Short trip to see autumn leaves in US and Canada

Hypersonic
9 hours ago, steveluv said:

So I finally arrived Newark Airport yesterday (Wednesday) at 5.30am 

Immigration was a breeze took us less than 5min from queueing to exiting to get our luggage. 

Luggage trolley is rather expensive at US$6 and then it was the taxi to take us to the hotel and it costs $95 arriving in the hotel just before 7am. Check-in time was 4pm so we went for a walk around the hotel area had breakfast at McDonalds 

eDKC3u4.jpg

cqhMHh5.jpg

Alnnuwo.jpg

svVoQmn.jpg

Went to the hotel at 9.30am to hang around. The night before the hotel was fully booked so we have to wait for check-outs and cleaning. I asked the hotel manager about car rental he told be there's one just next street at 25th Street a mere 5mins walk. 

Was delighted to sort out my car rental on the spot. First is checking my driving license (Singapore and Thai) the staff told me its good both licenses could be use. Staff also told me car is good to drive into Canada and back just need to show the rental agreement. Also insurance is good for both US and Canada so no need anything extra. Total cost of the 10 days rental (including top insurance) was only US$1100, shockingly cheap. So I am basically all set for the trip. Will start driving on Saturday.

Very lucky also at 10.20am staff gave us the room key cards as a room was ready. Didn't go out as we slept in the hotel room till 8pm.

Which rental company and car you rent?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

It's only been 2 months since I was there and I'm alr missing US and NY badly hahahaha, can totally see myself migrating and living there

Take Me Back to Chicago

Take me back to Chicago
And lay my soul to rest
Where my life was free and easy
Remember me at my best
Take me back to Chicago
Where my music was all I had
I tried to be good as I could
And sometimes that made me sad
Take me back to Chicago, to Chicago
Take me back
Take me back
To Chicago
I still dream of the lake of peacefulness
The warm summer breeze
'Cause my life was so much simpler then
Street corners and tastee freeze
Take me back to Chicago
'Cause hustlin's not my style
LA was just a bit too hard
I wish I could be a child
Livin' back in Chicago, in Chicago
Take me back
Take me back
To Chicago, to Chicago (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Take me back (take me back, take me)
Take me back (take me back, take me, I wanna go)

Edited by Freeder
  • Haha! 2
On 9/22/2022 at 11:44 PM, steveluv said:

Was delighted to sort out my car rental on the spot. First is checking my driving license (Singapore and Thai) the staff told me its good both licenses could be use. Staff also told me car is good to drive into Canada and back just need to show the rental agreement. Also insurance is good for both US and Canada so no need anything extra. Total cost of the 10 days rental (including top insurance) was only US$1100, shockingly cheap. So I am basically all set for the trip. Will start driving on Saturday.

There was a time, when I pick up a car in DFW, they gave me problem, why ask me why my Sg driving licence does not have expiry date ?

Every driving licence have expiry date, why does mine not have ?

• Haha! 1

Sorry for disappearing past 5 days was busy traveling. Its now 8.20am in Quebec, we just arrived last night at 7pm. Had time to arranged the photos and upload come videos. 

So my second morning there we had a great breakfast at a Johnny's Luncheonette on the next street.

mpVUSwG.jpg

lDw6zQt.jpg

Y0T5RyV.jpg

Love this place
HzvPSNA.jpg

That's Johnny
2sOSZVS.jpg

Here comes the breakfasts
joVGADs.jpg

YeL7fLx.jpg

• Praise 5