Does HDB profit from selling flats?

Jellandross

58 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Yah my daughter recently did hers using my MA.. faint..

How much now?

I had an extraction 10 years that requires oral surgeon to do it.

The whole process takes about 1hr (45 minutes wait for anesthetic to take effect).

↡ Advertisement

11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

How much now?

The whole process takes about 1hr (45 minutes wait for anesthetic to take effect).

Depends on the complication.. was quoted $12xx but actual bill abt $700 per tooth

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

Thousand plus if surgery... wisdom,  high chance surgery. 

With the rising cost of living.. me now go polyclinic for cheaper dental liao... 

• Praise 3

4 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

With the rising cost of living.. me now go polyclinic for cheaper dental liao... 

errr but the wait is 2 to 3 months.. need to get referrals here n there.. lucky pregnant women no need so complicated process..

• Praise 1

41 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

How much now?

Dental care damn mahal here lah ...... Medical is affordable still go polyklinik about $15/- but dental even go to Singhealth the bill is about $60 (just general routine checking) I think if I go pte klinik sure kenna at least $150 & the doc will  "goreng" to do dis n dat treatment... soft sell     ( Can always go down JB for a quote) also if simple simple thingy

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

5 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Dental care damn mahal here lah ...... Medical is affordable still go polyklinik about $15/- but dental even go to Singhealth the bill is about $60 (just general routine checking) I think if I go pte klinik sure kenna at least $150 & the doc will  "goreng" to do dis n dat treatment... soft sell     ( Can always go down JB for a quote) also if simple simple thingy

Expensive also no choice for me.  I only go to see my regular dentist.

I am pain phobia

23 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

I know of a bolehland fellow...had tooth issue...met a tong siang dentist...was advised to go JB for treatment...he didn't want to goreng kaki nang...😂

15 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I teach you. 

Today I sold some shares at $1 which I bought at $0.50 5 years ago but I marked to market my shares yesterday and transferred all the profits to my reserve account. Upon sales today, I lost money (due to transaction and 5 years holding cost). Sibei cham. 

This is invented by scholars to measure lost economic profit. Nothing wrong under IFRS or simi financial engineering standards but if you keep shouting deficit and big losses, you leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

According to the highlighted, shouldn't the boss be sacked?

• Praise 2

I think HDB making a loss for each flat is true but it's not complete picture.

Let's say I spend 100k to make a flat.  Land cost from SLA is 100k.

I sell to you for 180k. I lose 20k.  But because SLA got the land for free, they just earned 80k.  In HDB books, they lost 20k but overall, the profit is 80k.

Another possibility. I use 200k to build the flat plus land cost.  I sell to you for 180k.  I lose 20k per flat. But with the loan, by the time you paid up your interest, it's let's say 210k.  Overall, I earned 10k per flat.  But I can look at you straight in the face that I lose 20k per flat cos it costs 200k to get the flat but I sold it to you for 180k.

Unless all pay full cash here.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I sell to you for 180k. I lose 20k.  But because SLA got the land for free, they just earned 80k.  In HDB books, they lost 20k but overall, the profit is 80k.

Another possibility. I use 200k to build the flat plus land cost.  I sell to you for 180k.  I lose 20k per flat. But with the loan, by the time you paid up your interest, it's let's say 210k.  Overall, I earned 10k per flat.  But I can look at you straight in the face that I lose 20k per flat cos it costs 200k to get the flat but I sold it to you for 180k.

Try to price every inch of the land the inflated price and see can sell or not? Control public housing is the key, it is a home not an investment. If one wishes to pay $3k psf for a condo, nobody is going to be jealous lah. Housing, education, health care are basic mah.

• Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I got old neighbor kpkb... land kenna cheap cheap take over.. then resold peg to cbd land price. 

This was mentioned before on why hdb so expensive. 

Below is another take. 

https://theindependent.sg/hdb-fetches-record-price-of-64-million-for-petrol-station-land-plot/

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Playtime said:

I got old neighbor kpkb... land kenna cheap cheap take over.. then resold peg to cbd land price. 

This was mentioned before on why hdb so expensive. 

Below is another take. 

https://theindependent.sg/hdb-fetches-record-price-of-64-million-for-petrol-station-land-plot/

I have been blaming 1 person for all the ill effects we are seeing now.

"“He saw that I was right, but he was a charmer. Looking at me, he asked, ‘Ngiam, are you the Permanent Secretary of the Budget and Revenue Divisions at MOF?’ I said yes, to which he replied, ‘What’s wrong with collecting more money?'”

Indeed, what’s wrong with HDB collecting more money?"

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 5

I see the Thread Title - already wanna vomit blood! Confirm HDB make tons of $$$$ lah from selling HDB flats. Knn now smelly smelly 1 x 4 Rm $350K-$400K. Go count how many units in 1 Block! Earn until song song !!!

Knn the land cost is of no cost to them what!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Recently I went Polyclinic Dental for Scaling n Polishing.. around $40.. cheaper than private dentists..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1