My quest for finding the perfect MPV for my family

Ctaiwee

On 1/13/2023 at 7:51 AM, Spidey10 said:

anything happen then can say bye bye to everyone.....so dangerouns and I believe Insurance will not cover as it is illegal and exceed the car stated capacity .....silly ler actually....what were they thinking!! safety 1st!!

If you look at it, it’s actually safer then our singapore pickup or trucks with the open top carrying workers to work. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Ctaiwee said:

If you look at it, it’s actually safer then our singapore pickup or trucks with the open top carrying workers to work. 

LTA says with trucks with canopy and everyone sit on the floor and adhere by 4sq ft per person it’s ok one. What do the Swiss and Germans know! 😂

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Ctaiwee said:

I will call those truck rather than pickup.

It is too weak to be pickup

I managed to squeeze in 7 big bags of balls, 4 battery cars , 10 stools, 1 box of a bouncy castle. Saving $200 for transportation delivery for my kids party. Lol

3063C53C-3CBD-41FF-94F1-B85050016B72.jpeg

5317181B-C4E1-492B-ADE1-2E8F117DE027.jpeg

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

On 2/28/2023 at 9:28 AM, Ctaiwee said:

I managed to squeeze in 7 big bags of balls, 4 battery cars , 10 stools, 1 box of a bouncy castle. Saving $200 for transportation delivery for my kids party. Lol

Cannot make 2 trips?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 2/28/2023 at 7:21 PM, Ctaiwee said:

Why make two trips if you can do it in 1?

I think cos your rear view is completely blocked by the bags of balls. Guess u paid extra care to drive and obviously reached your destination safely. 

Probably me will be the other person who will opt for 2 trips, cos me got decades long habit to check rear view mirror regularly whilst on the road.

😅😂😂😂

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 4

On 2/28/2023 at 9:18 PM, PSP415 said:

I think cos your rear view is completely blocked by the bags of balls. Guess u paid extra care to drive and obviously reached your destination safely. 

Probably me will be the other person who will opt for 2 trips, cos me got decades long habit to check rear view mirror regularly whilst on the road.

😅😂😂😂

Stay safe 

Cheers 

It’s the same as driving a truck with the steel box at the back. There is no way you can use the rear view mirror at all even if there is an empty load.  Or sometimes a van with a full load.  Just have to get used to it, I’m lucky to be able to do that because I worked as a van driver when I was younger helping my uncle deliver goods. I appreciate the concern. Just it just takes getting use to. Like all the containers drivers, there is no way they ever use their rear view mirror if they are towing a container at the back. Also when in Van mode, you drive at 60-70km max.

2386CD8A-50CA-47A9-B070-E120064D3163.jpeg

970A81D2-6CE2-4479-B5ED-D66821A391A6.jpeg

Edited by Ctaiwee
  • Praise 5

On 2/28/2023 at 9:35 PM, Ctaiwee said:

It’s the same as driving a truck with the steel box at the back. There is no way you can use the rear view mirror at all even if there is an empty load.  Or sometimes a van with a full load.  Just have to get used to it, I’m lucky to be able to do that because I worked as a van driver when I was younger helping my uncle deliver goods. I appreciate the concern. Just it just takes getting use to. Like all the containers drivers, there is no way they ever use their rear view mirror if they are towing a container at the back. Also when in Van mode, you drive at 60-70km max.

2386CD8A-50CA-47A9-B070-E120064D3163.jpeg

970A81D2-6CE2-4479-B5ED-D66821A391A6.jpeg

Its fine as long as you can safely reach your destination.

Never driven any vehicle such as you described, hence, I will make it 2 trips simply because I need to be able to check my rear view mirror without obstruction from within. 

Just sharing why the question of making another trip is valid for folks like me lah. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/3/2023 at 8:26 PM, therock said:

This looks interesting:

I wonder why Hyundai Singapore posted the video when it is currently a China/Taiwan market only model in LHD, manufactured in China.

On 2/28/2023 at 9:28 AM, Ctaiwee said:

Did your kids walk to the party then? :D 

On 2/28/2023 at 9:41 PM, PSP415 said:

Its fine as long as you can safely reach your destination.

Never driven any vehicle such as you described, hence, I will make it 2 trips simply because I need to be able to check my rear view mirror without obstruction from within. 

Just sharing why the question of making another trip is valid for folks like me lah. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

If you have tall adults in the back seat completely blocking off your windshield mounted rear view mirror, do you tell them to get off and take the bus, or do you chop off their heads? :D 

• Haha! 1

On 3/1/2023 at 9:59 AM, Beehive3783 said:

If you have tall adults in the back seat completely blocking off your windshield mounted rear view mirror, do you tell them to get off and take the bus, or do you chop off their heads? :D 

Tell them to sit at the sides. I am usually the tallest so not a big issue. 😂

And the most important point is, I seldom give lifts to anyone except family members. 😅👍

But seriously, dun like not being able to check rear view mirror, it's a habit that's kept up since I passed. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 3/1/2023 at 9:59 AM, Beehive3783 said:

On 3/1/2023 at 10:15 AM, PSP415 said:

Tell them to sit at the sides. I am usually the tallest so not a big issue. 😂

And the most important point is, I seldom give lifts to anyone except family members. 😅👍

But seriously, dun like not being able to check rear view mirror, it's a habit that's kept up since I passed. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Actually if the vehicle you are driving allow you to check rear view mirror, then maybe it is better try not to obstruct totally the back view of the vehicle. But if the vehicle you are driving cannot let you check rear view, like those van and lorry, then no choice la. 😅

• Haha! 1

On 3/1/2023 at 10:21 AM, 13177 said:

Actually if the vehicle you are driving allow you to check rear view mirror, then maybe it is better try not to obstruct totally the back view of the vehicle. But if the vehicle you are driving cannot let you check rear view, like those van and lorry, then no choice la. 😅

Er, I never tried but likely won't or need to now. 

Perfectly fine as long as one is able to drive safely. Even some drivers of cars with unblocked rear view mirrors oso dun check at all, so it's really up to one's driving habits. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 2

On 2/28/2023 at 9:18 PM, PSP415 said:

😅😂😂😂

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Check out for any white ones...?...and I'm not referring to the pappies...😅

OIP (3).jpg

backseat-ghost.webp

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

On 3/1/2023 at 10:27 AM, mersaylee said:

Check out for any white ones...?...and I'm not referring to the pappies...😅

OIP (3).jpg

backseat-ghost.webp

Haha... Clear conscience and clean hands no scare lah. 

Just respect their presence and frankly, I can sense sometimes their presence but not see. Not that I want to anyways. 😅😂

I believe they are everywhere but who you believe as God can be a great comfort and strength not to fear at all.

That's just my personal conviction. 

Focus on driving ya.😁😂😂

Stay safe 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1