Is there such a things called pre warranty expiry check?

Peqasus

1 hour ago, Vratenza said:

All comes down to cost and profit. 

Anything that they find can be claimed from Mazda factory, they will change and claim for you. Not sure how the arrangement is, do they get the parts FOC and charge factory for their labour. 

Anything not under warranty they will ask you to pay. 

I don't know how it works either but it is to my benefit. If it is also to TEK's profit/benefit, then good for them too. 

What's wrong with everyone being happy about the arrangement?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, R32 said:

Not sure how it was under my cost if I didn't pay anything... unless you make the case that I have been paying AD prices servicing with them all this while (bought their pre-paid service packages up to 80k kms). 

No one attempted to upsell me - not walnut blast, not warranty extension or anything else. 

belt tensioner is not a wear and tear item. most likely the AD change and charge to factory.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, R32 said:

I don't know how it works either but it is to my benefit. If it is also to TEK's profit/benefit, then good for them too. 

What's wrong with everyone being happy about the arrangement?

Erm... I don't seem to have said I am not happy about the arrangement or that there is something wrong.

Consumers just need to enter into any sales agreement/warranty agreement with their eyes open and know what they are paying for.

39 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Next time must borrow your butt

managed to get them to change engine mounts, shock mount, 1 shock absorber and rear hatch gas shocks. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, R32 said:

Not sure how it was under my cost if I didn't pay anything... unless you make the case that I have been paying AD prices servicing with them all this while (bought their pre-paid service packages up to 80k kms). 

No one attempted to upsell me - not walnut blast, not warranty extension or anything else. 

If you didn't pay for it then they are genuine, good for you. 👍.

In fact tensional  by some other AD should be a wear and tear item.

1 hour ago, Vratenza said:

belt tensioner is not a wear and tear item. most likely the AD change and charge to factory.

Actually it is a wear and tear item, just that it lasts longer than most wear and tear items :D

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

With pants without underwear

or

Without pants without underwear?

😂

The former in day, the latter at night. 😄

Edited by DOBIEMKZ
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

If you didn't pay for it then they are genuine, good for you. 👍.

In fact tensional  by some other AD should be a wear and tear item.

some say piston and piston rings also a a wear and tear item. in fact for some, all moving parts are wear and tear. 🤣

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

some say piston and piston rings also a a wear and tear item. in fact for some, all moving parts are wear and tear. 🤣

If a component has a certain lifespan or MBTF, then if it fails before that, should be a manufacturing defect, therefore under warranty. No matter how, the definition is grey in some areas, it depends on how smelly an AD is. 

• Praise 1

The most important check is the one done by an independent mechanic before you buy the car.

:D

Was that done or just trust the used car dealer when he says this car is tok kong one?

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Jamesc said:

The most important check is the one done by an independent mechanic before you buy the car.

:D

Was that done or just trust the used car dealer when he says this car is tok kong one?

Got it from Republic auto with 1 Yr extra warranty. So therein lies the power play. Its in their interest to help me check before warranty ends. Qn like what some of the bros here mention "would eurokar care bout those checks"

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Peqasus said:

Got it from Republic auto with 1 Yr extra warranty. So therein lies the power play. Its in their interest to help me check before warranty ends. Qn like what some of the bros here mention "would eurokar care bout those checks"

Republic auto is linked to C&C. Bought my C350 from them before. 

The 1 yr extra warranty is from Eurokar or insured by RA?