Canned and bottled drinks to come with "deposit"

Stratovarius

Canned and bottled drinks to come with a deposit of 10 to 20 cents by mid-2024, redeemable when recycled

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/environment/canned-and-bottled-drinks-to-come-with-a-10-20-cent-deposit-by-mid-2024-redeemable-when-recycled

Lai. Now save up empty cans and bottle and redeem them in 2 years time.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

There those like vending machines I saw at the ActiveSG stadium. Saw one auntie pushed into the machine alot of plastic bottles. Asked her what is this, and she told me can redeem NTUC vouchers.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

why do I sense that the drink producers/retailers may use this as an opportunity to raise prices beyond that 10 or 20 cents as deposit?[confused]

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 6
  • Sad 4
  • Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, Starry said:

why do I sense that the drink producers/retailers may use this as an opportunity to raise prices beyond that 10 or 20 cents as deposit?[confused]

If they increase price, then we have to pay the increased price +20 cent..

• Sad 1

They should open this recycling option to all the take-aways plastic containers that everyone has been charged 30 cents for!  Return the containers and get back 30 cents!😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

More seriously, I can already hear someone coming to "raid" our private estate dustbins in the middle of the night. They're welcome to whatever they can get, but things like these may intensify with measures like the one being proposed. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 4

14 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

More seriously, I can already hear someone coming to "raid" our private estate dustbins in the middle of the night. They're welcome to whatever they can get, but things like these may intensify with measures like the one being proposed. 

Last time use to have unker coming up to you asking if you finish your canned drink.. They will collect the can once empty.  I see the return fo these unkers.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

It is about time we develop a habit to bring our personal water bottle. I do and so do my family members. 

Quench your thirst in the office. 😁

33 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

The issue not to topple them or let the rubbish scattered all over the places. Beware of stray animals and pests. 🤔

• Praise 3

34 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

They are already raiding the large recycling dumpsters at HDB estates, taking anything of value before the designated recyclers come around.

I understand it is an offence, but as with anything else, means nothing unless it is enforced. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2