My quest for finding the perfect MPV for my family

Ctaiwee

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Same with another chap here. All cars he buys are the best. And then when he changes them every 1-2 years, lots of justifications come out as to why. And then why the next one suits his needs better. 

doesn’t bother me too much. Some just need their time of day to gloat about their purchase. And to affirm to themselves only their decision was the right one. 

From your words that chap is definitely getting on your nerve haha. Anyway do not let this affect others who might take it negatively. This forum is a car forum first and foremost. If everyone would be owning cars for 10 years so sharing only every 10 years, not sharing as scared to be accused of gloating, then this place is effectively going to be a dead town. 

To me there are always 2 sides to a coin. You could conclude that the chap is trying to gloat, justify his decision, blah blah blah but he could simply be trying to share his user experience to benefit others in the forum. Enthusiasm aside, unless only the good aspects are shared then something is wrong with the review. We could always decide if what the person shared is true or just BS as we can see the facts being presented to back up his story. Anyway so be it lah. Life still goes on.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

It’s a six figure expense… so it’s natural to have a desire to share, seek validation and get praises 

there’s no need to feel aggrieved or make others feel so if the choice or thought process doesn’t agree with us 👌 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

17 hours ago, therock said:

Yep, but I don't really need 7 seats right now, the plus two arrangement works fine..

The convenient of sliding doors is nice, a compact model like the Freed is nice, but I will appreciate a bit more power. And I'm not sure if any of these have side airbags?

The Voxy is a nice one too, no looks, but very practical indeed...

Yes, the voxy! [thumbsup]

It builded so much interest in me and my son after taking it twice on grab. So much that I actually went to the PIs to find out more about this car. 

Very practical car. Good space, nice layout, and not really so big.  Only issue is spec so very basic, other than the look of course, and mainly use as PHV here.

But my "want" changes, and I am now back to the sedan mode. Next car likely will still be a sedan, or at most maybe a wagon. Comfort is my "need" now. .[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

It builded so much interest in me and my son after taking it twice on grab. So much that I actually went to the PIs to find out more about this car. 

Very practical car. Good space, nice layout, and not really so big.  Only issue is spec so very basic, other than the look of course, and mainly use as PHV here.

But my "want" changes, and I am now back to the sedan mode. Next car likely will still be a sedan, or at most maybe a wagon. Comfort is my "need" now. .[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ah, I thought the Noah was the basic one.. I guess PIs can bring any version / spec in... how's the power / acceleration? 

Maybe when prices become more sane.. haha

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, ER-3682 said:

@therock Some Brothers & Sisters buy SuperCars,High End Lux Car & MPV with 7 Figures also never tell us here.

Got la. Subtly.

Depends on we catch it or not.

They don’t start a thread

• Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, therock said:

Ah, I thought the Noah was the basic one.. I guess PIs can bring any version / spec in... how's the power / acceleration? 

Maybe when prices become more sane.. haha

Oh yes the Noah is even more basic. The PI SE showed me a raw Noah, sold but not done up yet, and mind you, it was really RAW.

My understanding is the voxy is suppose to be a little more sporty in look, otherwise they are exactly the same car. 

Didn't get to drive because all sold, even test drive car sold. From my conversation with the grab drivers, power and acceleration seem decent enough with the 2L engine, but the new version I think has changed to a 1.8L hybrid, which I have not sat in any. 

Not a driver's car for sure, but a very decent and practice family mover. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

I'm not sure why, these two cars, as boxy (or Voxy) as they may be, look a tad better than those with a bonnet / long hood..

Eg, for me, those Mazda cars with the long bonnet just seem to be less space efficient... 

Oh well, when the time comes, let's see.... I'm a fan of the RAV4, but that's a five seater... and actually five is fine now. Haven't owned a SUV yet, so that's something interesting. Too bad they don't do like a 1.4/1.6T version of these MPVs... 

6 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Oh yes the Noah is even more basic. The PI SE showed me a raw Noah, sold but not done up yet, and mind you, it was really RAW.

My understanding is the voxy is suppose to be a little more sporty in look, otherwise they are exactly the same car. 

Didn't get to drive because all sold, even test drive car sold. From my conversation with the grab drivers, power and acceleration seem decent enough with the 2L engine, but the new version I think has changed to a 1.8L hybrid, which I have not sat in any. 

Not a driver's car for sure, but a very decent and practice family mover. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

There is always 2 engine, 2L & 1.8L Hybrid.

PI likely bring in 1.8L Hybrid for PHV segment.  Better FC.

Voxy rank higher than Noah.

Noah trim starts from X while Voxy trim starts from S-G.  Noah also got S-G (X => G => S-G).

• Praise 1

Twincharged
12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

There is always 2 engine, 2L & 1.8L Hybrid.

PI likely bring in 1.8L Hybrid for PHV segment.  Better FC.

Voxy rank higher than Noah.

Noah trim starts from X while Voxy trim starts from S-G.  Noah also got S-G (X => G => S-G).

You forgot esquire

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

The triplets...  Wife didn't like the look (from the back) when it was basically mostly the twins (only Noah and Voxy), and we eventually switched to SUV instead, after driving Wish for 13 yr. Then 2 yr ago we were thinking of getting a MPV again, and went to check out the triplets (by which time it's become so popular on the roads) again. With Toyota c-sense included now, the triplet is really quite a good proposition for anyone who needs a decently-big MPV for family comfort and who doesn't want to spend a bomb on Carnival... except that it only has 2 airbags! Went to a few PIs, and it was all the same. Even for Stepwagon (which once upon a time got 6 airbags for hybrid)...

This was a bit of a surprise, as nowadays even most sedans have 6 airbags, but a full-size MPV still only has 2...

Anyway, congrats to TS for his new needs, and in choosing a MPV that ticks all/most of his boxes.

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

yup, triplets all same shell. Noah is basic, voxy more sporty, esquire is more executive looking.

same power, dimension.

it's like alphard vs vellfire.

very practical. If they have 6 airbags and electronic parking brake, we just might have gotten it.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, therock said:

I'm not sure why, these two cars, as boxy (or Voxy) as they may be, look a tad better than those with a bonnet / long hood..

Eg, for me, those Mazda cars with the long bonnet just seem to be less space efficient... 

Oh well, when the time comes, let's see.... I'm a fan of the RAV4, but that's a five seater... and actually five is fine now. Haven't owned a SUV yet, so that's something interesting. Too bad they don't do like a 1.4/1.6T version of these MPVs... 

The full-size MPVs are practical, not fantastic lookers.

Long bonnets give good looks, but the space is given to the engine instead of the passengers' butts/legs lor...

if you 再接再厉,maybe next year you will need a MPV. Then we re-visit this and see if we have more suggestions/experience to share with you. 😄

If you like toyota suv with 3 rows, then only got Fortuner. But really, 3-row SUVs are not built for passengers, much less for baby seats...

• Praise 3

6 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

The full-size MPVs are practical, not fantastic lookers.

Long bonnets give good looks, but the space is given to the engine instead of the passengers' butts/legs lor...

if you 再接再厉,maybe next year you will need a MPV. Then we re-visit this and see if we have more suggestions/experience to share with you. 😄

If you like toyota suv with 3 rows, then only got Fortuner. But really, 3-row SUVs are not built for passengers, much less for baby seats...

PI got Prado or Land Cruiser

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Then no adult beside/between the baby seats? 

Well, my helper will always be at the 3rd row. 

↡ Advertisement