Short trip to see autumn leaves in US and Canada

32 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So the ticket price for business class on SQ is not fixed de? SG to NY was 5.8k?! 😂

Rates fluctuate - supply and demand...

At one point I got the direct flight for under 6k too, so I bought my wife a seat for our honeymoon... they also serve a nice cake if it's your birthday... I had so much, I treated my friends in economy... it was fun, they had a cart to bring the cake over, my friends there felt like VIP hahaha... 

And for such long flights, it's really worth it IMO... I was very swaku... didn't know how to operate the seats... and I was so impressed they knew my name and served food on a real plate... haha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
12 minutes ago, therock said:

And for such long flights, it's really worth it IMO... I was very swaku... didn't know how to operate the seats... and I was so impressed they knew my name and served food on a real plate... haha

Biz and First, the air stewardess must address you by your name :grin:

• Haha! 1
Supersonic
11 minutes ago, therock said:

At one point I got the direct flight for under 6k too, so I bought my wife a seat for our honeymoon... they also serve a nice cake if it's your birthday... I had so much, I treated my friends in economy... it was fun, they had a cart to bring the cake over, my friends there felt like VIP hahaha... 

Travelling on business class sure they must know the passenger name, to make it more personal touch and high notch service. esp the ticket price is not cheap.

Heard same like when you buy those luxury brand cars, and when you go back to AD for car servicing, they also provide high notch service. Like know your name, provide nice and comfy lounge and also food.

I'm not the high flyer traveller la..

I got an upgraded seat for my first flight, I even bought a hamburger into the lounge, because I didn't know... the man at the reception even offered: "Sir, do you want a plate for that burrrgerrr" with a certain disdain.... and I was so impressed that I could eat my meals at anytime... I could get used to it, well my next flight was a cattle class sandwiched between two very 'well-rounded' guys.. let's just say, my elbows were giving their sides a good massage for a few hours.... hmm... 

• Haha! 3
Turbocharged
25 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Travelling on business class sure they must know the passenger name, to make it more personal touch and high notch service. esp the ticket price is not cheap.

Heard same like when you buy those luxury brand cars, and when you go back to AD for car servicing, they also provide high notch service. Like know your name, provide nice and comfy lounge and also food.

Sometimes end up some big shot bosses sitting near to you, will get an earful of how rich they are :secret-laugh:, usually I'll randomly kena when I was still flying for work.

• Haha! 1
Turbocharged
12 hours ago, steveluv said:

Actually this flight the seat is rather good can be converted into flat bed and the beddings are very soft and comfy. 

Enjoy the trip and take more pictures for us to enjoy too :=B:

• Praise 1

Supersonic
25 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Sometimes end up some big shot bosses sitting near to you, will get an earful of how rich they are :secret-laugh:, usually I'll randomly kena when I was still flying for work.

Thought big bosses should travel on First class? Business class to them should be quite low class right? Lol. Anyway, i also dont know what is the difference between First class and Business class? 

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

Biz and First, the air stewardess must address you by your name :grin:

Once i took econ, i was addressed by my name from gate => Board => Arrived.

😂

• Haha! 1
Supersonic
8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Once i took econ, i was addressed by my name from gate => Board => Arrived.

😂

If want them to address your name, just delay in boarding the plane, and your name would be broadcast over the PA and the staff at the gate would sure know your name. Lol.

• Haha! 3
1 minute ago, 13177 said:

If want them to address your name, just delay in boarding the plane, and your name would be broadcast over the PA and the staff at the gate would sure know your name. Lol.

SQ staff found me and brought me to the gate to board together with 1st class passenger.

I get off the plane together with biz class passenger while the rest of Econ class was watching.

• Haha! 1
Hypersonic
2 hours ago, therock said:

When I booking my flight to NY, I monitoring the flight price closely.

Within 2 days the or even inside a day the fluctuation is between $2k+ to $2.8k+ for a premium. I manage to bought it at $2078 for PE when I saw it reach the low point again. I bought ticket in late May for travel in Aug.

• Praise 5
Twincharged
22 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

when we booked in march for our july trip, sg to ny premium economy was 2.4k, business class was 5.8k, so just took business as like, an extra 3plus k, since alr spending so much for the trip, just factor in lor hahaha, some more 18.5 hours, better to be more comfortable 😅

I bought just a month ago so was like $8.5k per ticket considered lucky because thought its gonna be more than 10k 

• Praise 3
Twincharged

So I finally arrived Newark Airport yesterday (Wednesday) at 5.30am 

Immigration was a breeze took us less than 5min from queueing to exiting to get our luggage. 

Luggage trolley is rather expensive at US$6 and then it was the taxi to take us to the hotel and it costs $95 arriving in the hotel just before 7am. Check-in time was 4pm so we went for a walk around the hotel area had breakfast at McDonalds 

eDKC3u4.jpg

cqhMHh5.jpg

Alnnuwo.jpg

svVoQmn.jpg

Went to the hotel at 9.30am to hang around. The night before the hotel was fully booked so we have to wait for check-outs and cleaning. I asked the hotel manager about car rental he told be there's one just next street at 25th Street a mere 5mins walk. 

Was delighted to sort out my car rental on the spot. First is checking my driving license (Singapore and Thai) the staff told me its good both licenses could be use. Staff also told me car is good to drive into Canada and back just need to show the rental agreement. Also insurance is good for both US and Canada so no need anything extra. Total cost of the 10 days rental (including top insurance) was only US$1100, shockingly cheap. So I am basically all set for the trip. Will start driving on Saturday.

Very lucky also at 10.20am staff gave us the room key cards as a room was ready. Didn't go out as we slept in the hotel room till 8pm.

• Praise 11
Twincharged

Since woke up late went out to buy dinner. Here're scenes of me walking from 26th to 35th 

kHT2vxZ.jpg

oCmSFoP.jpg

csgI4fz.jpg

KkxuAEQ.jpg

QnnYRzS.jpg

Bought burger from here - Mooyah
b6hZONu.jpg

oyh9zBZ.jpg

The chef
rMHgBud.jpg

d73FweH.jpg

Very nice burger
QeSfg5e.jpg

• Praise 9

C'mon you can do better than burgers for two meals...

Even at that late hour, there's Chinese, Italian and more... or even a Philly Steak...

• Haha! 1
2 hours ago, steveluv said:

Continued the walk back

2M7SXGV.jpg

b7pBdRX.jpg

uxQvdC3.jpg

zDZD8xR.jpg

JvxEJaW.jpg

0RhBOsw.jpg

PloLits.jpg

a2JZBnH.jpg

Bought 2 slices of pizzas here
zPTlAPa.jpg

qTkE4e4.jpg

kzjCAEY.jpg

5WkRCNU.jpg

KN9tAyU.jpg

HLxXT7u.jpg

mwzJdyh.jpg

59lbMnh.jpg

QqDxDsh.jpg

New York "street art"?
sqLDKJS.jpg

biRh53o.jpg

It's only been 2 months since I was there and I'm alr missing US and NY badly hahahaha, can totally see myself migrating and living there

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3