The Retirement Thread

14 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Must include activity like the daily wee hours walk around parks, roads and get up close with wild animal and party animal...😁

IMG_20220824_050425.jpg.74bda36f47818eaae6aa16bca0ea4a18.jpg

IMG_20220709_152924.jpg.854d65e236ba193cd3c9ab277d260041.jpg

You also got Wild Wild Wet in the area 🧐

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, serenade said:

I am not eligible to be here. Forced into retirement (but enjoying my active retirement) since 2016. 

Nobody cares if forced or not lah.  
in 2016 i was also retrenhed and retired.  Thank goodness they forced me.  
now i try to force myself also difficult….

54 minutes ago, EasyGoing said:

i will be joing this group in early November when i hit 67 but not by choice, like some of you, as my (Jap) company boss does not want to follow the current MOM guideline to allow employees to continue to work until 68.

after that i may dust my road bike and try to cover all the park connectors.

Please lah, 67 already, time to let go.  Cycling around SG park connector is a great idea, i think its something i will also do when i retire.  Great exercise and fun safe way to see and enjoy Singapore.    Excellent suggestion!   

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

May be that is what I hope to do after retirement. Giving happiness to those who are tired in flesh and in mind.

image.png.58f83fb2f723ab86778c8a86447f8cce.png

Someone here is doing the talking...operate out of a male body...😁

• Haha! 4

1 minute ago, mersaylee said:

Someone here is doing the talking...operate out of a male body...😁

Everyone looks so happy right!?😁

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

I hope my boss force me to retire soon😂

Best is force me to retire in 2028

i love golden handshakes

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

I hope my boss force me to retire soon😂

Please tell him there is a  MCF guy in SGP willing to accpet 1/3 of  your salary and take the same abuse🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Please tell him there is a  MCF guy in SGP willing to accpet 1/3 of  your salary and take the same abuse🤣🤣

Zhun boh?

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Nobody cares if forced or not lah.  
in 2016 i was also retrenhed and retired.  Thank goodness they forced me.  
now i try to force myself also difficult….

I wa retrenched in late 2019 too, fortunately or unfortunately, i was sucked back into workforce in less than a month before i could sit down to think about my next move. 

Now am facing difficulties deciding when to self-retire, i realised it is so difficult to make that decision, mainly due to unwillingness/unable to let go(放不下,看不开),it is so easier said than done.  

But the returning to workforce changes my perspective in life significantly at my age, having a job, friends and loved ones around me is a celebration evey moment. 

3 hours ago, EasyGoing said:

i will be joing this group in early November when i hit 67 but not by choice, like some of you, as my (Jap) company boss does not want to follow the current MOM guideline to allow employees to continue to work until 68.

after that i may dust my road bike and try to cover all the park connectors.

Should sit back and relax now, do what you like to do, no point keep working till our body is too weak to do what you enjoy doing.  Age is no mercy to our physical ability.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 4

Just now, Ct3833 said:

I wa retrenched in late 2019 too, fortunately or unfortunately, i was sucked back into workforce in less than a month before i could sit down to think about my next move. 

Now am facing difficulties deciding when to self-retire, i realised it is so difficult to make that decision, mainly due to unwillingness/unable to let go(放不下,看不开),it is so easier said than done.  

Should sit back and relax now, do what you like to do, no point keep working till our body is too weak to do what you enjoy doing.  Age is no mercy to our physical ability.

yes once you are in it again, it’s hard to let go.  

Thats why i say it is better the company decide for you sometimes.

Definitely easier said than done. I hope when my time comes, i can do it and not look back.  

• Praise 2

I am also waiting for golden handshake.  If it doesn't happen, I don't mind working for a few more years.  Anyway, my current job is not super stressful type.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

Best is force me to retire in 2028

i love golden handshakes

I also love to, from my first job, I never got a chance to be retrenched. I volunteer also my boss say cannot😭

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

I sub the job to you, you take 30%, I take 70%. You take all the abuse on my behalf and make sure my boss is happy. Tomorrow when we have the call, I will propose this.🤣:yuush:

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

stopped working few years back.....so not eligible for this thread. 

All I can say about retirement is that it is something that you need to plan from young, assuming there is no big inheritance or winning toto along the way.

Edited by Starry
↡ Advertisement