Singapore’s MOH looking for recruitment agency to help recruit 240 doctors from India

Fitvip

6 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I don't buy that. At the polyclinic or if you are under subsidized care, you simply don't get to choose. Based on that logic, all locally trained doctors are probably sub standard.

↡ Advertisement

Don’t be fooled by only 2 Indian medical colleges accepted in Singapore.  They can produce more than ours can & graduates from more than one cohort can apply. 

Local trained Drs tend to leave.  Indian / foreign Drs tend to remain in public sector.  Gradually, their proportion will increase.  Future graduates will have fewer chances to be promoted.  Look at the staff proportions at the smaller public hospital & when the new one opens (somewhere in Woodlands or Tuas?)

Those who remain in public service will eventually be running the public institutions and become part of your govt.  Don’t believe? How many “ex-PR’s” already in such positions?

Talk to native Sg people who have spent large sums of money on their children’s education (after serving NS) only to realise their kids feel short-changed   

National cohesion is not from putting up a big show at NDP.  It is from giving your own people a real home.   Not from living in an office space where “meritocracy” is used to import people considered more useful.  There is something wrong with your public healthcare system, MOH. Fix it.

Disclaimer: I am not blind to the fact that we need FT’s.  It is not the principle but the implementation that I am criticising.   Don’t create some straw man argument about how it is impossible to function without importing talent etc etc.  People have seen through that tactic

• Praise 7

On 9/29/2022 at 9:04 AM, mikk123 said:

more specifically, our education, our healthcare system. We can't train enough doctor? doc from other country are better? why some many doc giving up working in public and go private? too many lah. 

We want to be medical hub and all those medical tourists from other countries add to the demand. Even in public hospitals. How cum no one mentions this leh? Cos it is too lucrative for the garmen. Think of all the money they spend here.

Why not add a 50% ABSD equivalent to manage external demands? Or have a COE system allocating maybe 5000 slots per month for anyone wanting to seek treatments here? 

Edited by Volvobrick

On 9/29/2022 at 8:39 AM, Mustank said:

Wage cost going too high 

Singapore could be hurt

Have to source for lower cost labour

没有办法的

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/wage-increase-high-cost-living-lawrence-wong-2005681

5E5D5577-7FEF-4352-845B-E6660E0DED27.png

What kind of speech is this?

Never hear them complain their wages increase too quickly? Oh yah, they were super high in the first place.

He mean citizens cannot ask for wage increase to cope with inflation? Knn…

• Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I don't buy that. At the polyclinic or if you are under subsidized care, you simply don't get to choose. Based on that logic, all locally trained doctors are probably sub standard.

Well, that’s straight from horse mouth.

Based on what logic?

6 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

I hope whoever employed the foreign doctors did a real thorough check to minimize such occurrence or fake certification. Too many fake nowadays. 

C9BF5993-84FE-4D95-85D9-605BC4390A97.gif

What has singapore become to? 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 3

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Well, that’s straight from horse mouth.

Based on what logic?

Based on the logic that no patient wants to be treated by a trainee doctor. 

9 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Based on the logic that no patient wants to be treated by a trainee doctor. 

Your polyclinic doesn’t have trainee doctor.

Not my logic. It is feedback from a practising Doctor 

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

What kind of speech is this?

Never hear them complain their wages increase too quickly? Oh yah, they were super high in the first place.

He mean citizens cannot ask for wage increase to cope with inflation? Knn…

Brother ah brother 

how we compare with big people :XD:

People salary increase, could hurt Singapore lah, need to keep a lid on sharp wage increase, assure you will cushion inflation impact

meanwhile, big people enjoy salary hike wor

3CB09740-FB92-463A-B942-B5FDA976D78E.png

• Praise 1
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Brother ah brother 

how we compare with big people :XD:

People salary increase, could hurt Singapore lah, need to keep a lid on sharp wage increase, assure you will cushion inflation impact

meanwhile, big people enjoy salary hike wor

3CB09740-FB92-463A-B942-B5FDA976D78E.png

Big peeper must increase and offer high celery to attract talents. 

Small peeper wages are costs to the economy and make Sg uncompetitive. 

Hard truth. Suck it up! 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 4
  • Sad 1

On 10/1/2022 at 3:18 PM, inlinesix said:

can send them to overseas hospital to do the necessary practical.  if there is the will, there is a way.

8 minutes ago, JanM said:

can send them to overseas hospital to do the necessary practical.  if there is the will, there is a way.

“One of the reasons why our student quality is considered good generally, is cos the training standards is pretty decent.

U want to have diluted training, just look at across the border.”

4 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Actually I have a question.

If a subsidized patient needs to go for a surgery, how does a public hospital assign a surgeon for him/her?

you mean none of your family or relatives been to a public hospital as subsidized patient? 

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

you mean none of your family or relatives been to a public hospital as subsidized patient? 

There is but I'm not sure how the surgeon is assigned for a subsidized patient.

I know how it works as a private patient.

11 hours ago, inlinesix said:

“One of the reasons why our student quality is considered good generally, is cos the training standards is pretty decent.

U want to have diluted training, just look at across the border.”

Then we bring in 'quality' doctors from 1 source? Who will be responsible to ensure the quality? Can we hold them to that and no more excuses? 

↡ Advertisement