minute charging. Motorists who prefer to use coupons can still purchase them at authorised agents, such as petrol stations and convenience stores.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Sad 3

41 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

if i remember correctly, it was increased to 20min during covid as many delivery guys complain not enough time to do their delivery. 

20 mins grace period is given during no dine-in is allowed that time. But long ago already reverted back to usual 10 mins liao. So now they increased additional 5 mins to 15 mins, not bad la. At least if i go dabao, no need to pay for parking charges. Still have enough time to go supermarket to buy some stuff. Or even i eat there, should also able to finish within 15 mins. Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Yah, since dine in started, 20min already burn long long time ago, who still living in history ah?

Some malls gave 30min during that period, and I can't even remember since when they already took it away. 

For the past few months, never once I manage to get out of the barrier without paying. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 7

13 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Yah, since dine in started, 20min already burn long long time ago, who still living in history ah?

Some malls gave 30min during that period, and I can't even remember since when they already took it away. 

For the past few months, never once I manage to get out of the barrier without paying. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Why you so slow ? 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

I thought the last time they allowed 20 minutes, they never reverted it back until now to 15 minutes...i remember at a point they reverted to 10, then one of the CBs they put back 20 again until now 

• Praise 2

25 minutes ago, 13177 said:

20 mins grace period is given during no dine-in is allowed that time. But long ago already reverted back to usual 10 mins liao. So now they increased additional 5 mins to 15 mins, not bad la. At least if i go dabao, no need to pay for parking charges. Still have enough time to go supermarket to buy some stuff. Or even i eat there, should also able to finish within 15 mins. Lol.

i can go chong pang for haircut and buy lunch and exit the cp without charges on a good day. 😄

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

1 minute ago, Stratovarius said:

i can go chong pang for haircut and buy lunch and exit the cp without charges on a good day. 😄

You mean 15 mins grace? Can finish haircut within 15 mins? 

• Haha! 3

54 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

I think already changed back from 20min to 10min sometime back.. now changing to 15min.

It was changed for a short period and restored to 20 mins till now. 

So they are going to take away 5 mins from Sept.

20 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Till now, it is still 20 mins. I know 'cos the car park I go to pick up my wife the grace period is still 20 mins.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, josh98 said:

I thought the last time they allowed 20 minutes, they never reverted it back until now to 15 minutes...i remember at a point they reverted to 10, then one of the CBs they put back 20 again until now 

Correct.

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You mean 15 mins grace? Can finish haircut within 15 mins? 

Some people asked for trim the sides only but don't cut the centre.

↡ Advertisement