My quest for finding the perfect MPV for my family

Ctaiwee

5 hours ago, Ctaiwee said:

The sliding doors like the Alphard and the middle aisle walkthrough is still the best configuration, I do hope in future that car makers can see that it’s only logical to get the kids to sit at the back row (so please get ISOFix at the back in the 3rd row) and have the prized middle seats to the elderly folks, 

I think that's not really the majority of use cases. Your situation is a bit unique.

Most MPV typically cater to those with 3-4 kids, with those using child seat in second row (easier to access), and slightly older kids who don't need child seat in the third row. Most of the time the third row is just a temporary solution, not meant to sit for long one.

If you want to ferry both adults and child seats, you will likely need something pretty huge.

• Praise 1

Once in a while, when i fetch my parents out to eat with my kids. My wife/mother/p4 girl squeeze together into 2/3 of the back seats.

Lol. Seatbelt still applied but to my girl + my wife/mother.

But maybe 1-2 times a year. And usually for 15-20mins max.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Can one lah! My kid grew up without isofix. But whoever pays should just decide what he wants. No need to justify to anyone else. 

Millions of kids grew up without seat belts. 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Maybe @Ctaiweecan share if he belts up in every seat of the car when he doesn’t drive or if he also insist that all passengers belt up in all seats. 
Many don’t bother to belt up in the rear seats with the fallacy that it is safer! 
maybe need to put such people as crash dummies then they fully understand. 

for me if belts are provided just use it .

• Praise 1

@Mkl22 that is why i said this Guy very troublesome,must have ISOFix..must big Boot Space,must have good Power,with low Road Tax & Cat A COE..,MPV Size not too big Blah blah.this type of MPV only can dream of.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 7

1 minute ago, ER-3682 said:

@Mkl22 that is why i said this Guy very troublesome,must have ISOFix..must big Boot Space,must have good Power,with low Road Tax & Cat A COE..,MPV Size not too big Blah blah.

ok ok... you mean ai pee ai chee ai tua liap nee?😁

@Jamesc will probably understand this better if you phrase it this way. 😊

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

11 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

@Mkl22 that is why i said this Guy very troublesome,must have ISOFix..must big Boot Space,must have good Power,with low Road Tax & Cat A COE..,MPV Size not too big Blah blah.this type of MPV only can dream of.

Just buy 1 Mini Cab + 1 Golf GTI.

Swee swee liao

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

ok ok... you mean ai pee ai chee ai tua liap nee?😁

@Jamesc will probably understand this better if you phrase it this way. 😊

@Jamescwill kick him out..if he tell him...the MPV He want.

• Haha! 1

@ER-3682 

Being called trouble some for knowing what I want. 🤣 I don’t like the government telling me what to do leh. So when I want to do things my way, I’m called an opposition.

Maybe a lot of people will thinks it’s an overkill with my choices , but why Chance it to someone else.  I’m quite confident about my driving. Not been on a accident for 30 years of my driving got my license at 18. But I don’t own the road and I am not the only one driving on the road . I have to share the road with many others who will be a better driver then me or worst. 

Accidents happen every day on the road and I don’t want to be in one, no one want it too. But it happens, and if it does  not happen,  all the repair workshop can close shop.

So my kid’s safety is my Priority, not yours and anyone else. So if someone wants to have their kids without seat belt or non isofix seats  it’s fine, do what you think is fine. what is good for you might not be good for me. To each his own.

I lived in Australia and Germany for almost 15 years before coming back home to singapore. So seat belts at the back seats is normal for my and my family. And to be clear, ISOFIX is proven to be better in many independent test.

https://heycar.co.uk/guides/what-is-isofix

Well, I did find the ride that has almost has all these needs , and it comes with a 1.4l engine too. But I went for the second best option with a 2.0l in instead. ISOFIX still is the most important, till you have a crash then you will know. But I don’t wish anyone to have one.

also it not Pee by the way, at over 200k and Half going to COE, it’s not Chee either it’s an old model that will be discounted. Or if Chee means good, well it’s a VW so it’s ok lah!

also I didn’t  mention Cat A leh, I said as cheap as possible. With all those points. And my choice happen to be a Cat B anyway, even if I had chosen the 1.4L engine it’s still Cat B because it over 150BHP

Edited by Ctaiwee
  • Praise 4

It’s not the best MPV , it’s the best MPV option for me in my opinion at this moment to cater for my needs and requirements.

The chapter was already done at the first post, I’ve already written in down that I went for the Sharan. 

Edited by Ctaiwee
  • Praise 2

@Ctaiwee No  need to tell the Brothers & Sisters here on your Decision,Money is Yours,by the way,are you working with Volkswagen Singapore.?If not it is alright,Members here bought SuperCars & Very Expensive Saloon,also no need to explain their Purchases.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1