The Retirement Thread

34 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

you mean above 60k above the BRS?

My plan is the elect BSR, and pledge my house, hence CPF will hold roughly 100k in my retirement account. 

So that 60k above my BRS will earn roughly 6% int right...i recall reading something like this..

Yes.  After whatever is required for your BSR. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

35 minutes ago, RadX said:

Did a check and for the difference in that quantum between FRS and ERS, money put in other areas more worth, may not be annuities.

There are some gd plans out der to capitalize on this

also the basic, standard and escalating. I’ll stick

w the std 

Same, i will go  with std, no need to defer pay out or escalate payments.

I hv been looking around for annuities plans too,  have been procrastinating until i put the plan on hold when  interest went up last year 

Edited by Ct3833

5 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

hitting 55, plan is to pledge the hdb and take out the rest.....:-)

Tot only pledge if cannot meet the minimum sum, still got excess to take out? 😂 

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

100k RA eat grass. 

For some, CPF is dessert only. They still got side dish and main course 😂 

Edited by Ginyu

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Yes.  After whatever is required for your BSR. 

yes, so easily BRS(RA) @ 100K, Medisave @ 66k and Balance (OA+SA) @50-60k...siao...easily 220 maintain there...

12 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

Tot only pledge if cannot meet the minimum sum, still got excess to take out? 😂 

yes, excess can take out, but they will move everything to FRS (RA) if sufficient, and then when you pledge, they will repay you the difference in cash to yr savings bank account...

So can slowly top up if you dun hit the yearly maximum... 

5 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

yes, so easily BRS(RA) @ 100K, Medisave @ 66k and Balance (OA+SA) @50-60k...siao...easily 220 maintain there...

MA now 68.5k

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

For some, CPF is dessert only. They still got side dish and main course 😂 

CpF should always only be the dessert.

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

After 55 and after setting aside BRS, the $60k surplus fund is just liquidity on tap and still paying decent interest rate.

It won't be easy to find an investment product that is guaranteed, can withdraw anytime and yet pay more than 5-6%. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

After 55 and after setting aside BRS, the $60k surplus fund is just liquidity on tap and still paying decent interest rate.

It won't be easy to find an investment product that is guaranteed, can withdraw anytime and yet pay more than 5-6%. 

correcto...

2 hours ago, Tkseah said:

Likely I will use skillsfuture to get phv license and drive grab part time earn some money..

Here MCF many new  aspirants ….. all will only work in 5* Michelin Restaurants 🤣🤣

Just now, BanCoe said:

Here MCF many new  aspirants ….. all will only work in 5* Michelin Restaurants 🤣🤣

Dei macha u go open 5star michelin prata stall

la😂

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
5 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Must first join MasterChef Singapore..

Supercharged

I know many are thinking if can retire at 55 already very good and most would probably want to work till 60.

However, from my observation of friends & relatives, a person health and fitness can deteriorate quite quickly between 50-60.  Between 40 and 50,  probably won't feel too much difference if health and fitness are generally well.  But between 50 and 60, it is quite different unless that person really put in a lot of effort in terms of exercising and healthy food intake during those years.

So if you are late 40s now and thinking you probably want to work another 10 years, then perhaps you should also plan your fitness routine. Don't just plan financially and then take on an unhealthy lifestyle with poor diet and lack of exercise. Otherwise by the time near late 50s and wanna retire, may not have much good health/fitness left to enjoy life.

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, Tkseah said:

Must first join MasterChef Singapore..

Waah!! So high bar ?? My time got preambree skool …can play masak masak …... they gib “joining bonus” hor oldready 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, RadX said:

Dei macha u go open 5star michelin prata stall

la😂

Dey ! I hapi hapi working in my Boss @Hoseyboh Sin Po Po bar lah ….. gimme lifetime penchen some more Ok ….. got under table wiper there oso ….. ask @Arogablah 

• Haha! 2

19 hours ago, Voodooman said:

You should if possible keep $60k in CPF. 

For members aged 55 and above, the Government pays an extra 2% interest on the first $30,000 of their combined balances (capped at $20,000 for OA), and an extra 1% on the next $30,000. This means that members aged 55 and above will earn up to 6% interest per annum on their retirement balances.

Think it for members below age 55 for the extra interest from OA and SA. Those age 55 and above, the $30k +$30k should come from the RA account and then that extra interest goes into the RA account.

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Tkseah said:

Likely I will use skillsfuture to get phv license and drive grab part time earn some money..

When you pick up a mcf rider...hope you won't ask for full cash paynow...😁

↡ Advertisement