Cars: More than Meets the Eye....

Vratenza

Noticed more and more cars on the road and in carpark lots that at first glance, looks like some model (usually higher performance of the range) but ultimately gives the game away with a lack of attention (or funds) to the details. 

I am not censoring out the VRN since I believe that anything that is on the outside of the car do not belong to you and if you dare to fake it, don't be afraid to flaunt it. 

Let me start off with this particular one I saw... Mods itself, I will say it is ok but why on earth will you put the ///5 badge there? Even putting just the /// badge beside the 535i is fine if it adds 5bhp...

20220909_093622-picsay.jpg

20220909_093631~01-picsay.jpg

20220909_093639~01-picsay.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

2 minutes ago, RadX said:

Fake it till u make it

personally, I’ll rebadge and put 518😂

Got one guy on our drives used to rebadge his real M5 (modded some more) to 535. I asked him why he downbadged, he said sleeper loh. I asked him 535 quite fast oreddi, why not go all the way down to 520i, he said Eng Soon ran out of that badge loh. 😁

• Haha! 20

nothing wrong if people want to add fake badge to make themselves feel good, doesn't hurt anyone right anyway. 

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Vratenza said:

Noticed more and more cars on the road and in carpark lots that at first glance, looks like some model (usually higher performance of the range) but ultimately gives the game away with a lack of attention (or funds) to the details. 

I am not censoring out the VRN since I believe that anything that is on the outside of the car do not belong to you and if you dare to fake it, don't be afraid to flaunt it. 

Let me start off with this particular one I saw... Mods itself, I will say it is ok but why on earth will you put the ///5 badge there? Even putting just the /// badge beside the 535i is fine if it adds 5bhp...

20220909_093622-picsay.jpg

20220909_093631~01-picsay.jpg

20220909_093639~01-picsay.jpg

You don’t even need to censor out the VRN, the bicycle rack does it for him. 😁

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

nothing wrong if people want to add fake badge to make themselves feel good, doesn't hurt anyone right anyway. 

For me is boh lui then boh lui, what is there to hao Lian. I see such fako no up. 😂

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Fake it till u make it

personally, I’ll rebadge and put 518😂

Why stop at 518?

I will go all the way to 516i and add a ///M badge next to it. Will shocked those who pointed and laughed at the badge, or uninformed challenger, once the light turns green. :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 10

Yep, just like putting a rolled up sock inside your underwear. 

Nothing wrong to make one feel good what, doesn’t hurt others too. 

Until you pull down the underwear and they see the real thing. 🤣

• Haha! 10

11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

My previous E39 oil cap was mod to ///M.

Only me and WS see it

🤭

Taobao got many. Cheaper than orig too. 😂

40 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Got one guy on our drives used to rebadge his real M5 (modded some more) to 535. I asked him why he downbadged, he said sleeper loh. I asked him 535 quite fast oreddi, why not go all the way down to 520i, he said Eng Soon ran out of that badge loh. 😁

I got another experience that is same same but not the same. :D

Many many moons ago, I was back to camp for my reservist and was going to lunch together with the rest of the reservist MO when we came across a M5 badged 5ser in the open air carpark. I noticed the puny 17" rims, with standard 2pot? brakes and stock standard aerokits. Then someone probably not a car enthusiast innocently was exclaiming " Wah! an M5 leh!" when one of the MOs spoke up saying it was his.

I then remarked, "I thought the M5 has quad exhaust? Why yours is only a dual on one side?" 😋

He replied :"Oh, this is special edition M5  that comes like that from factory...."

I had to try my darnest not to roll my eyes to that... but I left it be and did not dig further...:D

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 18

5 minutes ago, Calinlin said:

Up badge is just like A cup pad and push to C cup. Crude comment, but true. 

No harm me, I just see loh. Why need to be unhappy or petty about it.

to some car enthusiasts, it is a desecration of shrine built up around the halo models like the M/AMG/RS.

To put it in your same line of analogy, it is like a woman going to the lingerie shop to ask loudly for D-cup bra (making sure everyone hears about it) and all the while stuffing padding onto her A-cup hoping everyone will think she has the real thing.

Same as guy stuffing socks into the front of the underpants.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2