Is there such a things called pre warranty expiry check?

Peqasus

Got my 2nd hand Mazda 3 and been driving for 4 mths with warranty expiring in 2. Was thinking if I send in to eurokar it's in their interest to say all ok before warranty expires. Can I send to 3rd.party to pre check get a list of things to confirm and pass tat list to eurokar to replace?

↡ Advertisement

I’m the original owner of my Mazda and TEK did call to invite me to give the car a once over before it’s 3-year factory warranty ran out. As I wasn’t due for servicing yet, it was purely a check up, and I reported the usual recurrent front suspension noise that plagues all Mazda 6s, but they also noted that a belt tensioner needed replacement, something I was unaware of, and they could’ve kept quiet about. So as odd as it sounds, it seems they are pretty conscientious in making sure the car is in a good condition before it transitions out of warranty.

• Praise 4

For my previous used car, I sent to AD to do a paid check while under warranty. Few months after warranty expired, the clutch had issues and the AD still honoured the clutch change FOC. But my AD is not Eurokars.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

7 hours ago, R32 said:

I’m the original owner of my Mazda and TEK did call to invite me to give the car a once over before it’s 3-year factory warranty ran out. As I wasn’t due for servicing yet, it was purely a check up, and I reported the usual recurrent front suspension noise that plagues all Mazda 6s, but they also noted that a belt tensioner needed replacement, something I was unaware of, and they could’ve kept quiet about. So as odd as it sounds, it seems they are pretty conscientious in making sure the car is in a good condition before it transitions out of warranty.

Belt tensional under warranty ? More likely they replaced it under your cost . 

Some ADs may call their customers back for whatever free inspection with the intention to upsell repair to their customers. 

Edited by Ct3833

I also offer a paid warranty check before expiry of my used car warranty.

I don't want you to break down and say bad things about jamesc good quality used cars.

This is not an unpaid advertisement.

It's just my sharing.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 2

8 hours ago, Peqasus said:

Got my 2nd hand Mazda 3 and been driving for 4 mths with warranty expiring in 2. Was thinking if I send in to eurokar it's in their interest to say all ok before warranty expires. Can I send to 3rd.party to pre check get a list of things to confirm and pass tat list to eurokar to replace?

No. Why will eurokar take advice from a 3rd party? 

Anyway, have you transferred the ownership records with eurokar?they might have sent the original owner the invitation for end of warranty inspection. 

Edited by Vratenza

8 hours ago, R32 said:

All comes down to cost and profit. 

Anything that they find can be claimed from Mazda factory, they will change and claim for you. Not sure how the arrangement is, do they get the parts FOC and charge factory for their labour. 

Anything not under warranty they will ask you to pay. 

Just because many car buyers less than honest doesn't mean all used car dealers must be less than honest.

Used car dealers are not aliens from outer space.

We are normal people from society.

Got honest and dishonest ones just like a cross section of society.

• Praise 1

This is how we do it.

When we sell a new or used car we built into the price the cost of repairs.

So it's all costed in already.

Unless you squeeze the price too much and the stupid dealer accepts your price.

Then less money for repairs.

They just close shop and open up with a different name lah.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

We did it for our previous xc40 before warranty ended, got them to change a few items. Mostly because my butt sensitive so I gave them a small list of things to check through. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

We did it for our previous xc40 before warranty ended, got them to change a few items. Mostly because my butt sensitive so I gave them a small list of things to check through. 

Next time must borrow your butt

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

So don't kay kiang and squeeze price too much.

What you don't pay is what you don't get.

Got money, got service.
No money, call police.
😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Belt tensional under warranty ? More likely they replaced it under your cost . 

Some ADs may call their customers back for whatever free inspection with the intention to upsell repair to their customers. 

Not sure how it was under my cost if I didn't pay anything... unless you make the case that I have been paying AD prices servicing with them all this while (bought their pre-paid service packages up to 80k kms). 

No one attempted to upsell me - not walnut blast, not warranty extension or anything else. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3