COE Bidding – September 2022

Carbon82

I just change battery for my beat up COE car today even though  batt life left about 30% approximately after using batt for 1.5 years only 😓. Must give car “new” lease of life 😆, treat it like precious commodity for remaining 1 year 9months before must scrap 😭

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 5

17 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

I just change battery for my beat up COE car today even though  batt life left about 30% approximately after using batt for 1.5 years only 😓. Must give car “new” lease of life 😆, treat it like precious commodity for remaining 1 year 9months before must scrap 😭

Oh dear, 5-year COE.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

sometimes the workshop alibaba and put a different setting to make as if the battery is dying. must actually see the display output figures and not just see if its "good battery" "charge battery" or "bad battery"

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Gnahp said:

I always imagine

if during one of the biddings last 5 minutes whole singapore internet down

will LTA call it void? 😁

I think we will see the $1 or $2 COE again, it happened before. Then those who got their $1 or 2 COE will curse n swear 🤣

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

sometimes the workshop alibaba and put a different setting to make as if the battery is dying. must actually see the display output figures and not just see if its "good battery" "charge battery" or "bad battery"

I went to guan lee tyre, he check the CCA ( cold  crank ampere reading?) reading on my old battery (atlas) shows about 380 compared to new battery reading of about 530 plus CCA for amaron battery. 

7A12FD23-1596-40F3-84A4-F60019B46553.jpeg

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Still have 1 year 9 months le, better change the battery now than later, so that you can make full use of it. If need to change tyres, also get it change now. Lol.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

CAT B is for the more expensive and atas cars mah, got those ultra rich buy cars with full cash included or those who use money notes to wipe their backside or those ministars who say SGD 600K is peanuts, or everyone has 2 cars kind of people 🤬 with buyers like these buying CAT B cars of course it will keep going up and up.😁

But Cat A cars also doesnt mean mostly are less atas cars and cheap cars hor.

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Even AD will chut such stunt... Sent in my prev merc to C&C for scheduled servicing and service advisor called to tell me my battery recommended to change... I asked how much, he said $600++ after discount... Since i have a voltage reader for my car, it has not show any low voltage situation prior, I took the chance and declined the change. Long story cut short, took the car back and was able to drive it for another 7-8months before selling off my car without any need to replace. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

I went to guan lee tyre, he check the CCA ( cold  crank ampere reading?) reading on my old battery (atlas) shows about 380 compared to new battery reading of about 530 plus CCA for amaron battery. 

7A12FD23-1596-40F3-84A4-F60019B46553.jpeg

Is this your battery size? The box says CCA is 380A. Typically amaron has a slightly higher than rated CCA when brand new. But not 530A when rated at 380A. 
45Ah batt with CCA 360-380A is normal. When it drops to approx 75% then time to change. 

so either his battery tester is spoilt or he also alibaba…..

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

I trust Guan Lee, won’t ask you to change unnecessarily. 😁

One of the more honest shop, that Mr Tay.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

12 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Hug all the way liao 

How come everyone talks about old COE car in a new COE thread ?😅😅 my CAT A and CAT B combined only $61k 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

• Haha! 5

8 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Even AD will chut such stunt... Sent in my prev merc to C&C for scheduled servicing and service advisor called to tell me my battery recommended to change... I asked how much, he said $600++ after discount... Since i have a voltage reader for my car, it has not show any low voltage situation prior, I took the chance and declined the change. Long story cut short, took the car back and was able to drive it for another 7-8months before selling off my car without any need to replace. 

Usually AD would tell you to change battery, if the battery is around 1.5 to 2 year mark. Some even can tell you to change at around 1 year. 😅 I believe battery should able to last at least 2.5 year to 3 year+.

9 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Mini battery last about 2 years or thereabouts.

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Ingenius said:

There's 600,000 cars in Singapore, 1 for every 9 person. One can always buy a used car.

This one is true.  Cos i did notice no matter what, one can always get a car. Only is it a new car or second hand car.

If there is no market for second hand car, the dealers will ownself export them and free the coe 

↡ Advertisement