Canned and bottled drinks to come with "deposit"

Stratovarius

19 hours ago, Kb27 said:

I'm usually skeptical about these "green initiatives"

For sure, the new cans will be marked with something like "deposit 5 cents for return" or something like that. Then they'll be marked up like 20 cents, before being sold. [laugh]

For sure, the cans you get from elsewhere, will not be eligible for these refunds.

• "Drinks will be labelled with a deposit mark and consumers can claim a refund of the deposits when they return their empty beverage containers to a return point. This redemption will likely be in the form of cash or digital transfer."

These initiatives are always a propaganda to tax people. EV is a very good example. 

i will say less than 50% of people will bother to recycle the used containers. Whatever unclaimed will go into their pocket. 

↡ Advertisement

Aiya, nothing so difficult mah. 

Stated is by mid 2024, and 400 collection points.

So by end 2022 or early 2023 we should start seeing new dimensions and packaging of bottled water and can drinks lor. All there is to do is set a new requirement for the packaging across the board, and every manufacturer must follow this new dimensions, which can fit into the new as well as the old machines. Throw into the new machines, you get a refund, throw into the old machines, thank you for doing your part for recycling.  The older cans and bottles will then not fit into the new machines, so if you collect 2 lorry of cans from now to 2024, thank you for doing your part for recycling, thats all you get. 

There is a 12-18 months of transit period and stock running down and consumption time, so cannot KPKB 12-18 months cannot sell the old stocks or forget to drink.  Then by mid 2024 all is left will be the new cans and bottles for the new machines lor. 

Of course, if they are considerate enough, they will have to make a machine with 2 segments, one for the new SG dimensions new containers, and the other side for the parallel imported products, which would still be using the old universal containers. 

This refund is open to anyone and not tag to the the one who made the purchase, money on the cans and bottles, you dont return someone else will do it for you lah.  Just be sure to guard your drinks before someone just grab it from the table. 

very chim meh? [:p][laugh][laugh]  

• Praise 2

18 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Just like Korean Soju.

Most manufacturers uses standardised bottles.

The bottles are collected, washed and reuse.

I am not sure of 'wash & reuse' ideal. Maybe better to melt it down and recover the plastic better. I can still remember those days where people squeeze the bottle caps and put them into the bottle. The drink you buy sometimes come with this extra cap inside. 

30 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I am not sure of 'wash & reuse' ideal. Maybe better to melt it down and recover the plastic better. I can still remember those days where people squeeze the bottle caps and put them into the bottle. The drink you buy sometimes come with this extra cap inside. 

he was referring to glass bottles not plastic. Reuse glass bottle is common practice.

• Praise 2

45 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

he was referring to glass bottles not plastic. Reuse glass bottle is common practice.

yeah. Most plastic bottles made of PET cannot reuse too many times. The plastic particles will start seeping into the product.

↡ Advertisement