Barrierless system to be trialled at Old Airport Road Food Centre car parks

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

658c6990-359a-11ed-b4f7-e71cb8c9d5a2.jpeg.a738ef165a94b337482a81c966adfe43.jpeg

Barrierless system to be trialled at Old Airport Road Food Centre car parks

SINGAPORE — Motorists using the open-air and multi-storey car parks near the Old Airport Road Food Centre can now enjoy the convenience of the barrierless parking system.

The Housing Development Board (HDB) said in a media release on Friday (16 September) that the system, dubbed Parking@HDB, had been trialled at six car parks in Punggol since January 2021, and the Old Airport Road car parks are the first ones outside of Punggol to carry out the trial.

Under the Parking@HDB system, there will be no gantry barriers at the car park entrances and exits, as the vehicle plates are registered via cameras.

Colour-coded LED overhead indicators have also been installed above parking lots at the Old Airport Road multi-storey car park to signal lot availability. Green means lots are available for short-term parking, amber means lots are reserved for season parking while blue indicate lots reserved for persons with physical disabilities.

For motorists who have parked in an unauthorised lot, the light indicator will turn red and flash to prompt the motorists to move their vehicles immediately.

Using Parking@HDB app to pay parking charges

For short-term parking, motorists can download the Parking@HDB app to pay their parking charges via credit or debit card.

The parking system detects the vehicle when it enters the car park and automatically activates the parking session through the app, and charges are automatically deducted when they exit the car park, without the need to activate the app.

With this, motorists need not insert their cash cards into the In-vehicle Unit, nor worry about insufficient funds.

The app will also provide real-time notifications at the start and end of the motorists' short-term parking sessions, as well as their incurred charges. It will also give an automated alert to detect motorists who park illegally or in an unauthorised lot.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/barrierless-system-trialled-old-airport-road-food-centre-car-parks-084232365

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

The App is called Parking@Hdb. I juz downloaded it. Registered. Thro Singpass.. very ez.

Question: what if i dun get the App. My car go in n park for 30mins then exit the Cp without paying.. will kenna summon ? Haha. The entry got HD cameras capturing incoming Cars VRN

Edited by AndrewLee72
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

tailgaters siao liao lor 🙊🙉🙈

Only hdb got solution. There still be be tailgaters at commercial buildings. 

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Dafansu said:

either u download , if not just slow down for the deduction via your IU unit

I didnt know parking charges can be auto deducted from the hdb parking app, but must download first?

So what will happen if i didnt download this app, and when exit i did not slow down for the deduction via IU unit?

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, AndrewLee72 said:

The App is called Parking@Hdb. I juz downloaded it. Registered. Thro Singpass.. very ez.

Question: what if i dun get the App. My car go in n park for 30mins then exit the Cp without paying.. will kenna summon ? Haha. The entry got HD cameras capturing incoming Cars VRN

This is my question also? Lol.

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Screenshot_20220916_230716.thumb.jpg.77dfc586af0b1ec88d7f1ae35d39adf2.jpg

Good to know. 

Then some will to maximize/game it? 

2nd hand car dealer park their unsold slow moving stock at these carparks...... 1 month later drive it out FOC? 

• Haha! 4

Just now, Vratenza said:

Then some will to maximize/game it? 

2nd hand car dealer park their unsold slow moving stock at these carparks...... 1 month later drive it out FOC? 

Sounds like a plan. 

Loophole! 

Disclaimer : I have no idea if it will go according to this plan though. 😅

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Shibadog said:

HDB has their own parking app? separate from the parking.sg app? 

that's what immediately came to mind. reinventing the wheel to make it rounder. Or to justify their existence.

• Haha! 2

10 hours ago, 13177 said:

I didnt know parking charges can be auto deducted from the hdb parking app, but must download first?

So what will happen if i didnt download this app, and when exit i did not slow down for the deduction via IU unit?

the app for those without barrier only, already started some years back for the trial at punggol. the app is optional if u still want to deduct thru the normal IU unit. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1