High COE prices hurt car-sharing platforms’ fleet expansion, electrification plans

awhtc

5 hours ago, lexiton said:

one word warranty

their warranty go back to AD or they should have a few of their own? would imagine the latter, which means AD warranty might not mean that much

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

If I am AD, the $smart$ move is to limit the warranty condition for rental cars. 

No passenger cars are designed and developed to be subjected to the kind of abuse PHVs/rental are putting them through. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

If I am AD, the $smart$ move is to limit the warranty condition for rental cars. 

No passenger cars are designed and developed to be subjected to the kind of abuse PHVs/rental are putting them through. 

Need all ADs to come together to have a separate commerical or PHV contract if not confirm others will undercut the business which is quite a sum at current prices

2 minutes ago, josh98 said:

Need all ADs to come together to have a separate commerical or PHV contract if not confirm others will undercut the business which is quite a sum at current prices

Can have maintainance contract for sure.. But manufacturer's warranty is another issue altogether. 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:45 AM, Vratenza said:

At that time when I rented my Prius from LCR to do Uber, Borneo only offered free servicing/warranty for 1k, 5k and 10k. After that is outside workshop settle already (Uber/LCR's own workshop).

So I don't think the ADs are extending the standard warranty for these fleets.

• Praise 4

As if High COE prices don't hurt private car users?

Why cry for big greedy faceless car-sharing corporations?

Why about the hardworking bread winning family man with the MIL?

Why give a hoot for greedy companies and not the family man struggling to feed his family?

High COE does not hurt him?

For those that cannot afford a new car lucky got one honest used car dealer selling affordable good quality used cars.

He does not want to pay MCF advertising fee and cannot say who this is.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

COE is a failed policy as far as congestion control

But as a revenue earner huat max and as we all know scholar only see money as measure of success

Commercialization of private user quota to avoid corp tax is sheer genius of all these tech startups and scholars dont realise they got played since number 1 metric of revenue up so much

• Angry 1

6 minutes ago, yishunite said:

COE is a failed policy as far as congestion control

But as a revenue earner huat max and as we all know scholar only see money as measure of success

Commercialization of private user quota to avoid corp tax is sheer genius of all these tech startups and scholars dont realise they got played since number 1 metric of revenue up so much

COE is to control car policy.

ERP is to control congestion.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

COE is to control car policy.

ERP is to control congestion.

What gymnastics is this. Both are congestion policy only area of coverage is different

On 9/4/2022 at 10:49 PM, yishunite said:

Ya first time i agree on this point to actually destabilize sg a bit with opposition gov (last time I would say this is a bad reason too risky). We are too safe haven liao whole world wanna park money here (and gahmen scared to charge FT for this premium of safety compared with charging us singkie for every damn thing). Since skyrocketing prices came along Im prepared to ride out the storm now!

Change is the only constant, what we are doing here isn't to facilitate unrest or instability, but to encourage those on the top to evolve constantly.

If they fail to do so, they shall go the way of the dodo.

• Praise 2

22 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

https://mothership.sg/2022/09/bluesg-electric-opel/?fbclid=IwAR01Q5ohjZYt85KR1K0__iYzIEDz7xi8Vx05T7U7DPVcKXsYIna6gCzNHA0

Where the 500 COEs gonna come from? that means Cat B gonna rise futher north.

Don't forget other rental companies are also secretly replacing/expanding their fleet.

Edited by darviathan

10 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Yeah, no money expand my foot. Goddamn liars.

they dont really need to lie... the primary target group of people that will get upset will be car owners, and these arent even their target customers!

Expand fleet with brand new cars but must deny? Dont understand them...