Samsung phones with swollen battery

Lala81

It could be the BMS or battery management system unique to the brand that is the problem. The ppl i know using samsung smartphones have had at least one battery replacement. Mostly due to cannot hold charge. Bloating like dont have. The users always comment about their phones getting really hot to use.

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

So far not experienced it. My s9+ battery was swapped earlier this year and it wasnt swollen. 

My very old iPad also

Original  battery 

battery got lifespan one 

once bloated change battery change phone

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

So far not experienced it. My s9+ battery was swapped earlier this year and it wasnt swollen. 

He did mentioned Samsung sold 300mil ~ 1bil phones. It's definitely one of the largest phone makers.

So statistic-wise, if any battery were to bloat, the number on SS will be the highest. Isn't it ?

• Praise 1

This already happening since the S4 period. So now it depends which suppliers they have. If they did not kick out the old supplier and continue using them. Too bad

• Praise 1

i changed my note 10plus battery recently at neigbhorhood shop.

now battery is new and last longer.... probably can use for another 3 good years... hopefully

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Samsung is too complacent. Spent too much on advertisement of its flagship phones but lack QC in critical area.
Lost a lot of faith and goodwill in Samsung high-end phones several years ago after the batteries in my Note 1 and Note 4 swollen up big.
However seems like that their mid-range and lower-end models and their tablets are perfectly fine though. Got a Galaxy Tab A since 2015/2016 and it is still working alright. Likewise for a couple of lowly models already several years old. 

I think it is not a Samsung only problem. I had a samsung note 2 (i think) and 2 LGs  batt bloated, my MIL had a Sony Ericson also recently batt same thing. I remember long long ago during Motorola Era also I had the same batt problem before.

So, I believe is more of a batt issue than the Brand issue, and main cause of it is likely overcharging. [laugh][laugh][laugh] 

• Praise 1

49 minutes ago, Ender said:

My redmi note 8 pro also bloated. Change myself to 3rd party battery.

Yeah, I also self change but expensive phones better go service center.

28 minutes ago, Actan72 said:

i changed my note 10plus battery recently at neigbhorhood shop.

now battery is new and last longer.... probably can use for another 3 good years... hopefully

Wah you brave, how much?

16 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

You need to send one downunder ...  [sly]

:grin:

I also bought her an Iphone and an Ipad to use down below.

Comes with all the charging cables too.

:D

image.png.c50acd80ba4af0e715cc983c092c8551.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5