2022 3rd Generation Toyota Sienta

Carbon82

Toyota did a colab with citroen before with the C1, Aygo in the past. Maybe the citroen design grew on them. Now it looks like a Berlingo van, dunno which make year.

One of the no good interior design of the sienta is the floor below the middle row seats, it is raised to store the last row seats. My wife said she was in an awkward sitting position when taking phv, like squatting. She's not that tall, only 1.68m but she said it was uncomfortable. My children also mentioned there are no armrests on the doors. I told them the doors are sliding type so the armrest will become an obstruction.

For me I dont like the sliding door groove design. I recall some car makers(like the citroen van, LoL) design the groove just beneath the rear window, from far it is like part of the window, not so obvious.

Yeah, they stick to the original concept, not much has changed except for the exterior. 

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, wongpumpkins said:

find that overall look still ok as more K car look..i wonder will BM bring in this new sienta or should bring toyota veloz

It is TMAP decision.

Veloz is Avanza replacement.  Since Avanza can't sell, unlikely it will come to Sg.

8 minutes ago, wongpumpkins said:

@inlinesix ya..very hard to see sg registered avanza on road..hope new sienta with more completed safety features..not 3 airbags 😉

PI likely available early next year.

AD depends on when is Indonesia starting production.

11 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

BM will bring in probably after 2 years when PI sold it to all the potential buyers. 

Provided Indonesia production starts then

On 8/24/2022 at 8:21 AM, Watwheels said:

Toyota did a colab with citroen before with the C1, Aygo in the past. Maybe the citroen design grew on them. Now it looks like a Berlingo van, dunno which make year.

One of the no good interior design of the sienta is the floor below the middle row seats, it is raised to store the last row seats. My wife said she was in an awkward sitting position when taking phv, like squatting. She's not that tall, only 1.68m but she said it was uncomfortable. My children also mentioned there are no armrests on the doors. I told them the doors are sliding type so the armrest will become an obstruction.

For me I dont like the sliding door groove design. I recall some car makers(like the citroen van, LoL) design the groove just beneath the rear window, from far it is like part of the window, not so obvious.

Yeah, they stick to the original concept, not much has changed except for the exterior. 

In fact, other than the agyo collaboration, which Toyota proceeded with a city suv version while the French has canned them, in recent times Toyota has taken the Berlingo and Despatch and branded it as the Proace City and Proace.

In fact the Berlingo is available in these flavours:

-Peugeot Partner

-Opel Partner

-Toyota Proace City 

- Fiat Doblo (just recently)

so business owners looking for a smallish van would find it hard to avoid the French part of Stellantis.

• Praise 4

3 minutes ago, wongpumpkins said:

@mikk123  price for the latest model unless that PI smoke me...Anyway, just check price only..COE too high..bo hua...:)

Make sure it is 3G.  Not 2G HOR