Low Engine Oil Warning

Vratenza

2 hours ago, Jtis said:

Haha, my previous BMW once had the opposite problem. Oil level too high! Idrive told me to send in to service partner immediately. Not that agent overfilled the oil, rather, its fuel dilution due to part failure.

Crank case crack, radiator fluid seep into the engine oil? 

↡ Advertisement

On 8/22/2022 at 10:38 PM, Mkl22 said:

German engine burn oil by design. In my 1977 Mercedes w123 owners manual it said it’s ok to burn 1L every 2k km if I’m still remember correctly. 

Boh lah, i drove 3 models, w211, w204 and current w212, i have never had to top up engine oil between 15,000 km servicing. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Mazda 2.2 diesel had this problem. Diesel got mixed into the engine oil. Quite some engines died as a result. 

Surprisingly, it was a throttle body actuator failure that caused it. I wasn't expecting that. They had to airfreight a new throttle body replacement overnight to SG, as BMW themselves also doesn't keep stock for N57 throttle body in Singapore. KNN, just out of warranty some more...

Twincharged
14 minutes ago, Jtis said:

Surprisingly, it was a throttle body actuator failure that caused it. I wasn't expecting that. They had to airfreight a new throttle body replacement overnight to SG, as BMW themselves also doesn't keep stock for N57 throttle body in Singapore. KNN, just out of warranty some more...

Actuator position wrong and probably cause more fuel to be injected than needed. All the fuel got washed into the sump. Not sure if you still have the car but the cylinder walls will be washed with fuel and not enough lubrication. Can cause bore scoring. 

Twincharged
24 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Boh lah, i drove 3 models, w211, w204 and current w212, i have never had to top up engine oil between 15,000 km servicing. 

For sure They burn oil . But probably not enough to register engine oil low. Typically low to full is 1L. 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Mkl22 said:

For sure They burn oil . But probably not enough to register engine oil low. Typically low to full is 1L. 

Makes sense, and i am very gentle to my accelerator type. Last time I used to check engine oil level occasionally,  these days dont quite bother🤣

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Actuator position wrong and probably cause more fuel to be injected than needed. All the fuel got washed into the sump. Not sure if you still have the car but the cylinder walls will be washed with fuel and not enough lubrication. Can cause bore scoring. 

Car long gone, but no apparent loss of performance or issues popping up after throttle body replaced. Munich checked it back then and it was all gd. Maybe I got lucky.

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Yeah mini not exactly the mosr reliable. But not many car can beat in terms of fun and character. :D

Too bad my wife is a keen driver too... Will not settle for jazz, golf tsi... 

Definitely higher maintenance compared to the japanese small cars. 

You know what they say about hapoy wife, happy life :D

Glad to hear that. I am not really considered a keen driver. I like spacious, quiet and smooth driving. Pick up moderate is rather ok for me. Cos I drive slow, then move to high speed and keep going rather than those who will cheong type. Haha. Thus, I am good with my ride with another 2 layers of sound proofing. Just see the speedo go up can liao

• Praise 2

33 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Glad to hear that. I am not really considered a keen driver. I like spacious, quiet and smooth driving. Pick up moderate is rather ok for me. Cos I drive slow, then move to high speed and keep going rather than those who will cheong type. Haha. Thus, I am good with my ride with another 2 layers of sound proofing. Just see the speedo go up can liao

As long as cannot detect a bicycle or tree branch stuck under your car dragging for over 800m can liao. :D

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Vratenza said:

As long as cannot detect a bicycle or tree branch stuck under your car dragging for over 800m can liao. :D

Sure can detect lah. I so "niao" on the sound. Besides the deco I put on the dashboard sound. I cannot tolerate even the minor sound caused by the vibration of the seatbelt if not retract into the proper place after someone alight. 

Meanwhile, I drive safe hor, I never had any ticket in the last 20 years. Not even parking ticket. But back here in Tomyam Land, I got 8 tickets each 500 baht liao😂, for speeding, if not cannot get to places fast🤪

• Haha! 2

Supercharged
12 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Petrol escaping the combustion chamber pass the piston rings (yes all 3) and going into the crankcase.

Honda 1.5T engines kena that big time in cold climates in China and North america last 5 years.

14 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Wah, luckily not so serious. Else need to chg engine .... 

27 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

My standby stash... :D

20220831_073430-picsay.thumb.jpg.66ec67faac7f15a14b3208a2c4a38734.jpg

Whole lot of 6 bottles still cheaper than the Shell 0w40 1L.... 😛

Got open and sniff to see if they smell like chicken wing or curry puff or not? 😁

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, mersaylee said:

Got open and sniff to see if they smell like chicken wing or curry puff or not? 😁

Next time I need to use I try sniff and let you know 😆