iPhone 14 anyone?

therock

I'm looking forward to replacing my 7plus and maybe my XR...

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-14/

Is anyone else looking forward to it's launch on the 7th Sept?

At a Glance

Rumors Apple's 2022 iPhones will feature a notchless display with a hole-punch camera, A16 chip, flush rear cameras and more.

Rumored Features

6.1 and 6.7-inch sizes

No notch

Large pill-shaped camera cutout

A15/A16 chip

Qualcomm X65 modem

The 14 Max looking to be the balance of cost and function

A16 Chip

New iterations of the iPhone typically come with an updated A-series chip, but Apple might deviate from standard operating procedure this year. According to Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, only the iPhone 14 Pro models will get a new and faster A16 chip.

Kuo says that the standard iPhone 14 models will continue to use the same A15 Bionic that's in the iPhone 13 models, marking a significant differentiation between the Pro and non-Pro iPhones in 2022, and the rumor has been backed up by other sources.

According to Kuo, the A16 chip may only be a minor upgrade over the A15 chip. The chip is expected to be built on the same N5P process used for the A15 chip, which limits improvements.

Next-generation N3 and N4P fabrication processes will not be available for mass production until 2023. Apple chip supplier TSMC has developed a new N4 process, but Kuo says that it has no meaningful advantages over N5P, so Apple will stick to N5P for the A16. The upgrade to the A16 is more for marketing than notable improvement, according to Kuo.

Though the iPhone 14 is expected to use the same A15 Bionic chip that's in the iPhone 13 models, leaker ShrimpApplePro has suggested that the new devices will get an "overall performance boost" thanks to an updated cellular modem, a new internal design, and other updates, which could see it offering faster performance.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/iphone-14-5-last-minute-rumors-you-need-to-know

Huat ah! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Just buy pro and not pro max.  I downgraded to pro from pro max (to suit in car charging tray). Just love the size of pro. Will never buy a pro max anymore, it is too big for my hands. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Just buy pro and not pro max.  I downgraded to pro from pro max (to suit in car charging tray). Just love the size of pro. Will never buy a pro max anymore, it is too big for my hands. 

I always wonder why in the world car makers are still giving us wireless charging pads that cannot fit 90% of the flagships phones from various brands.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Will the price of 13 drop when 14 is launched?  I hope so.  My kid needs a new phone and I will buy her a 13 after launch of 14.  Her current iPhone is an iPhone 10 I think.  At least 3+ years already

• Praise 1

let me guess.... the Apple going to tell the world that they are the first in the world to come up with the ergonomically designed and exquisitely perfected no-notch-but-pill-shaped-cut out?

x1080.thumb.jpg.6c6b6c55dc0a782553e8458f68a0874f.jpg

:D

Ok, I admit I am no Apple fanboy....but I do buy Apple phones and ipads for the rest of my family so that I do not have to be the one to sort out software issues that are more likely with android phones.

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

Will the price of 13 drop when 14 is launched?  I hope so.  My kid needs a new phone and I will buy her a 13 after launch of 14.  Her current iPhone is an iPhone 10 I think.  At least 3+ years already

i think maybe up to 100 dollars decrease. But not more than that. They will stop production rather than sell at lower price for premium products.

• Praise 4

17 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Does the max give better battery life?

1 minute ago, Vratenza said:

let me guess.... the Apple going to tell the world that they are the first in the world to come up with the ergonomically designed and exquisitely perfected no-notch-but-pill-shaped-cut out?

x1080.thumb.jpg.6c6b6c55dc0a782553e8458f68a0874f.jpg

:D

Ok, I admit I am no Apple fanboy....but I do buy Apple phones and ipads for the rest of my family so that I do not have to be the one to sort out software issues that are more likely with android phones.

lol that's interesting. u use android but your family use apple.

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

Same...my daughter has been bugging me for a 13 as her 10 is fading with her high usage...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Pro is the sweet spot. Actually the pro max camera is considered hardly any difference to the Pro. 

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

lol that's interesting. u use android but your family use apple.

My one and only iphone is iphone 4, and after that Android all the way.

As I am more technically inclined and understand the android "architecture" , easy for me to troubleshoot issues since I am the one using it.

If my family come to me with an android phone issue, it will be double my effort since I have to start from scratch to troubleshoot since when I ask them what did they do that leads to the problem, the answer is usually "I don't know, it just happens"

So iphone is really more idiot proof....😋

• Haha! 8

10 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Same...my daughter has been bugging me for a 13 as her 10 is fading with her high usage...

I got my wife a pristine condition 2nd hand 12 pro max and pass her aging but still working 7plus to my son.... :D

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Just now, Vratenza said:

I got my wife a prestion condition 2nd hand 12 pro max and pass her aging but still working 7plus to my son.... :D

My son wanted an iPhone...i handed my ole 7 to my wife to catch more pokemons...he darn TL with me...😁

• Haha! 5

6 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

My one and only iphone is iphone 4, and after that Android all the way.

As I am more technically inclined and understand the android "architecture" , easy for me to troubleshoot issues since I am the one using it.

If my family come to me with an android phone issue, it will be double my effort since I have to start from scratch to troubleshoot since when I ask them what did they do that leads to the problem, the answer is usually "I don't know, it just happens"

So iphone is really more idiot proof....😋

yeah my first smartphone is ip4 (late adopter). android after that.