'I'm Happy just to get by'

RadX

30 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Since about 5 yrs ago, i no longer desire what i use to desire as a 30 something.

Generally dress simple, eat simple. Enjoy occasions as deem fit. Smoke my cigars, wear my Rolexes.  No intention to buy or replace my cars until near COE end.

target to be 100% retire at 55 to be more active and travel more, experience more. 
And stop all the chasing.  

Welcome to quiet quitting the ratrace 😁

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
59 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

Bro Karoon, I know where you're coming from . .  you are young and restless type, your lifestyle has less challenges, easily satisfied and contented . . . U are also fulfilling JB's economy, nothing wrong and we can appreciate your good contributions, for many of us, our days has done our duty, we look for something else to enjoy, play and read a book, many has health issue once hit 50s . . . 

More so a calming when we are force to seek medical care and Polyclinic is affordable, we think are are fit, healthy and abled body can carry us through 60-70, however everyone of out body has different DNA and medical history . No doctors can say you are in your pink of Health, one fine day, here, there and somewhere long lost illness pops up . . . then we realised times to have relax mode of enjoyment is up . . . I succumbed to 2 common treatment, High Blood Pressure and Cholesterol_ Most comforting words the clinic doctor_He said in my face: " Let us help you, let us work with you  . . . "     I AM SO TOUCHED

Thank you for the compliment. But i am almost 50, and my past jobs have loads of stress that playing cat and mouse with ICA people is almost cathartic  :D

1 hour ago, yishunite said:

Welcome to quiet quitting the ratrace 😁

That was more than 5 yrs ago.

and i was in my own race, against myself.  Quite different

My take, U can pia and pia for career but as the saying goes, U gain some, U sacrifice some. Was in the toilet cubicle and hear a sigh, and I am wondering..wah ! which colleague so stress sia. When I am done with my business and wash hand, then saw the "sigher" . It was the CEO.

So it get me thinking, worth it or not. Stressful at work but annual package is in millions. 😀

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

25 minutes ago, Rollagt said:

My take, U can pia and pia for career but as the saying goes, U gain some, U sacrifice some. Was in the toilet cubicle and hear a sigh, and I am wondering..wah ! which colleague so stress sia. When I am done with my business and wash hand, then saw the "sigher" . It was the CEO.

So it get me thinking, worth it or not. Stressful at work but annual package is in millions. 😀

Still must depends on individual lo. Even though some people are stressful at work and high earner, but since they are workaholic and so they like to have such lifestyle lo. 😂

• Praise 1

Rust time , the harder u work , the luckier u get meaning more opportunities..

Current time , the harder u work , the more shit u get if the open leg policies continues..

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Rollagt said:

The higher you are the more responsibility you have. Your one decision can affect hundreds or thousands of people. Can be very stressful.

The key here is everyone cannot think the same way, just want to enjoy life. If everyone thinks and act on it, the economy will collapse and all will suffer.

so next time when someone boasts about working hard, getting promotions and salary raise, pls encourage them and praise them. They need to work hard so that the rest who are content with simple life can carry on 

• Haha! 4

31 minutes ago, Fitmugen said:

The key here is everyone cannot think the same way, just want to enjoy life. If everyone thinks and act on it, the economy will collapse and all will suffer.

so next time when someone boasts about working hard, getting promotions and salary raise, pls encourage them and praise them. They need to work hard so that the rest who are content with simple life can carry on 

What is scarier is an entire generation of youth lies flat like in China.

On 10/1/2022 at 2:50 PM, Throttle2 said:

That was more than 5 yrs ago.

and i was in my own race, against myself.  Quite different

I envy you. 30+ 5 years ago mean you are only 40 and enjoying life. Not many can afford this here. 

41 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I envy you. 30+ 5 years ago mean you are only 40 and enjoying life. Not many can afford this here. 

5-6yrs + ago i was 43-44 to be exact.  Not 40 lah

Twincharged

Another apt moment to repeat this. 

THE MEXICAN FISHERMAN

Insightful story by Heinrich Böll

An American businessman was standing at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellow fin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish.

“How long did it take you to catch them?” The American asked.

“Only a little while.” The Mexican replied.

“Why don’t you stay out longer and catch more fish?” The American then asked.

“I have enough to support my family’s immediate needs.” The Mexican said.

“But,” The American then asked, “What do you do with the rest of your time?”

The Mexican fisherman said, “I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take a siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos. I have a full and busy life, senor.”

The American scoffed, “I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds you could buy a bigger boat, and with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, and eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats.”

“Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the consumers, eventually opening your own can factory. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise.”

The Mexican fisherman asked, “But senor, how long will this all take?”

To which the American replied, “15-20 years.”

“But what then, senor?”

The American laughed and said, “That’s the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions.”

“Millions, senor? Then what?”

The American said slowly, “Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take a siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos…”

• Haha! 5

On 10/4/2022 at 2:25 PM, inlinesix said:

What is scarier is an entire generation of youth lies flat like in China.

Thankfully, yet, I think it's still a relatively low percentage but it's a philosophy building steam.

• Praise 1

On 10/3/2022 at 9:48 PM, Rollagt said:

01578643-E50B-4A42-9E2E-A7B17D6CD75E.png

• Haha! 3

On 10/1/2022 at 1:41 PM, Karoon said:

Thank you for the compliment. But i am almost 50, and my past jobs have loads of stress that playing cat and mouse with ICA people is almost cathartic  :D

Welcome to the 50s era, I have passed this era & there is tomorrow and yesterday months and years ahead of me, just enjoy while you can till the Sunset on us, Relax, Chill and appreciate cordial friendships what you have.

MCF was one of my place where I saw Sunhine and Sunset of how folks manage their well being and being older and wiser, My only wish to learn was " WISDOM " , whereby I was successful and rising the ladder . . . only regret was to have a hand-on Mentor by my side, instead I read books and needs Inspiration from folks who were close to me for discreet mentorship. 

U may also need a companion, G/f or Wife who knows you well enough, appreciate your strength and work on your weakness to improve your work place, priority over responsibility, Wants Vs Needs and all sort of daily challenges at your disposal.

Not all Men needs it, some do and some work at their own pace, it also depends if you needs more space to do your own thing alone.

Your companion or soulmate is very important to your Success, don't waste time fighting ICA, HDB or G sectors ( been there and done that ). 😜

I wish people who get by stop bragging!

I cannot make ends meet.

COE went down and now all my stock of used cars

have lost value!

:D

Haiz all the peep getting by stop bragging please.

Spare a thought for the less fortunate people.

Thank you!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1