Short trip to see autumn leaves in US and Canada

steveluv

1 hour ago, therock said:

IIRC, you get 200 mb free on SQ business class? I guess you've used it all up haha

I asked the staff and was told no limit which was why I did not stop hahaha

• Praise 3

57 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Yes, very long, old bones can't take it :XD:

Actually this flight the seat is rather good can be converted into flat bed and the beddings are very soft and comfy. 

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, steveluv said:

Actually this flight the seat is rather good can be converted into flat bed and the beddings are very soft and comfy. 

It looks like a newly installed latest version lie flat.. very impressive

9 minutes ago, therock said:

Do report on the wait time at the customs, and how you're getting to the Autumn leaves too, thanks

We arrived at Newark Airport at about 5.30am surprisingly wasn’t crowded at all took less than 5 mins to clear immigration 

we will be driving all over, planned of course, visiting parks.

• Praise 4

3 minutes ago, steveluv said:

We arrived at Newark Airport at about 5.30am surprisingly wasn’t crowded at all took less than 5 mins to clear immigration 

we will be driving all over, planned of course, visiting parks.

Get an all parks annual pass... it's worth it if you cover enough parks:

https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/passes.htm

Bring a container for water just in case...

Tap water is potable in most parts of USA..

But gas stations are scarce in the wilderness

Check for any snow, not common at this time of the year, but always check the weather

Edited by therock
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Old-driver said:

fly from BKK is much much cheaper than Changi. prob $5-$6k. You can afford la.

BKK fly SQ biz class to NY, $5-6k SGD ah? 

1 hour ago, steveluv said:

So not all business class, seat can become flat bed? Only certain flight?

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

So not all business class, seat can become flat bed? Only certain flight?

Some airlines will label a premium economy seat as business, especially the short haul ones..

Some airlines like SIA offer the same lie flat seats even on their SIN - CGK route.. by the way the seat belt sign is off, you may get 10 mins of lie flat haha 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

when we booked in march for our july trip, sg to ny premium economy was 2.4k, business class was 5.8k, so just took business as like, an extra 3plus k, since alr spending so much for the trip, just factor in lor hahaha, some more 18.5 hours, better to be more comfortable 😅

Edited by SiLangKia
  • Praise 10

8 hours ago, 13177 said:

Yes depending on how far out you book. SLK got it at 5.8 as below and its from SIN which is usually more ex than say, BKK or KL.

6 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

when we booked in march for our july trip, sg to ny premium economy was 2.4k, business class was 5.8k, so just took business as like, an extra 3plus k, since alr spending so much for the trip, just factor in lor hahaha, some more 18.5 hours, better to be more comfortable 😅

18.5 hrs X 2 ways hahaha.... wuhua la

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

So the ticket price for business class on SQ is not fixed de? SG to NY was 5.8k?! 😂

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So the ticket price for business class on SQ is not fixed de? SG to NY was 5.8k?! 😂

SQ direct flight from SG is of course more expensive

SQ fly out from BKK and KL is cheaper :grin:

sometime i plan swee swee to go KL to run errand and then fly from KL to overseas directly ... cheaper ! lol

SQ has to sell air tickets cheaper for "stopover" in SG to connect

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

32 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Rates fluctuate - supply and demand...

At one point I got the direct flight for under 6k too, so I bought my wife a seat for our honeymoon... they also serve a nice cake if it's your birthday... I had so much, I treated my friends in economy... it was fun, they had a cart to bring the cake over, my friends there felt like VIP hahaha... 

And for such long flights, it's really worth it IMO... I was very swaku... didn't know how to operate the seats... and I was so impressed they knew my name and served food on a real plate... haha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5