My quest for finding the perfect MPV for my family

Ctaiwee

32 minutes ago, therock said:

Did some errands and I dropped by Leng Kee to KPO...

The Sienta is quite decent looking, but I wonder how much is it to change the battery? 5-6k at least I think... which will kill any fuel savings and the final value is lower due to the VES grade
Good leg room and lots of storage

The Honda Freed is a VES B car, BUT only two airbags - sad...

And for both cars, the second row seats are set low, so it may not suit taller folks, as the thigh support is minimal..

Lydia Sui at Honda is friendly and knowledgeable.. no pressure to buy either

Also, for the price of a CRV, you can get a GLB... I think Honda won't be moving too many units... 

Agree, the CRV does look like from another generation/world altogether.

Hmmm... maybe those people who are scared to be called brand whore will buy CRV 🤣🤣

↡ Advertisement

I think the CRV is ok, but not at that price.. 

Just like the Accord, it's priced out of the market, even though it's actually a decent car..

6 minutes ago, therock said:

Just like the Accord, it's priced out of the market, even though it's actually a decent car..

Honda cars are always badly priced. 

• Praise 2

9 minutes ago, therock said:

Kah Motor want to have Good Profit.

3 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

He is comparing Cat A GLB180 vs Cat B CRV.

CRV depreciation is $1k lower than GLB180.

CRV margin is $30k while GLB is $78k

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

He is comparing Cat A GLB180 vs Cat B CRV.

CRV depreciation is $1k lower than GLB180.

CRV margin is $30k while GLB is $78k

$78,000 Profit for the GLB.?No wonder C&C Shares can buy.🤣

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, ER-3682 said:

$78,000 Profit for the GLB.?No wonder C&C Shares can buy.🤣

Sounds a bit high... but I'm no pro..

The net price might be a bit different, but as I mentioned, it's no apples to apples comparison. The CRV is much bigger, but the lensing to the buyer is a conti premium brand Mexican vs an Asian Thai car..

Remember the A3 vs Corolla thread? The TS was trying very hard to share about his decision, and to me, it's perfectly fine, if it makes the buyer happy..

However, lets not turn this into a anti Honda session. 

On the other hand, Honda should have kept the Odyssey, I think that's a nice car, even if it was using a 1.5l turbo too.. 

The Freed at 160k and the CRV at 212k is just too dear.. 

3 minutes ago, therock said:

The net price might be a bit different, but as I mentioned, it's no apples to apples comparison. The CRV is much bigger, but the lensing to the buyer is a conti premium brand Mexican vs an Asian Thai car..

Remember the A3 vs Corolla thread? The TS was trying very hard to share about his decision, and to me, it's perfectly fine, if it makes the buyer happy..

On the other hand, Honda should have kept the Odyssey, I think that's a nice car, even if it was using a 1.5l turbo too.. 

Problem with CRV is EOL.

Diff Cat contributes to the price difference.

GLB200 which is Cat B is $280k.

That’s $50k more than CRV

14 minutes ago, therock said:

Some reports say Honda is launching the new model Odyssey next year, not facelifted like the current one.

34 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

CRV cost price is $210k because it is turbo Cat B, GLB  is Cat A at cost of $168k, it is clear who makes more if both cars are sold at  about the same price. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, therock said:

Lydia Sui at Honda is friendly and knowledgeable.. no pressure to buy either

🤣..... you never state what is most important... swee boh? if swee must buy from her.... buay swee... then run away.

• Haha! 3

18 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

🤣..... you never state what is most important... swee boh? if swee must buy from her.... buay swee... then run away.

Swee… don’t walk, run 🏃‍♀️ 

the basic Freed steering wheel looked rather sad.. so many blanked out bits… and two airbags in this day and age is a crime…

56 minutes ago, therock said:

Re CVTs, what's the best way to go fast? I recall something about not mashing the pedal to the metal? 

It’s always pedal to the metal to go fast. If you want to go faster and not flog and waste fuel then add additional pressure tot he pedal and keep it there. 

16 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

It’s always pedal to the metal to go fast. If you want to go faster and not flog and waste fuel then add additional pressure tot he pedal and keep it there. 

You can’t do that for CVT.

Need to wait for engagement 

1 hour ago, therock said:

Re CVTs, what's the best way to go fast? I recall something about not mashing the pedal to the metal? 

If have Manual Shift[+/-] Gate use Manual.