My quest for finding the perfect MPV for my family

Ctaiwee

8 minutes ago, Ctaiwee said:

@Watwheels when the kids grow up, the integrated child seats comes in handy no the Sharan or Alhambra, it’s school every for the older one and soon both . It’s 7 people every weekdays, so yes as much I do drive it alone at times, you wish you had the space instead not driving two cars to get to the same location  

To me it is about the choices you make.

You can just go ahead. Many parents have the same idea anyway but they will realised they not made of steel.

↡ Advertisement

30 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Just ask yourself how much time you are on the road? How much of that time is you drive alone? If you need more space you can always get roof accessories. How fast your kids will grow up? I can tell you that you will want to change car early. I have been there done that. Several individuals posted the same question and requirements similar to yours. You can always search and read. 

Reason why there are not many choices in the market is because it is quite pointless to be honest. Like I mentioned you will be the only one in the car most of the time.

Of course there are some alternate choices like Merc V-class, Hyundai Grand Starex or their futuristic Staria other than what others had suggested. 

I went from thinking to changing, and the idea of MPV just went pass without me knowing. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 4

To a certain extent, I feel TS overcompensate.

This resulted in overthinking.

The best car for 2 baby is Mini Cab.

Backseat has 2 isofix point.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I went from thinking to changing, and the idea of MPV just went pass without me knowing. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yeah. Every parent will have the same idea but once time flies, simi mpv?

• Haha! 1

i am also searching for 7 seater but i got budget constraint so only can shorlisted New Sienta, Freed and Outlander...i think no perfect car but most suitable car..i think TS's budget is quite ok thus plenty of choices in the market now....')

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, wongpumpkins said:

i am also searching for 7 seater but i got budget constraint so only can shorlisted New Sienta, Freed and Outlander...i think no perfect car but most suitable car..i think TS's budget is quite ok thus plenty of choices in the market now....')

He also looks for MPV with isofix on row 2 & 3.

That's is more difficult in our market.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Just ask yourself how much time you are on the road? How much of that time is you drive alone? If you need more space you can always get roof accessories. How fast your kids will grow up? I can tell you that you will want to change car early. I have been there done that. Several individuals posted the same question and requirements similar to yours. You can always search and read. 

Reason why there are not many choices in the market is because it is quite pointless to be honest. Like I mentioned you will be the only one in the car most of the time.

Of course there are some alternate choices like Merc V-class, Hyundai Grand Starex or their futuristic Staria other than what others had suggested. 

Most likely in the end, it will be a Sharan when driving with family; and get a 2nd car perhaps a VW Sirocco for chilling out when alone.😁

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

I think if you pay someone,can have the ISO Fix fitted to the Rear Seats,in this World nothing is impossible with Money...pay $260,000 a Alphard,pay someone that indent Seats...maybe $20,000..i am sure this could be done.

Those iso fix points are directly linked to the chassis as far as I can see. Take off the plastic iso fix covers on your 240i and look at the iso fix mounts - they are the same colour as your chassis paint.

There are bracket retrofit kits but it doesn't look like they will have the same safety profile of a factory system.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Can Child Seats just use the Car's Safety Belts.?

Can one lah! My kid grew up without isofix. But whoever pays should just decide what he wants. No need to justify to anyone else. 

• Praise 2

Come to Tomyam land, we got MCF bros here with big land, big house, big cars and motorbike🤣

Another friend here kept his dream, wife got Toyota Majesty and he got his Porky😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

16 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Can.its what those extremely portable child seats depend on if you need to use taxis..etc.But Isofix means that the child seat will not move since it's tethered to the car itself.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Can one lah! My kid grew up without isofix. But whoever pays should just decide what he wants. No need to justify to anyone else. 

A lifetime ago and in a place far away both my brother and I travelled everywhere sitting on my father's motorbike petrol tank 🤣.

His good fortune that he never had an accident.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

15 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Most likely in the end, it will be a Sharan when driving with family; and get a 2nd car perhaps a VW Sirocco for chilling out when alone.😁

The car comes pretty much fix. What family friendly feature it has, there isnt a lot of options. You cant force a car to give you what you want, it is not a living thing. You look for ways to adapt to your priorities. That's what ppl do. There will surely be compromises.

For example space, if you want abundant space you get a van-like mpv, dont have enough luggage space then get roof accessories. Cant go into a carpark because of height restrictions. LoL...want to look for the perfect car? There is no such thing to be honest. You have to make compromises when it comes to a car.

Two cars is more of a lifestyle like you point out. COE is so high it is really not a wise option.

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

To me isofix seats are not flexible and take up more space. More bulky at the base, you cannot squeeze a person in the middle when you have two. Of course some ppl find it tedious to tie down the seats with seat belts. Takes more time and effort. And then some ppl cant secure the seats properly, becomes not safe. Actually both type of seats got pros and cons.

Some ppl I see dont even care. The kid is just all over the car.

It is the mindset. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, shrjun said:

A lifetime ago and in a place far away both my brother and I travelled everywhere sitting on my father's motorbike petrol tank 🤣.

His good fortune that he never had an accident.

As I said previously, TS overcompensate for having kids in his 40s.

On the other hand, there is more traffic travelling at higher speed nowadays.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

To me isofix seats are not flexible and take up more space. More bulky at the base, you cannot squeeze a person in the middle when you have two. Of course some ppl find it tedious to tie down the seats with seat belts. Takes more time and effort. And then some ppl cant secure the seats properly, becomes not safe. Actually both type of seats got pros and cons.

Some ppl I see dont even care. The kid is just all over the car.

It is the mindset. 

It's just for that % chance in case of an accident . Who knows how an accident will play out . Doubt manufacturers whack the car during testing of safety from all directions and at all speeds . 

2 minutes ago, shrjun said:

It's just for that % chance in case of an accident . Who knows how an accident will play out . Doubt manufacturers whack the car during testing of safety from all directions and at all speeds . 

If the kid is strap in the seat that is properly secured the chances of survival will most definitely increase. There is no guarantee when it comes to safety. What ppl do is take it for granted.

↡ Advertisement