Does HDB profit from selling flats?

Jellandross

11 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

They make or don make $$ is not the main thing for me..

looking at the current price and income level.. I dunno what is define as "Affordable housing for the people"..

Sadly the price need to push higher and higher if not majority of owner need to cough money back to OA when selling their flats.. 

The price is so high that 5-Room is not in PLH. Imagine BTO lists 5-Rm in PLH at a $1,000,000 under their MISSION statement 

Mission

We provide affordable, quality housing and a great living environment where communities thrive

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

7 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

The price is so high that 5-Room is not in PLH. Imagine BTO lists 5-Rm in PLH at a $1,000,000 under their MISSION statement 

Mission

We provide affordable, quality housing and a great living environment where communities thrive

Sigh.. i really worry for my kids… at this rate i need to work till my last breath.. my parents oso need $$ from me to pass by.. and that oredi factor in my dad who retired at 75!! I think for me 85 or i die.. whcihever first..

Edited by Ody_2004

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

The 1st generation Ministers want to ensure a roof over our heads. Now is a squeezing tool for our blood. 

Which generation started this blood squeezing exercise?

Just now, Victor68 said:

When HBD becomes an investment tool instead of home. 

Which generation of Minister started this blood squeezing exercise?

Edited by inlinesix

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Which generation of Minister started this blood squeezing exercise?

Oh dear, what tough question. Name the minister har. I really also don't know but when HDB prices starts to climb from $7k for a 3 rooms flat that somehow land was free to today's prices with market land cost. Surely major changes have taken place and some smart Minster have presented it right. You know who?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

Short answer is "YES".. dunno got the interest component boh..

Pple very happy that the white give 2.5% in OA.. harlow the accurred interest for the HDB oso at the same rate.. at this rate more will become caught in the vicious cycle..

Of cos pple will say the income had gone up.. no doubt BUT got much the inflation rate? the rate of HDB price? i work in a company with 10000 workers.. abt half (my estimate) or more of them salary is $3000 per month or so.. the top 5% maybe 15K above.. so if base on the magic formula of 80% stay in HDB i dunno how pple can afford..

The rule has been HDB mortgage rate is always of a certain percentage above the OA rate.

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

Mission

Latest bto PLM doesn't offer 5 room. The biggest only 4 room on offer. 

As for out of town 5 room bto current HDB bto pricing at 700k plus without grants. 😁

Their formula always has been before grants. After grants everyone can afford HDB.....😁 😂😂

And then hdb bto benchmark its pricing against the resales market pricing.

Resales market benchmark its pricing against newly launch bto.😁

Me, primary 3 only can also see the full picture. 

Newly cast role. Namely CPF.

Press a few button figures transferred to HDB.

Press a few button MA go to Hospital. 

Press a few button SA go to RA.

😁

The only way to counter this vicious cycle is not to use CPF for housing. MA for hospitalisation. Shield the SA. Name your nominee to be payout in"cash". 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Latest bto PLM doesn't offer 5 room. The biggest only 4 room on offer. 

As for our of town 5 room bto current HDB bto pricing at 700k plus without grants. 😁

Their formula always has been before grants. After grants everyone can afford HDB.....😁 😂😂

And then hdb bto benchmark its pricing against the resales market pricing.

Resales market benchmark its pricing against newly launch bto.😁

Me, primary 3 only can also see the full picture. 

Newly cast role. Namely CPF.

Press a few button figures transferred to HDB.

Press a few button MA go to Hospital. 

Press a few button SA go to RA.

😁

The only way to counter this vicious cycle is not to use CPF for housing. MA for hospitalisation. Shield the SA. Name your nominee to be payout in"cash". 

good analysis!
That’s why the white want educated pple so they cannot see what a primary 3 student see! Whahahahahaha..

with CPF MA simi LJ oso expensive.. pluck a wisdom tooth now no joke.. lucky my wisdom gone 30 years ago!

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

i am glad i dont stay in HDB flat that would add burden to my fellow citizens and my country.

i very patriotic one.

…..ahhh so you’re the one pay full cash 1🤣🤣(I mean buying cars)🤣🤣

• Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

pluck a wisdom tooth now no joke.. lucky my wisdom gone 30 years ago!

Thousand plus if surgery... wisdom,  high chance surgery. 

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Yah my daughter recently did hers using my MA.. faint..

You can top up your child MA to the stipulated ceiling. Let the annual interest in MA cover her medical. Also in times to come tap on her MA for your own medical expenses. Win win...

4 minutes ago, Kopites said:

You can top up your child MA to the stipulated ceiling. Let the annual interest in MA cover her medical. Also in times to come tap on her MA for your own medical expenses. Win win...

Errrr.. top up I understand from CASH.. bo rui liao leh…

what is theirs remain theirs.. what is mine remian theirs.. mlmlwml..

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Short answer is "YES".. dunno got the interest component boh..

Pple very happy that the white give 2.5% in OA.. harlow the accurred interest for the HDB oso at the same rate.. at this rate more will become caught in the vicious cycle..

Of cos pple will say the income had gone up.. no doubt BUT got much the inflation rate? the rate of HDB price? i work in a company with 10000 workers.. abt half (my estimate) or more of them salary is $3000 per month or so.. the top 5% maybe 15K above.. so if base on the magic formula of 80% stay in HDB i dunno how pple can afford..

Avg 3k per person but with dual income can manage …… Grants …. I don’t know what kind of accounting system they use but in the commodity markets once the plant starts growing , profits are already started to calculate , even though it starts bearing fruits 2 -3 years later 

3 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Avg 3k per person but with dual income can manage …… Grants …. I don’t know what kind of accounting system they use but in the commodity markets once the plant starts growing , profits are already started to calculate , even though it starts bearing fruits 2 -3 years later 

Without kids and old folks maybe ok.. as long don touch cash.. and this where the problem lies.. most think as long CPF let it be but if one partner lost the job…

• Praise 1

57 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Yah my daughter recently did hers using my MA.. faint..

hahahaha... did mine, wah ... showed wifey the bill, she tot i go zhng car or something.😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3