'I'm Happy just to get by'

RadX

CNA Insider just had a program a little while ago about the same in China, you get generations just giving up.....just get by.

Get out of the rat-race, earn and work just enough.....then go eat and play basketball. It's a small percentage in China but the worry is if the second largest economy slips faster than it will, due to an unmotivated younger generation.

↡ Advertisement

7 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Eh... from quiet quitting to quitting 5Cs when our fertility rate is 1.1 ... gahmen should consider why the most natural human activity is not leading to children. This tells you the whole sustainability of this high stress life required to "stay competitive" is impossible. Japan is so bad ah? Then why everyone like to go there for holiday? They have everything but they cannot enjoy. No wonder Japanese youngster all want something else than what their parents tell them. Growth at all cost ironically lead to loss of so many other important things in life... no.1 from national perspective is replacing the population.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapores-population-ageing-rapidly-184-of-citizens-are-65-years-and-older

Ironically hardly anyone seems to be able to see the connection between these two. Our ministers should go talk to the zookeepers and ask how they deal with animals in breeding program that wont mate lol

Japan is another quiet "steam pressure cooker" which has already leaking out some "steam".

3 minutes ago, bsswan said:

CNA Insider just had a program a little while ago about the same in China, you get generations just giving up.....just get by.

Get out of the rat-race, earn and work just enough.....then go eat and play basketball. It's a small percentage in China but the worry is if the second largest economy slips faster than it will, due to an unmotivated younger generation.

This was screened 2 wks ago. Some movement of lying back … “Tang ping “

“the Slacker Generation “

for now it’s only those few but it may spread 

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I am so envious of the comfy people here.

I cannot buy what I want.

No hitman will take my money.

They all too frighten.

:D

u stay in ur retirement thread lah… u too

high up liao😂😂

• Haha! 4

1 minute ago, RadX said:

u stay in ur retirement thread lah… u too

high up liao😂😂

Not high enough for some people.

My MIL wish I was higher up.

:D

image.png.8ce23e72772a4f0547a33ee45ccefee8.png

• Haha! 4

All those 5Cs mentality should be long gone. When I was younger, I pursue them too. Lucky for me, upon pursuing, it increases my capability and circle. Thus I have another 2 Cs into my pocket. 

Then I realize that it has to be another way round. When you have Capability and Circle, many other Cs will follow.....Just don't Crash. 

In order not to crash, you just got to be Contented

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, RadX said:

I blame wooden Goh for this lo😂😂 

Swiss std of living …. Yeah, roghtttt… we have part of it, that’s the SWISS COST OF LIVING , not standard 

And his HDB "asset enhancement" crap. 

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha! 3

Just now, Kklim said:

And his HDB "asset enhancement" crap. 

his complicit sidekick...MABOK tan

• Haha! 1

46 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Thought car and condo, many still chasing it and want to own them?

Condo yes, not car. based on my interaction with my interns... 😅

Even that, many feels that condo is out of reach.. so GG. 

24 minutes ago, RadX said:

that not mate but FORNICATE lah....😄

Whahahahahaha.. sigh.. looking back should remember another important C.. condom! Whahahahahahaha.. knn for those young men out there don think only men love RAW hoh.. and don think withdrawal work hoh.. not abt yr skill but her leg to kiap u! Whahahahahaha.. ok back to topic..

family planning not easy.. i got 3 kids but never know the cost to bring them up can escalate so much so fadt..this is something unaccounted for.. so now slaving my life to keep the salary in..

ok got to go.. boss moaning for me..

• Haha! 1

I don't remember who said it but capitalism is like playing poker or barn luck game. Even if everyone starts at a fairly level playing field, as time goes by, the money pot will eventually goes to only one or a few players and most will end up to be "break even or losers" so to speak.

Compared with 20 yrs ago, the current era is a world of dime a dozen multi billionaires and mega corporations. New players will rightly feel that the chasm is much bigger than it was before. With SG's significantly improved living standards now, it unfortunately makes ppl more comfortable to stay "break even" rather than fight harder as it's no longer about bread and butter survival. 

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2

56 minutes ago, RadX said:

This was screened 2 wks ago. Some movement of lying back … “Tang ping “

“the Slacker Generation “

for now it’s only those few but it may spread 

It's already everywhere, like half the young people I meet are like that leh.

↡ Advertisement