My quest for finding the perfect MPV for my family

Ctaiwee

I think one side was folded... it was a Nissan something..

I wish the Jap ones had a bit more zoom... I dig why TS wants a turbo, but as a Lao Pek, I'll opt for Jap reliability at my age.. 

On the hand, if the GLB had the German older M274 engine, and was made in Germany instead of Mexico, I might consider it, it's a nice compact but nicely designed car. Good for one baby and some others... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

its the T8. twin charged plus hybrid.... to me its gonna be a disaster when things break and its many things to break.

Quickly Sell after Warranty End.🤣

49 minutes ago, therock said:

I think one side was folded... it was a Nissan something..

I wish the Jap ones had a bit more zoom... I dig why TS wants a turbo, but as a Lao Pek, I'll opt for Jap reliability at my age.. 

On the hand, if the GLB had the German older M274 engine, and was made in Germany instead of Mexico, I might consider it, it's a nice compact but nicely designed car. Good for one baby and some others... 

GLB not sliding door, not as convenient in getting in and out as that of a sliding door MPV.

2 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Want to sell no need to wait till warranty end one.😄😄

• Praise 1

Twincharged
16 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Sometimes it’s also not a matter of warranty. Who is so free to keep send in and out of workshop. 

19 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

GLB not sliding door, not as convenient in getting in and out as that of a sliding door MPV.

Yep, but I don't really need 7 seats right now, the plus two arrangement works fine..

The convenient of sliding doors is nice, a compact model like the Freed is nice, but I will appreciate a bit more power. And I'm not sure if any of these have side airbags?

The Voxy is a nice one too, no looks, but very practical indeed...

• Praise 2

@Dilemma yes we saw that too, the new facelift version even have two led screen at the back of the first row. , problem was that there isn’t any isofix at the  3rd row.

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

yes I agree with you , I went to see that too, small and no space for stroller; there was a video that show the presenter talking about it.

Yea you really need the sliding doors are especially for a family like with with 2 kids.

• Praise 2

@therock The worst part is He already bought the VW Sharan before He posted Here,trying to tell Brothers & Sisters here how good the Car/MPV He bought...Low Road Tax with Powerful EA888 Engine, 3rd Row Seats with ISOfix with Decent Boot Space.

• Haha! 2

Twincharged

Same with another chap here. All cars he buys are the best. And then when he changes them every 1-2 years, lots of justifications come out as to why. And then why the next one suits his needs better. 

doesn’t bother me too much. Some just need their time of day to gloat about their purchase. And to affirm to themselves only their decision was the right one. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

I am late to the party, and my take is go for a Japanese Hybrid MPV like Noah or eSerena.  low fuel consumption, great Japanese reliability, plenty of space and easy ingress & egress.  When have two young kids and career, being practical is the number one most important thing.

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

If I were you, i'll take the Kia carnival anytime, the space is unparalleled. 

Yea we saw that too, but the diesel 2.2 engine and the diesel tax was a put off also at 5115mm long was also a bummer.

@Mkl22 yea one needs changes accordingly to the their own needs at the period of time in their life. And mine happen to be these specific needs at this time. Touch wood, I hope my elders will be here longer. And if they are no longer around. My needs will change.

• Praise 2

(edited)

@IngeniusLove the Japanese MPV, the Alphard was always my first choice, but the ISOFIX at the 3rd row was the deal breaker for me

Edited by Ctaiwee
↡ Advertisement