Singapore most in demand jobs (part time, full time, contract, etc)

Windwaver

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

You mean this, just because 377a lifted  ..... [sly]

:XD:

I only run a 100% law abiding business.

:D

↡ Advertisement

11 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

guys serving male patients

ladies can take both 

That's the issue, same with nursing. In fact, there are a lot of bias against men in a lot of other sectors.

I can understand when circumstances doesn't allow but sectors like admin, HR, front desk, call center, etc all prefer females :slow:.

Are we going to have a men's charter soon? :grin:

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Even $18 all goes into own pocket, but if the job is in F&B, many people still dont like to work. Maybe due to long working hours and less rest days.

But if the job is thru agencies, surely most part of the pay goes to them. I still remember donkey years ago i found one contract job thru agency, i got paid $7, but heard from the company that they were paying $12 to the agency.

Oh gosh, a good 41% goes to the agency for a $12 per hour job?

I can imagine how much goes to them if it's higher! :omg:

10 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Lack of cheap Chinese workers. So many stuck in lockdowns. There is also a lack of Chinese tourists as well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-62830326

Our businesses all used to cheap labor and forgot how to innovate.

All the lessons we learnt in COVID-19 gone in a matter of months.

How to innovate like that? :XD:

Ownself talk ownself song? 

image-2022-09-27-092921708.pngfile.png

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Our businesses all used to cheap labor and forgot how to innovate.

All the lessons we learnt in COVID-19 gone in a matter of months.

How to innovate like that? :XD:

Ownself talk ownself song? 

image-2022-09-27-092921708.pngfile.png

How to innovate when most biz has a short-term view only?

• Praise 1

All those part time jobs like F&B and factory cannot find takers, is it becos nowadays our youngsters don't want/don't need to work, or prefer to do more glam/modern jobs like influencer? Young and Students usually form a large part of the parttime/temp workforce.

I grew up in 80s/90s. From primary sch age, kids in my neighbourhood already started doing some form of income generating work. The very first income generating job I remember doing was selling otah and peanuts when I was around 8. Me and my bestie just walked up to the otah seller at our void deck and asked if he needed help. So we collected bag of otah and walked through the whole block knocking doors n shouting otah. I think sell 10 sticks earn 10c. Enough to buy sng bao (frozen ice lolly). By 10 I was helping parents sell vegetables from 2am to noon 7 days a week during sch holidays and sundays. As a teen, I also done part/temp jobs like factory, waiter, delivery, etc. I had a full time job when i was 16 and started contributing to my cpf account.

almost all the F&B have hiring ads banner outside their outlets, offer $12-$15/hr and i believe there are not many taker, so $18/hr is high bid to attract workers,

last time in F&B, there were agencies using foreign workers as 'intern' with 6 months contract and they will rotate batches of these intern to make sure constant supply of workers. 

35 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

All those part time jobs like F&B and factory cannot find takers, is it becos nowadays our youngsters don't want/don't need to work, or prefer to do more glam/modern jobs like influencer? Young and Students usually form a large part of the parttime/temp workforce.

I grew up in 80s/90s. From primary sch age, kids in my neighbourhood already started doing some form of income generating work. The very first income generating job I remember doing was selling otah and peanuts when I was around 8. Me and my bestie just walked up to the otah seller at our void deck and asked if he needed help. So we collected bag of otah and walked through the whole block knocking doors n shouting otah. I think sell 10 sticks earn 10c. Enough to buy sng bao (frozen ice lolly). By 10 I was helping parents sell vegetables from 2am to noon 7 days a week during sch holidays and sundays. As a teen, I also done part/temp jobs like factory, waiter, delivery, etc. I had a full time job when i was 16 and started contributing to my cpf account.

N to make matters worse, it's so damn blardy hard to get a work permit/S pass holder in.

Small biz are feeling the squeeze of manpower shortage. But well, my simplistic personal view is that the govt is using this to slap us back in our faces for complaining and down-voting them for letting foreigners (PMETs) in too easily. The last i know, locals are not really complaining about these work permit/S pass holders, the main grips is with the foreign PMETs holding EPs.

So, to me, this lingering "pain" felt by all of us stands as a reminder to "shut up, if not i'll tighten further" threat.

image.thumb.png.c577b31634237060ce4ce5e35a0675d3.pngimage.thumb.png.3ed52273a6aefaf35f0e73e4250815e3.png

The above quotas shown are for companies under the services industry. With 3 full-time locals under my payroll and yet cannot even hire 1 S pass or work permit? Well done...

The quota for S pass and work permit is almost the same for Manufacturing sectors as well. Even more well done....

Can u imagine what will happen when they impose similar restrictions on foreign PMETs? They can't do this, so they do it to the low wage workers in services that singaporeans need, but don't want to work in.

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-permit-for-foreign-worker/foreign-worker-levy/calculate-foreign-worker-quota

Edited by Rickster

7 minutes ago, Rickster said:

N to make matters worse, it's so damn blardy hard to get a work permit/S pass holder in.

Small biz are feeling the squeeze of manpower shortage. But well, my simplistic personal view is that the govt is using this to slap us back in our faces for complaining and down-voting them for letting foreigners (PMETs) in too easily. The last i know, locals are not really complaining about these work permit/S pass holders, the main grips is with the foreign PMETs holding EPs.

So, to me, this lingering "pain" felt by all of us stands as a reminder to "shut up, if not i'll tighten further" threat.

same for S pass, minimum wages for S pass is $3K - $4.5K, people also complain $3K-$4.5K cannot hire singaporean?

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I only run a 100% law abiding business.

:D

I believe you mis-spell again.... :we-all-gonna-die:

100% LRaw you mean [sly]

use protective please. remember "Monkeypox" risk

:grin:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

young 16yo nowadays prefer to shoot tiktok or speculate cryptos

hao lian to peers if successful

parents pay if lose money 🤣

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

same for S pass, minimum wages for S pass is $3K - $4.5K, people also complain $3K-$4.5K cannot hire singaporean?

It is true. My wife's business struggling to hire locals even with a pay range of $4-5K. 

Because locals mostly wants jobs that have long term prospect, which I don't blame them. I also don't want my kids to be in a dead-end job or low growth prospect job unless it's their passion. 

... and our govt knows this. That's y my guess is that they are out to screw the voters and to remind us to shut up and stop complaining about foreigners before they open the flood gates again.... but for PMETs.

Edited by Rickster

The problem is with local bosses all playing the foreign worker games. They refuse to pay Singaporeans high and use Singaporeans to meet their quota to hire FTs at lower cost. As the saying goes, 上有政策,下有对策。 

How to be fair leh?? Paying more for part timers....I don't believe so 

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, 13177 said:

Even $18 all goes into own pocket, but if the job is in F&B, many people still dont like to work. Maybe due to long working hours and less rest days.

But if the job is thru agencies, surely most part of the pay goes to them. I still remember donkey years ago i found one contract job thru agency, i got paid $7, but heard from the company that they were paying $12 to the agency.

These F&B businesses go to agencies is largely because of hiring quotas and outsource the HR administrative headache. If u contract a waiter/cook from an agency, this person is NOT considered part of your headcount.

↡ Advertisement