Johor man, 44, wins S$9.83 million M'sia lottery but plans to continue working in S'pore

Fitvip

Johor man, 44, wins S$9.83 million M'sia lottery but plans to continue working in S'pore

image.png.79e0810436e5a9b610fd1d6809579646.png

After winning close to RM32 million (S$9,830,000), a Malaysian man who lives in Johor said he plans to continue working in Singapore.

After winning close to RM32 million (S$9,830,000), a Malaysian man who lives in Johor said he plans to continue working in Singapore.

When he collected his winnings, the 44-year-old man told STM Lottery Sdn Bhd that he believes the chances of winning are higher when one’s expectations are lower.

"I often play Toto 4D Jackpot and Lucky Toto Mark Six (6/58) jackpot games to pass time when I am free. I never thought this day would come, when I would hit jackpot," he said.

Despite becoming an overnight millionaire, the man who works as a supervisor for a trading company in Singapore, said he will continue to work across the border.

He said:

"The winning numbers -- 1, 3, 9, 11, 26 and 47 are my favourite numbers that I bet on regularly. My wife and I are excited that our dream has come true. Although I now qualify for early retirement, I will not allow myself to slack and will continue to work in Singapore."

He added that he will use the money to pay off his housing loan, donate to charitable organisations, buy some properties and set up an education fund for his children.

The winning numbers of the Supreme Toto 6/58 were drawn and announced on Sep. 14.

He bought a System 8 ticket which won him RM31,949,992.85 (S$9,811,159), and an additional RM83,856 (S$26,000) as System Play bonus.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

He said:

"The winning numbers -- 1, 3, 9, 11, 26 and 47 are my favourite numbers that I bet on regularly. My wife and I are excited that our dream has come true. Although I now qualify for early retirement, I will not allow myself to slack and will continue to work in Singapore."

He added that he will use the money to pay off his housing loan, donate to charitable organisations, buy some properties and set up an education fund for his children.

With so much money, he can afford to stay in Singapore and not have to commute daily .. would probably make life easier for him ..

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Yeah right. He will come here and buy many properties and work as rental collector. Huat ah.

iras huat also ah .. absd for foreigner quite high haha

• Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Apply PR lo.

getting pr depends on his job too .. and pr also pay absd though less .. 

so even if he is pr, iras will still huat though less 😝

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Mooose said:

getting pr depends on his job too .. and pr also pay absd though less .. 

so even if he is pr, iras will still huat though less 😝

He got the money. Just open a nasi lemak stall, hire some locals, can get PR already.

• Haha! 3

I dont know, I have low expectation in life,  if I won $9mil, I will retire and enjoy life. Simi buy properties collect rent,  open business and hire people to run. For what? money never enough.  😄😄

Ok enough yadaing, now get back to work to earn my lunch😅😅

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

I will also continue to work if I strike such amount of money...... [nod]

Not so stressful work like a janitor in a production line company with many XMM employed. Every day can fetch one home with my Merc EQS 450 AMG[drivingcar]

As a janitor in production companies not so stressful as got rubbish to clear, clear it, not rubbish chit chat with XMM.... :inlove:

Morning report to work, park side by side with the GM lot. [sly]

:XD:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

4 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I will also continue to work if I strike such amount of money...... [nod]

Not so stressful work like a janitor in a production line company with many XMM employed. Every day can fetch one home with my Merc EQS 450 AMG[drivingcar]

As a janitor in production companies not so stressful as got rubbish to clear, clear it, not rubbish chit chat with XMM.... :inlove:

Morning report to work, park side by side with the GM lot. [sly]

:XD:

The xmm underage or not?😁

• Haha! 1

He intend to continue to work here cos he knows he will need to put the money in SGD and keep here. Later 1:4, he will have more money😂

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 6

i agree one should be prudence but at age 44 liao and got almost $10M 

no need to stretch so much la ...

still travel jb <> sg daily to work .... bike?

sekali kena accident and up lorry ... for what?

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i agree one should be prudence but at age 44 liao and got almost $10M 

no need to stretch so much la ...

still travel jb <> sg daily to work .... bike?

sekali kena accident and up lorry ... for what?

Maybe he bought G20 340 and hire a driver to drive him to Sg for work.

😂

• Haha! 3

I have a close relative who struck the jackpot few years ago. He stopped work, apportioned the prize money to his sons and kept the rest for himself and his wife.

He would meet up with friends, play games to past time.

• Praise 3