KIA NIRO 2023

sHy3r

Dear all, 

I just have news that new NIRO will be launching on 3rd week of Sept 2022. The indicative pricing is $169,999 for SX hybrid model. 

The model should be now waiting for LTA to approve for sale. 

Seem nicer than previous facelift. 

Wonder if I should wait for Ioniq 5 to launch or go for this new NIRO. 🤔 I’m stuck in thinking to change hybrid or EV. 😅

what about you guys?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Is it based on cat A COE?

I'd prefer to wait for both to launch and see what the trim/specs on offer.

If the EV version is cheaper, plus u don't go in malaysia and have access to charging points, no need to think liao just go for it!

Edited by Rickster

2 hours ago, sHy3r said:

Dear all, 

I just have news that new NIRO will be launching on 3rd week of Sept 2022. The indicative pricing is $169,999 for SX hybrid model. 

The model should be now waiting for LTA to approve for sale. 

Seem nicer than previous facelift. 

Wonder if I should wait for Ioniq 5 to launch or go for this new NIRO. 🤔 I’m stuck in thinking to change hybrid or EV. 😅

what about you guys?

170K for the hybrid is steep wow...used to be 100K then after COE went up was about 130

The new niro is nice looking, but if budget not a factor i would go for Ioniq 5 unless u don't want such a big SUV

Niro used to be my consideration but then couldn't justify the price difference between a 1.6 petrol and the Niro so didn't get it ultimately

Edited by josh98

2 hours ago, Rickster said:

Is it based on cat A COE?

I'd prefer to wait for both to launch and see what the trim/specs on offer.

If the EV version is cheaper, plus u don't go in malaysia and have access to charging points, no need to think liao just go for it!

Erm niro is on Cat A coe…

ya EV charging is a problem… some inconsiderate owners will just leave it occupy the lot…

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, josh98 said:

170K for the hybrid is steep wow...used to be 100K then after COE went up was about 130

The new niro is nice looking, but if budget not a factor i would go for Ioniq 5 unless u don't want such a big SUV

Niro used to be my consideration but then couldn't justify the price difference between a 1.6 petrol and the Niro so didn't get it ultimately

I see. 

i was thinking to get used Niro Hybrid since the price point suit my budget more. But i also keen to find out how much Ioniq 5 is selling as I paid $500 to queue last December. 😅

10 minutes ago, Melody288 said:

Kia EV6 is also available for viewing. Cat B COE, price is ard $240k for std range model. Think Ioniq5 will be ard this price range. 

Will it be cheaper since is assemble in SG? 🤔

10 hours ago, sHy3r said:

Erm niro is on Cat A coe…

ya EV charging is a problem… some inconsiderate owners will just leave it occupy the lot…

1st gen niro was cat B, then became cat A when facelift came in. But likely they continue to sell as Cat A with prices now, just that the appeal is now not there. Last time 100K hybrid was their selling point as one of the cheapest hybrids out there

10 hours ago, sHy3r said:

I see. 

i was thinking to get used Niro Hybrid since the price point suit my budget more. But i also keen to find out how much Ioniq 5 is selling as I paid $500 to queue last December. 😅

Not a bad option i would think, if your main objective is to save fuel and not chiong kind haha test drove the niro then, power abit lacking unless you really step on it but is decked out with features. Just need note that the pre Aug 2021 registered ones, the EX model might be the crank key system. Only after Aug they brought in the keyless entry for that base model and some other minor upgrades. 

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Either ICE or EV.

Hybrid too much complications 

Thought Hybrid cars have been around for at least a decade liao, how come still have too much complications? But nowadays seems like many new car is a hybrid.

Just now, 13177 said:

Thought Hybrid cars have been around for at least a decade liao, how come still have too much complications? But nowadays seems like many new car is a hybrid.

By having both electric and ICE powertrain, it just make things more complicated.
Mechanically.

EV has the simplest design.

But ole skool ppl don’t like it.

Difficult to troubleshoot 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, josh98 said:

1st gen niro was cat B, then became cat A when facelift came in. But likely they continue to sell as Cat A with prices now, just that the appeal is now not there. Last time 100K hybrid was their selling point as one of the cheapest hybrids out there

Ya, thats what i thought so too. But the new Niro interior is like EV6… 😅 Just the price point is too high…

3 hours ago, josh98 said:

Not a bad option i would think, if your main objective is to save fuel and not chiong kind haha test drove the niro then, power abit lacking unless you really step on it but is decked out with features. Just need note that the pre Aug 2021 registered ones, the EX model might be the crank key system. Only after Aug they brought in the keyless entry for that base model and some other minor upgrades. 

I see. I kinda like korean cars but now abit headache on what to change due to coe too high and my current car coe is ending… 

1 hour ago, Colin03 said:

@sHy3r go for hybrid at this moment as EV stations are still limited

Ya agree.. but i suppose will have more charging station in 1-2 years time?

↡ Advertisement