Canned and bottled drinks to come with "deposit"

Stratovarius

2 minutes ago, Ahwhye said:

heng i am in the process of reducing can or bottle drink intake, hopefully by then none of my problem......:D

The only bottle drink i drink once a blue moon is herbal tea. But now also seldom drink liao. Can drink i long long long time no drink lo.

↡ Advertisement

12 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Pls feedback to the auntie who can fry bee hoon with empty wok

rramykhor2009.jpg?VersionId=Ef.3LK1C4vue

Senior Minister of State for Sustainability and the Environment Amy Khor said that she hoped the high volume of recyclables collected from this scheme would incentivise the set up of domestic recycling facilities.

Dr Khor added that the sale of high-quality recyclable material itself would also help fund a significant part of implementing the scheme.

Every problem they solve by PAY and PAY..

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

What do you do with 365 used condoms?

Melt them down, make a tire and call it a Goodyear. 😆

🤨 ... 😮 ...😯 ...🤔 ... 😪

@Hoseyboh I so envious of you!  365 a year... it's one a day.  You must be fit and strong as a bull! 😁 

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator

how it will affect the kopitiam business leh? I not going to order my pokka oolong like that liao. 

Unless I return tray, i will get my can refund back! 😡

43 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

how it will affect the kopitiam business leh? I not going to order my pokka oolong like that liao. 

U never learn main lesson of 2008 crisis: Socialize costs and privatize gains. So tax all the peasants for bottles and let all the vendors huat when they ownself collect back the bottles

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, Si4dr said:

Confirm higher profit for these can/bottle drinks manufacturer.

1) mark up higher than 0.20

2) confirm will not 100% recycle so they earn the extras 0.20(minimum)

Can start buy their stock liao

yup.... consider 5 milion ppl.

take as average 1 bottle a day ... could be underestimate liao -...., 1.8billion bottles a year, 20c = $365million annual.

alot of this money will just go to sellers mark up... who takes that unredeemed mark up?

ALL the time, and carbon wasted travelling for redemption, how to count? Is it a recycling improvement?

It just looks like consumers just pay for the profits of un named parties all over.... what has recycling got to do with it? 

No better way meh.... 🤔

55 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I also thinking the same. If i buy can drinks from kopi tiam or my coffee shop downstairs, am I suppose to  take-away my empty cans and bring it to the machine for the deposit refund?  If like that, I can only hope they have the machines nearby. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Ender said:

Can start saving your empty cans now. Mid 2024, can bring out to collect money.

Funny...... already repeated the words of my wife. 🤨

• Haha! 3

10 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Took them long enough.. in Germany i think they had this for eons..

The system there works..... as do all the machines.

The number of time here my wife complained she went to put in my week's Tiger cans only for the machine to not work......she quickly gave up. Saying that, I only really heard the first complaint, rest a bit blur so no mental impact.

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Ahwhye said:

If I remember seeing or reading correctly somewhere most of this blue bin contents just get sent into incinerator niah, as most are considered contaminated just like the usual rubbish. it is just another wayang waste $ thing.

The guy looking after our bins, empties the the blue ones straight into the green ones.

We still go to the effort but, shrug, no idea what more we can do...... drive round to a recycle centre, burn fuel just so we can reduce our environmental impact? 🙄

For those already fighting with the aunties and uncles for the empty cans and bottles....please hold your horses....😅

I suspect each of these eligible containers will be marked from the factory to prevent people from profiteering eg. importing empty containers collected from overseas to be exchanged for cash.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, RH1667 said:

Nabei, i have collecting and dropping the plastic containers and tin can into the big blue re-cycle bin, means kanna short change for so many years.

Unfortunately my HDB too small, else will keep till 2 years later and one shot " re-cyle " all to collect back some $ 😆

Flatten the can.. Can store more of them in same space..  Don't know can will rust or not.

• Haha! 3

33 minutes ago, Ender said:

Flatten the can.. Can store more of them in same space..  Don't know can will rust or not.

Proper recycling machines usually only take unflattened cans and bottles to get refunds, being crushed inside. The big German ones inside Aldi/Lidl etc. are like this. Work really well - get a ticket with a barcode and containing the value of your refund. At any time can use the refund for discount at check-out or simply present the ticket to a cashier for cold hard cash.

Must be mindful, if already starting to hoard.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4